PLEBA girls party - September's here !!!! PGP meetups & U2 gigs are near

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bono: Bri's here! :hyper: :D
ElevOS94.jpg

** Bad timing :madspit: Bye Bri :wave: :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

I vote for Bad :up:

:giggle: I'd love to have Bad as a second choice, though I'm afraid of the snippets... Plus I haven't been able to find signs or even signs *close* to some of the stuff in the last section (the section that starts out "this isolation..." - damn Bono and his hard to find lyrics :lol: ) in either of my signing dictionaries :madspit:

(As it is I'm signing Sometimes you can't make it on your own as Sometimes you can't live alone, which is the closest I can get with the dictionaries I have...)

Drea said:

:giggle: I'd love to have Bad as a second choice, though I'm afraid of the snippets... Plus I haven't been able to find signs or even signs *close* to some of the stuff in the last section (the section that starts out "this isolation..." - damn Bono and his hard to find lyrics :lol: ) in either of my signing dictionaries :madspit:

(As it is I'm signing Sometimes you can't make it on your own as Sometimes you can't live alone, which is the closest I can get with the dictionaries I have...)

:hmm: AIWIY is a good choice, probably, then. That doesn't have a lot of difficult parts, does it?

Sad_Girl said:

:hmm: AIWIY is a good choice, probably, then. That doesn't have a lot of difficult parts, does it?

I haven't tried to go through all the signs for it, but it would probably be easier to find... I'd take Bad or One before it though - for signing only, given it's my fav U2 song - for the confidence level I have with what signs I know already *g*

As much as I love the faster songs, my hands and brain aren't quite coordinated enough to keep up yet ;) Granted interpreters are usually working with songs/words they haven't heard before, so ASLing to songs I know and love is both easier and harder to do *g* (You aren't supposed sing, bounce and sign at the same time - for obvious reasons - but when I'm just signing in a crowd that's what I'm doing :lol: ) The big problem is because I know and love the songs, I'm trying to stay right with them, and not fall a line or two behind... and sometimes the brain is willing, but the hands are fucked :laugh:

Drea said:

I haven't tried to go through all the signs for it, but it would probably be easier to find... I'd take Bad or One before it though - for signing only, given it's my fav U2 song - for the confidence level I have with what signs I know already *g*

As much as I love the faster songs, my hands and brain aren't quite coordinated enough to keep up yet ;) Granted interpreters are usually working with songs/words they haven't heard before, so ASLing to songs I know and love is both easier and harder to do *g* (You aren't supposed sing, bounce and sign at the same time - for obvious reasons - but when I'm just signing in a crowd that's what I'm doing :lol: ) The big problem is because I know and love the songs, I'm trying to stay right with them, and not fall a line or two behind... and sometimes the brain is willing, but the hands are fucked :laugh:

I bet that would have to be extremely challenging. :yes:

So, where is everyone tonight?

Bet they couldn't get on and gave up....
Not me, I just kept on logging in, went and watched 5 min of tv, came back, logged on again, sent a frantic email or 2 out, and now I'm here....
Safe and sound in my little corner of Pleba :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom