PLEBA Misc News and Articles #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That baby Larry and Bono and Adam look like the real one's not so sure about Edge. :cute::hyper:
The trailer looks so much fun, I'm gonna buy the book.

Hello friends!

I wanted to ask help from you all.

I am collaborator ( with photos ) of the largest portal about U2 in Portuguese.
And our website now for the second phase of the "Premio Vagalume"
Competing for best fan site

So, click here:
U2 Brasil - PRÊMIO VAGALUME 2010 | CATEGORIA: FÃ-SITES

Write same code beside left in the box and click "Confirmar Voto".
To for vote again, wait for 2 minutes.

Our page in web here: www.u2br.com

Thanks all so much!! :wave::wave:

Hello friends!

So, click here:

Voted! :hug: :wave:

Bono to unite East and West for Mikhail Gorbachev's 80th birthday

Music-News.com, November 01, 2010​

A gala concert to mark the 80th birthday of international elder statesman Mikhail Gorbachev and raise £5 million for children's charities,
will be held at London's Royal Albert Hall next March, it has been announced.

The concert and fund-raising campaign was launched by Mr. Gorbachev's grand-daughters,
Ksenia Gorbacheva and Anastasia Virganskaya, at a press conference at the Royal Albert Hall.

The Nobel Peace Prize winner, one of the most transformational figures of the 20th century,
and regarded globally as "the man who changed the world," will turn 80 in March 2011.

Taking part in the fund-raising campaign and concert celebrations will be politicians and world leaders including former British Prime Minister,
Sir John Major and former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder.

Also taking part will be former French Prime Minister Michel Rocard, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California and Friede Springer,
of German publishing house Axel Springer, with more expected to add th.eir support shortly.

And the first celebrities to lend their names and support to the campaign include stars such as Bono,
Jose Carreras, Hugh Grant, Elizabeth Hurley, Alan Rickman, songwriter and producer Magnus Fiennes,
and his film director sister Martha Fiennes with more names to be announced in the coming weeks.

Ksenia Gorbacheva, speaking at the press conference in London, said:
"Mikhail Gorbachev is recognised around the world as one of the towering figures of 20th century.

"He truly is the man who changed the world, bringing the Cold War to an end and helping to bring democracy to Eastern Europe.
"I'm very proud to be able to celebrate my grandfather's 80th birthday with the world next year and honour his remarkable achievements."

The concert, on March 30 2011, will be the culmination of a six month fund-raising drive to raise £5m for children's cancer charities in the U.K and Russia.

It is being organised by Gorby 80 Ltd. on behalf of the Gorbachev Foundation,
the organisation established by the former Soviet leader to promote democracy and support humanitarian causes.

Tickets will be priced to suit every budget, beginning at £35 and rising to £100,000 for 33 exclusive boxes with dinner and specially commissioned Gorby 80 memorabilia.
© Music-News.com, 2010.

I hope this makes a perfomance :)

U2 guitarist brings an Edge to wife's art project

Irish Independent, November 02, 2010
By: Ken Sweeney​

U2 guitarist Edge and his choreographer wife Morleigh Steinberg have collaborated to create a music and dance piece inspired by the work of artist Louis le Brocquy.
'Cold Dream Colour', which makes its world premiere in Dun Laoghaire's Pavilion Theatre on November 12,
marks the 94th birthday of the Dublin-born artist recognised as the foremost Irish painter of the 20th century.
Californian Steinberg, who married musician Edge in 2002,revealed she has been fascinated by Le Brocquy's art since she moved to Ireland 15 years ago and had asked his permission before embarking on the work.
"I asked him if he had ever seen his paintings danced? His face lit up and he replied, 'It would be an honour'," she said.
The show will be presented by Steinberg herself, along with other dancers including her sister Roxanne Steinberg,
Grant McKay, 'Oguri' and Katherine O'Malley.
It is hoped that Le Brocquy will attend the show's opening. Tickets are on sale at the theatre box office at €18, €22 and €35.

© Irish Independent, 2010.

Discovered Lous Le Brocquy coz of Bono, kept reading about him in "Bono in Conversations" so I got curious! :D It's quite lovely! :cute:

The Gorbachev concert should be interesting, glad Bono's part of it!

Vulture Hangs With Bono and the Edge at Anton Corbijn’s Gallery Show -- Vulture

Vulture Hangs With Bono and the Edge at Anton Corbijn’s Gallery Show
11/8/10 at 6:00 PM Comment

Photo: Neil Rasmus/Billy Farrell Agency
Anton Corbijn shot U2's most famous album cover, The Joshua Tree, so it probably shouldn't have been shocking to see Bono and the Edge mingling amid maybe 25 other randoms at the opening of the filmmaker's photo exhibition at Stellan Holm gallery on Friday night. But, come on. It was Bono and the Edge. In a tiny second-floor room on the Upper East Side. It was a little weird.

The only things mitigating the weirdness were the U2 members' warm joviality and that Corbijn had chosen not to display any of his many U2 photographs, which was probably the right move since none of the subjects of the photographs on display (Richard Prince, Bruce Springsteen, Iggy Pop, Tom Waits) were in attendance. Asked if he's embarrassed by any of the photographs Corbijn has taken of him over the years, Bono replied without hesitation, "All of them! It's hard to look at yourself." The Edge agreed: "But we know where he parks his car. And he knows that we know. And he knows that if he produces any of them, he's a dead man."

As Bono told another guest, when Corbijn started shooting them in the early days, he won them over by telling jokes and keeping them laughing constantly. Plus he paid for dinner the first night, which, given that the band loves dinner and that they hadn't yet made a fortune, sealed the deal.

Corbijn, though, was never able to actually get a shot of the band smiling. "I remember our manager came up to us in the eighties, after The Joshua Tree. We always had these stony faces. He said, 'Just a hint. Don't look like the band is too stupid to enjoy being at number one,' " said Bono. According to the Edge, though, the shot they chose for the album cover was actually the cheeriest of the bunch. "He was telling a lot of jokes, so we look somber, but we didn't look like we were about to go to the guillotine." (Huh. Really?) The Edge went on, "Studied intensity. I think that's how you'd describe our early work with Anton. It was years later that we realized that worked, but it only worked in contrast to shots where you didn't look so intense, of which there were none early on. We've tried to redress the balance more recently and take at least one or two where there's at least the hint of a smile."

As for the latest sensation among rock stars, Keith Richards's autobiography, Life, neither has read it, though the Edge said he's dying to. "Oh yeah! I just haven't had time. I can't believe he remembered." Remembered what? "Anything! I'm terrible at remembering things, but that he remembered anything at all, it's miraculous."

'Just a hint. Don't look like the band is too stupid to enjoy being at number one,' " said Bono. According to the Edge, though, the shot they chose for the album cover was actually the cheeriest of the bunch. "He was telling a lot of jokes, so we look somber, but we didn't look like we were about to go to the guillotine." (Huh. Really?) The Edge went on, "Studied intensity. I think that's how you'd describe our early work with Anton.

:applaud: Love it! Love both of their comments about JT, it's always nice when they shed some light on some of their most iconic moments:D

But Larry's comment about JT remains my all time favorite :lol:
"If you look at the cover of The Joshua Tree you see 4 very unhappy men. What nobody realizes is that it was minus 20 out there. We were freezing! Put any bastard out there and see if he's happy."

"Oh yeah! I just haven't had time. I can't believe he remembered." Remembered what? "Anything! I'm terrible at remembering things, but that he remembered anything at all, it's miraculous."

:lol: Can I just have adrink with this guy

Asked if he's embarrassed by any of the photographs Corbijn has taken of him over the years, Bono replied without hesitation, "All of them! It's hard to look at yourself." The Edge agreed: "But we know where he parks his car. And he knows that we know. And he knows that if he produces any of them, he's a dead man."

THIS :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Corbijn, though, was never able to actually get a shot of the band smiling. "I remember our manager came up to us in the eighties, after The Joshua Tree. We always had these stony faces. He said, 'Just a hint. Don't look like the band is too stupid to enjoy being at number one,' " said Bono.
They enjoyed on their own way :lol:

:applaud: Love it! Love both of their comments about JT, it's always nice when they shed some light on some of their most iconic moments:D

But Larry's comment about JT remains my all time favorite :lol:
"If you look at the cover of The Joshua Tree you see 4 very unhappy men. What nobody realizes is that it was minus 20 out there. We were freezing! Put any bastard out there and see if he's happy."

Brilliant quote! :D

Hello friends!

So, click here:

Keep voting folks,please:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom