PLEBA girls party-we need to escape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

Pfft. I'm totally expecting it to be a regular thing. Now that we know you can and do write, we'll always be bugging you. :)

Do you write often?

To be honest, that was my 1st cap. But I do write alot of other things(poetry, stories, etc.)

greeneyedgirl said:
Mr GG wants to start a column in the paper about yard sales. He wants to rate them after they have been held to humiliate the ones that really sucked or led you on with the ad.
Like " Antique furniture" but its really a futon, or "Antique dishes" but its correlle, and the people who put out a half-used bottle of shampoo for .25 or dirty appliances.......
I think it would be hillarious.....

oooohhh noooo :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
in Brooklyn they are famously called stoopsales....many are spread out in front ofd brownstone stoops that is the longer than usual set of stasirs going down to the street. regular apt buildings don't have as long ones.

VintagePunk said:

Either way. :D

I haven't written one in ages...I kinda just sit back and let the experts handle the heavy lifting. :lol: But now that you're among them, you'll just have to keep going...

Me, expert? Don't insult SG and Bri by putting me in the same category as them. :wink:

probably not till tues :grumpy:

the LIb is NOT OPEN on sunday. ANd I am really really tight for money this week... I have to by a new standing fan! Mine died a slow deathat thr end of the summer before last. Lucily there is a/c in the living room. the fan can help blow the coolk into mine.
and i could usually do it mon but i have to be somewhere earlier than usual so ...well perhaps around lunch IF and I'm sure part of the next part'll get going in my head before then... :D.. so yeah,,maybe Mon...Mon theLibis closed all year round, and SUn during summer hours... damn cuts in service:mad: :mad:

how's you doing...? VP

SG & ELESS :hug:s good nite...

dg you still arouind?

Dazzled....I'll be waiting till then. :)

I'm doing well, thanks. Attempting to get all my proverbial ducks in a row, to get my study ready to run. Not sure if I've mentioned this, but I was advised at my presentation to delay running it till the fall, when there will be a bigger pool of participants to choose from. Personally, been doing some long-awaited relaxing...probably TOO much :huh: But it's been several years since I've had this light of a workload for more than a week at a time, so I've kinda been enjoying it. Indulging in U2 and chat more that I probably should...as opposed to using my time productively...but...oh well. :lol: We go on vacation the first week of July, and if things are still good school-wise, I'll be looking for a job to fill my time when we get back.

Dazz I'm still here! :wave:

VP-thanks. :hug: And you'll be happy to know that after much arguing, the A/C will finally be in my room tomorrow! That means except for the living room(which I'm in right now with a fan) and dining room, all of the house will have A/C! :hyper:

daygloeyes2 said:
Dazz I'm still here! :wave:

VP-thanks. :hug: And you'll be happy to know that after much arguing, the A/C will finally be in my room tomorrow! That means except for the living room(which I'm in right now with a fan) and dining room, all of the house will have A/C! :hyper:

It wasn't a flippant compliment, I sincerely mean it. You're good. I was feeling what you wrote! :hug:

I was feeling kinda insecure about stuff I've been working on for months now, till the other night. Talking with the girls convinced me that mine's not better or worse...just different. Now I feel like going back to it.

Yay for A/c...who's putting it in?? :lol:

if i spent more time writing caps...I"d never keep up with PPG orany other part of Interland. caps ARE fuuunnn,, but so's drooling over photos with you all,hanging out and talking U2 stories, songs etc...and tour stuff!
AND sharing good and bad news as well.

ANDF i spend time in bunches here & there for my own enjoyment writing my own B fanfic.... that's in betwwen all my art and artisan crafts that clamor for my attention....and all my other fun activities beside the daily routines et al.....

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

It wasn't a flippant compliment, I sincerely mean it. You're good. I was feeling what you wrote! :hug:

I was feeling kinda insecure about stuff I've been working on for months now, till the other night. Talking with the girls convinced me that mine's not better or worse...just different. Now I feel like going back to it.

Yay for A/c...who's putting it in?? :lol:

Thank you. :hug: I wasn't going to post it, but then I was like what the hell? Why not? :)

My brother is. He doesn't want me bitching about it anymore. :lol:

dazzledbylight said:
if i spent more time writing caps...I"d never keep up with PPG orany other part of Interland. caps ARE fuuunnn,, but so's drooling over photos with you all,hanging out and talking U2 stories, songs etc...and tour stuff!

ANDF i spend time in bunches here & there for my own enjoyment writing my own B fanfic.... that's in betwwen all my art and artisan crafts that clamor for my attention....and all my other fun activities beside the daily routines et al.....

I know...there's only so many hours in a day. :sigh:

good for you dg. Anmd you vpgot a/c now?

I don't get to watch toomuch tv thus i don't see much of th4 oke weather map & systems stuff... I guess the hotter for these past weekor two in cANAD...WONDER if it's part of the same system that making it here in NYC about 4 weeks warmer than it would in genral be...this is July weather not usually somuch in june {it cvan get hotter still in july.aug :madspit:

VintagePunk said:

Your brother reminds me of mice, now. :yikes: :lol:

Eek! Mice! :yikes: :reject:

I went into his room tonight to get a book he borrowed from me. You should have seen how I was creeping in there. If I wasn't so terrified of the possibility of mice I would have been laughing at me. :lol:

dazzledbylight said:

I hate when real life interferes with the blue crack. :madspit: :sigh:

Dazzled, I got my a/c put in on thursday. Thank goodness...I'd slept about 10 hours from Sunday till then.

Our weather is goofy. We tend to go through patterns where we have oppressive heat and humidity for 4, 5, 6 days...then a few days of pleasant warmth with no humidity...then back to the heat. This has been going on for a week now, and it's going to last for about 4 more days, according to the forecasts...I suppose what's unusual about this is the length of time it's lasting, this early in the season. Just a few weeks ago, we were wearing jackets.

oh just because of genuine relitivty when it comes to weather...like in Ariz {i visited] in the High Desert {beauutiful there] in July if it's near 90 and 35-40% Huimidity everyone wlks around fazzed out...TOO humid...in that same time in NYC ppl would be {like} me would be saying this is pretty damn good. I like between 70 - low 80's with abiut 30-35% H is just deeply glorious for NYC at that time of year.

so what temp with what H starts to be oppresive...what with the jet stream and all it could be bringing the SW winds up higher...earlier:mad:

Last edited:
daygloeyes2 said:

Eek! Mice! :yikes: :reject:

I went into his room tonight to get a book he borrowed from me. You should have seen how I was creeping in there. If I wasn't so terrified of the possibility of mice I would have been laughing at me. :lol:

We'd be a mess, if we lived together. :lmao:

Funny mouse story.

I buy my dog food in 40 lb bags, and I keep it in the laundry room, sorta half-tucked under a table...the laundry room is just off my kitchen. Somehow, mice were getting on the table, and then plunging into the dog food bag. I'd be sitting there watching tv at night, and hear the mice in the bag, making crinkling noises, running around and trying to figure a way to get out of the bag. I had to call and ask my brother to get it out for me, but he couldn't come till the next day, so I had to spend the whole night listening to it. :yikes: :yikes: The same thing happened a day or so later. Sarah thought she was afraid of them too, till she peeked in the bag, then she was all like "awwww, it's kinda cute!" So I told her if it's so damn cute, she can take it outside and get rid of it...so over the next few weeks we trapped 3 or 4 more mice in the dog food bag, and she just carried it outside and let them go. :yikes: :lol:

VintagePunk said:
Dazzled, I got my a/c put in on thursday. Thank goodness...I'd slept about 10 hours from Sunday till then.

Our weather is goofy. We tend to go through patterns where we have oppressive heat and humidity for 4, 5, 6 days...then a few days of pleasant warmth with no humidity...then back to the heat. This has been going on for a week now, and it's going to last for about 4 more days, according to the forecasts...I suppose what's unusual about this is the length of time it's lasting, this early in the season. Just a few weeks ago, we were wearing jackets.

That's exactly how it's been here. :madspit:

VintagePunk said:

We'd be a mess, if we lived together. :lmao:

Funny mouse story.

I buy my dog food in 40 lb bags, and I keep it in the laundry room, sorta half-tucked under a table...the laundry room is just off my kitchen. Somehow, mice were getting on the table, and then plunging into the dog food bag. I'd be sitting there watching tv at night, and hear the mice in the bag, making crinkling noises, running around and trying to figure a way to get out of the bag. I had to call and ask my brother to get it out for me, but he couldn't come till the next day, so I had to spend the whole night listening to it. :yikes: :yikes: The same thing happened a day or so later. Sarah thought she was afraid of them too, till she peeked in the bag, then she was all like "awwww, it's kinda cute!" So I told her if it's so damn cute, she can take it outside and get rid of it...so over the next few weeks we trapped 3 or 4 more mice in the dog food bag, and she just carried it outside
and let them go. :yikes: :lol:

I would be having multiple panic attacks. :yikes:

If that ever happens to me, my dogs are going hungry since my mother's terrified of mice as well and my brother is never home. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom