Pleban Girls Party - another time, another thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Belated farewells to flybabe! :wave:

Well, I can't blame the car for thinking there's a flood if it's been raining all day... :wink:
Wish it would rain more down here... the reservoir levels are still falling :(

Chocolate coated macadamias... :drool: *munches*

hola ya'll.. i donno how long i will be here..but damn i cant sleep..i only slept an hour then i woke up hot..and tried to go back to sleep but i cant..so her i shall be..:mad: i should be waking up in 2 hours.. grr..and i just wanted to tell ya'll..about that Shakespeare (yeah i finally figured out i was spelling it wrong..ACK!)..exam..i got a 83/100 on it..so i can so love a B!

Congrats on the result, tanner! :hug: :D

I didn't get much sleep last night either... SOMEONE (well, two someones) kept me up till 4am.... :wink:

So how much sleep did you get, Fiona? :laugh:

:lol: thanks.. yeah i slept all day yesterday cause i didnt feel well..but im also not looking forward to self defense at 9am either..it makes me exhausted cause he wants us to run laps and then run up and down the steep stairs..and hell i may be 17 but im a big girl with a bad knee..so :sad: i only need the one credit..for the class..but id rather be boxing and doing actual self defense than running laps that knocks the wind outta me..:| and im going to try to get that last hour of sleep..cya

Wow, that's less than me... I decided to set the alarm for 7.30 instead of 6am so I got 3 hours or so... it's good to have sleep in multiples of 90 minutes. :yes:

I was relatively sane today! And I'm not even knackered now... :ohmy: I don't know why!

i'm betting it'll hit you tomorrow! my sleep life has been so crazy of late that i'm not surprised at all that my body is reacting this way and hating me for it! t'was still fun though :hi5:
i was relatively sane, but come the end of the day i was dead on my feet - i've just woken up from a nap and i don't think i really want to stay up too long...

T'was indeed much fun :hi5: :D

I can't do naps... I always feel crap afterwards and get a headache.

It's just hitting me now, actually... I think I should go to bed and at least read for a bit if I don't go to sleep straight away. Someone at work has loaned me a book about the history of the English language... it's so cool. :up:

I owe myself a huge practice on the weekend! :rockon:

Seeya! :wave: :hug:

yeah...i'm a bit groggy still :crack: but i needed something to eat....and to pack all my groceries away - i just dumped them on my bedroom floor when i got home and still haven't packed them away...
that book sounds like teh coolness! my flatmate's learning ancient greek and it's mad to see how many of our words found their origin back then :up:
have a nice night, and hopefully so will i :wink: :wave: :hug:

andberlin said:
that book sounds like teh coolness! my flatmate's learning ancient greek and it's mad to see how many of our words found their origin back then :up:
have a nice night, and hopefully so will i :wink: :wave: :hug:

Cool... sleep was goooood. :up:

This book doesn't go quite as far back as ancient Greek... It starts with people from Friesland (which is in the Netherlands I think, and included Angles, Saxons and Jutes) invading/settling the British Isles, which were then (circa 400 AD or so) full of Britons speaking Celtic and maybe a bit of Latin after the Romans had left.
(Frisian itself started with Sanskrit/proto-Indo-European, like every language in Europe with a few odd exceptions.)
Then of course you had another series of invasions - Danes and Norwegians, and the Normans, which all mixed things up a bit. I'm just reading now how the first Plague in 1349 made things even more interesting. :slant:

Hi SG :hug: :wave:

Eek, must get ready for work... blue crack in the mornings is bad. :reject:

:sigh:

Have you ever browsed myspace or Bebo for old school friends and realised they have achieved alot more than you and you're jealous coz they've done the travelling you want to do!

:reject::lol:

Guess i really should get saving now. :lmao:

Hey girls!

Alisaura said:

Cool... sleep was goooood. :up:

This book doesn't go quite as far back as ancient Greek... It starts with people from Friesland (which is in the Netherlands I think, and included Angles, Saxons and Jutes) invading/settling the British Isles, which were then (circa 400 AD or so) full of Britons speaking Celtic and maybe a bit of Latin after the Romans had left.
(Frisian itself started with Sanskrit/proto-Indo-European, like every language in Europe with a few odd exceptions.)
Then of course you had another series of invasions - Danes and Norwegians, and the Normans, which all mixed things up a bit. I'm just reading now how the first Plague in 1349 made things even more interesting. :slant:

Hi SG :hug: :wave:

Eek, must get ready for work... blue crack in the mornings is bad. :reject:

mmmm sleep was goood too! except that my flattie made me help her study for a greek exam so i didn't get to bed as soon as i'd hoped, but apart from that mmm :drool:
madness! that book sounds even cooler than i thought :nerd: and here i am stacking shelves and rearranging books once again! i feel pretty stupid though - i forgot to bring the CD on which my hermeneutics course is on, so no possible 5 hrs of study :sad: oh well - blue crack is the upside :hi5: :wink:

Last edited:
i keep seeing references to bebo, but i have no idea what it's all about :scratch:
well one more sleep for me too! but yeah, i'm pretty much there - today (friday) is more like the weekend for me anyway cos i'm pretty much sitting at the computer all day getting my dose of blue crack while stacking books on shelves - ah, the life of a volunteer librarian :nerd: :wink: only downer is getting up at 6am :crack:
what are you up to this weekend anyway?

<-- took a course in Old English and the history of the language in university - "Old English" defined as around the time of Beowulf in literary terms, not Shakespeare like some people think :lol: It's a whole other bloody language!

shopping is ALWAYS good jem! :drool:
and yes, books=:love::drool: - what a hard life i have!
ah! drea, hi! :wave: :hug: am jealous of yr old english course - i'd love to read more about all that sorta stuff - proper era's & all that. and yeah, one read of shakespeare could tell you the he's not ye olde english :lol: :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom