PLEBA Girls: Why do the ladies love guys who play gutiar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
i don't know a better crowd to ask then this one, so. . .

why do the women love guitar players? i mean, it's nothing really that special :reject: . I've never really understood why. . . maybe if you're a rockstar like Bono or Edge then yeah but how 'bout just the regular old Joe (or Justin :wink: ) who plays the gutiar? why is he so cool. . .

Well usually the kinda guys who play guitar have that whole poetic soul to go with it. But then they just also have this look. Nothing (besides Bono of course) is sexier to me than a guy in dirty jeans and bare feet playing an acoustic.

Plus...they've got strong hands from all that playing. :wink:

I've always been obsessed with the guitar player. They are the one I watch at a concert. I played guitar all through high school and wanted to be in a band so bad but that just wasn't the thing for girls to do at my school. I worked all through high school to pay off my guitar each month and then turned around and sold it back to the music store for extra college money. I totally regret that and still miss playing. So that's why I love guitar players because I've always wanted to be a guitar player.

Ditto to what arw said about wanting to be a guitar player.

Also, the hands. Not just because playing makes them strong, but it makes them, ehem, nimble. :wink:

And let's not forget thier 'guitar face'. That grimace they make when they are really exerting themselves to get a certain note......it looks alot like another type of face they make....:angel: Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I'm realizing that I have dated a fair amount of guitarists....never really thought of it before...lol

I like any type of rock musician. Being in a rock band shows that he's creative, but with a bad boy side. Very sexy.

Bono is a hottie who can play the guitar...I wouldn't nessacarily call him a guitar player though. If that makes any sense. I can play Chopsticks on the piano but that doesn't make me a pianist.

I think Bono's probably better with his mouth, U2BonoGirl....:macdevil:

starsgoblue said:

:macdevil:
bonotongue.jpg
:macdevil:

I love musical men, they are very attractive because they are creative, and music is a thing I have no idea about. It belongs to a different world. To be able to shape noise into beautiful sounds is like magic to me, something I cannot do. I love the way guitarists get into a 'zone' and phase out to the world as the music flows through them , like the Edge, and the John Frusciante from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers (John Frusciante is NOT sexy though- he's too weird. Edge is just:drool: )

Bono is good with his mouth !!! Soo sexy !!!
Add his guitar to it.....don't know what can be more sexy, than Bono singing AND playing his guitar at the same time !!! :drool: :censored: :drool:

I'm a Bono girl, but for me even the Edge and Adam look hot with their guitars....:wink:

Last edited:
I've always been attracted to creative, artistic types, musicians, writers, painters, actors, filmmakers, photographers, etc. Maybe because I'm a creative type, too or maybe because yuppie suitpukes leave me cold (plus they always want the Stepford Wife type).

Anyway, guitarists. Look how many guitars are shaped. Curvy, like a woman. You see a musicians arms and hands all over that curvy shape and you can only imagine his arms and hands all over your curvy shape.

Excuse me, while I go rev up my Hitachi Magic Wand. :drool:

Easy on some of the comments, ladies!

To me, it's not so much as guitar playing sexy...but when I look for a guy, I seek out music-lovers. A lot of guys SAY they like music...and all that means is that they listen to Top 40 radio. If a guy plays guitar, that REALLY tells you something about his music love.

I suppose you could say the same about a guy who plays the tuba...but...guitar is more rockin' and exciting...it gets my heart going to see a guy with a guitar.

Okay, okay, it IS also because guitar playing is just simply sexy as hell! :lol: :wink:

Oh...and no offense to the tuba players out there. :wink:

I remember watching something along time ago & Larry & Adam were asked a question about Bono's guitar playing. Adam said he doesn't actually play a guitar-he wears one. I thought that was cute. (He wears it well.)

starsgoblue said:
Bono is a hottie who can play the guitar...I wouldn't nessacarily call him a guitar player though. If that makes any sense. I can play Chopsticks on the piano but that doesn't make me a pianist.

:lol: why, that is probably true
how about what he said...something along the lines of I dance better horizontally than vertically.....

he does look so cute with his guitar, especially when hes playing and you dont hear anything:laugh:

I dont think its just a guitar, I tend to find men with a creative side sexy - and that ends up mainly being band members I guess :laugh:

The guitar has always been my favourite instrument. I'm with you on the 'something about a guitarist' thing. It's really sexy just to listen to some of the sounds that come out them things, and of course Edge is great at making it sound that way! I must say that it really does turn my head if i just see a guy walk past with a guitar case, there's just something about it. I use to play electric guitar a lot myself (not that i'd say i'm particularly good though) when my brother used to have lots of different guitars. I don't wish to bring the conversation down or anything, but the really terrible thing is that he died 11 years ago now, i miss the way we used to hang about togethar, and with him being the lovely, kind brother he was, he actually did let me play it when i wanted!It was really cool. We would have such a great time, talking about music&stuff&playing on his stratocaster!

Golightly Grrl said:
Anyway, guitarists. Look how many guitars are shaped. Curvy, like a woman.

I was just going to mention this. The guitar is a beautiful instrument, some argue shaped like a woman's body.

There's also the factor of, forgive me Bonochick, the long neck. Not that that's necessarily attractive, but I remember a discussion I was having with someone a while back about the Madonnas and Britney Spearses writhing around on stage simulating masturbation and why that's such a big deal. My friend was confused as to why this was such an issue considering you have men simulating masturbation on stage every night with their guitars. :shrug: Something to think about.

I think they're hot because they're the silent expressive type. Not quite the lead singer but completely necessary to the band. :up:

Guitar players intrigue me because of most of the reasons you all have stated so far.

There's something about a guy who communicates through music instead of words... :drool:

Though I definitely have nothing against guys who can talk :p

I dunno, i just think its sexy! fast cool riffs are soo cool, if the guy is cute and has style then thats a bonus!

Guns and roses would be nothing without slashes riffs would there.

Back
Top Bottom