Pleba Girls Party - Give Us What We Want!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zu. the glorious party is the 29th, so I've taken 29th and 30th of the schedule for work. I only sign up for the days I can work, and if they need me, they'll call me then. But I'm so not counting on being able to work the 30th! :D

GG, I have an idea what it might be, although I'm not a dentist, so don't take my word for anything. But the teeth you have in the back of your mouth, the ones really far in the back, the ones you don't get until you're an adult (if you're "lucky"), the ones we in Sweden call "wisdom teeth"... I don't know if that's what they're called in English... anyways, end of rambling. If you have a problem with them, if they're broken or have holes in them, they can make your whole jaw ache. Both mine in the upper jaw fell apart, and it hurt like hell in my front teeth. The weird part is, there was no pain at all in the teeth that were broken. We have free dental care in Sweden until you turn 19, and after that I never went back, except for when those teeth went bad. It's really quickly done, though, dentists usually never tries to fix those teeth, so they just pull them out, and then it's done. It's easy for me to say, though, I don't have any problems going to the dentist, except that it costs a fortune, and I'm lazy :reject: :shrug:

End of novel :wink:

We call them wisdom teeth too :yes:

Mine are still there, whole and unharmed, but I think I've been lucky... most people get at least two of them taken out, because there's not enough room in their mouths for them. They can make the teeth at the front of your mouth hurt, because they're pushing everything forward and that's where the pressure builds up. They made my front teeth hurt when they came through, but luckily I didn't need anything taken out.
I knew a guy at uni who had to get all four of his taken out... his face swelled up so he looked like a chipmunk... :giggle: Poor guy.

Zu. the glorious party is the 29th, so I've taken 29th and 30th of the schedule for work. I only sign up for the days I can work, and if they need me, they'll call me then. But I'm so not counting on being able to work the 30th! :D

GG, I have an idea what it might be, although I'm not a dentist, so don't take my word for anything. But the teeth you have in the back of your mouth, the ones really far in the back, the ones you don't get until you're an adult (if you're "lucky"), the ones we in Sweden call "wisdom teeth"... I don't know if that's what they're called in English... anyways, end of rambling. If you have a problem with them, if they're broken or have holes in them, they can make your whole jaw ache. Both mine in the upper jaw fell apart, and it hurt like hell in my front teeth. The weird part is, there was no pain at all in the teeth that were broken. We have free dental care in Sweden until you turn 19, and after that I never went back, except for when those teeth went bad. It's really quickly done, though, dentists usually never tries to fix those teeth, so they just pull them out, and then it's done. It's easy for me to say, though, I don't have any problems going to the dentist, except that it costs a fortune, and I'm lazy :reject: :shrug:

End of novel :wink:

:hi5: I have a Singstar party the 6th! We'll be watching the movie I'm learning the soundtrack off too!

Yuuuuuck that sounds not too great! :scream:
I do have 3 wisdom teeth indeed :uhoh: it's not located near them, so it sounds like it could be what you're saying..
We do have insurance for this and such, but still! :scream: Our dentist is a fucking butcher! He ALWAYS makes sure my mouth bleeds when I leave there!
Oh, but the main issue with my wisdom teeth is.. :uhoh: they've not surfaced yet. I've only seen them on pictures of my jaw..

It's actually probably better that the wisdom teeth haven't surfaced yet. If they do and they come in off to the side or something, it can be very very very painful.

Call the dentist, GG. I'll hold your hand!

Wisdom teeth suck. Mine haven't surfaced either, but every so often when they decide to move, my mouth's in pain for a week. I should probably go get them taken out, even though every dentist I've ever seen says I shouldn't have a problem with them.

Though every time I think of a dentist I think Steve Martin and the sentence, "I'm gonna get a candy bar!" and Bill Murray doing this --> :hyper:

...I watch too many movies...

Wisdom teeth suck. Mine haven't surfaced either, but every so often when they decide to move, my mouth's in pain for a week. I should probably go get them taken out, even though every dentist I've ever seen says I shouldn't have a problem with them.

Though every time I think of a dentist I think Steve Martin and the sentence, "I'm gonna get a candy bar!" and Bill Murray doing this --> :hyper:

...I watch too many movies...

The pain can be gone without surgery? :hyper:

That's a great excuse not to go to the dentist. :yes: I'm in!

:wink: Nah, it's getting less already.. it sorta looks like a blister or so..

:crack: Had a huge nervous breakdown in the train... we got checked for tickets(happens int he train here, if you get caught you pay directly the fine and your ticket or you get it sent home with an additional fine) and I couldn't find my wallet with my student card(we get free public transport). I left it in my sports bag since my driver's license is in there and I needed that last night.
:crack: Thank fuck that it was a guy. He let me off the hook. Cause I was honest.
Well, otherwise I wouldn't have been fined, cause with a student card you're allowed to forget it once a year, you get noted and get a note if you get checked on the way back. Now I'll borrow money from a friend to get me home, I can go cheaper cause a student card gives 4 people 35% off, while the holder goes free. Since I travel with my friends I can get the discount.
Ugh. Do not like this.

:hug: GG.... your ticket inspectors sound a lot more reasonable than ours (of course, our students don't get free transport, so there's probably a lot more fare evasion) ... they were given the power to actually CHASE people who didn't have tickets, if they ran off the train or out of the station or whatever. :rolleyes:

Glad your teeth are feeling better!

And Yay Bri! :applaud: .... remind me what the thesis is on? :reject:

lol here they can't get off the train. When the inspectors are checking, it's always inbetween stations and the train doors aren't going to open till they're done. They're usually with 2 too, for safety.
They sadly can't do anything here anymore.. politic bullshit made themm unable to fight off bitches without tickets who refuse to pay.

My friend just came in here, and he said it's ok if I borrow money from him and travel with him. phew I'm saved!

:hmm: Wasn't Bri's thesis that thing she was working on a long time ago? Or was that VP?

My friend just came in here, and he said it's ok if I borrow money from him and travel with him. phew I'm saved!

:hmm: Wasn't Bri's thesis that thing she was working on a long time ago? Or was that VP?

Yay for friends!

I think VP was doing one ages ago, or still doing one... :scratch:

Ofcourse, on the way back we got an extra checkup. :wink: Just my luck.
Ah well, now I got fined, but all I gotta do is let them send me a form so I can get the money back. Not that I had any ID or money with me, since my wallet was at home. I could've gone for a completely different name or adress or whatever! :lol:

:crack: Why are they always trying to rip you off? I had to go to the website, they gave me a phone number a la 0,10 euro per minute... OFCOURSE its'a computer and it taaaaalkkssssss liiiiikkkeeeeeee aaaaaa snaaaaaaaiiilllll... and it takes ages to get trough the different options..

Heh. VP is the one with the ongoing thesis from last year.
I've whined about my need to do a thesis a few times, and complain constantly about school in general. :wink:

And while the specific aspect I'll be working/researching hasn't been totally defined yet by my supervisor - I'll essentially be working on...

wait for it

a cure for cancer :happy:

who doesn't want to say that?

And ok, that's not totally true, but I can't resist. What it is, is a very promising looking treatment for cancers - and in particular ones that have poor prognosis as of today.
Essentially, the idea is that viruses can be used to kill cancer cells.
All pretty cool actually.

:nerd:

Whatcha waitin for? :sexywink:

Noooo....don't feel silly. I feel the worth of a thesis is in it's interest to you. My fallback plan if I didn't get a supervisor soon, was to work with this really cool anthro prof I know - so a completely different direction. But no less worthy, imho. :)

I actually didn't think this guy would take me. And I just think it's sorta cool to be able to walk up to people and be all "I'm helping to cure cancer". Not that I do that, but you know.....:lol:
I'm a bad person :reject:

Wanna trade with me, Bri? You can try to do a massive paper on the mythology behind a dozen or so place names in the UK, and I'll take on cancer. I'm completely lost. What the hell was I thinking??? How am I supposed to fill 25 pages when all I can find is:
"Aberdeen, mouth of River Don, named after Celtic godess Devona".
I mean, that's pretty much it, isn't it? What else can I write? Sure, I could probably write a paragraph about who Devona was, but then what?

Hey, btw :wave: :D

Yeah... problem is, I'm not allowed to guess :( I'm not really allowed to think on my own,
'cause the whole damn paper is supposed to be "scientific", which basically means that in the end it has to look like it's written by a machine without the ability to think.
And at the moment, I'm seriously doubting that I have the language skills to pull of a scientific paper in a foreign language... :scream:

I should have done the bloody thing on Harry Potter or something...

So, how are things with you all?

Ask the Brits Jez, I'm sure Wild and Jem know a few things!

Sounds like a cool thesis subject Bri. :shifty: Our hawt lab assistant is actually doing the same subject, he's becoming a Dr. with it!
And just imagine how awesome it would be if you accidentally stumbled on something good!

Oh shit, I didnt'r ealise there are actual people here !:hyper:

:uhoh: I just fed my kitty so much fish during dinner that she puked it all out.. Guess I fed her too quickly!

:lmao: First thing she does when she returns outside... go to her bowl and eat her dry food. Gotta love her short term memory!
Speaking of the devil, guess who begs for a spot on my lap now. :wink:

aw, lap kitty.
We're seriously thinking of giving our kitty back. You have to feed her EXACTLY 3/4 of a can 3 times a day or she pukes, usually on our carpet, yesterday on my son's favorite puzzle.

And now she uses our closet to pee in whether or not her litter box is fresh. :angry: I feel bad but I just don't have the patience for it anymore and my husband is very very tired of it all, since he gets none of the kitty love, only me!

:crack: That's annoying yea... but how old is it? Is it a cat or a kitten? If it's a kitten, you need to train them to use the box properly. And yea, in the beginning cats usually eat very fast cause they're afraid someone will 'steal' their food. So they eat till it's gone instead of till they're sated. After a while it should wear off, just try to sit next to the cat while eating, let them see you pose no threat!

Yeah, Zu, it's in English. I'm actually getting pretty good at "normal" English, compared to how I was when I first started coming here to PGP back in the day :reject:
But the whole scientific thing scares the crap out of me :yikes:

I would love to ask Wild and Jem, GG, if they ever show up here when I'm on :grumpy: :wink:

uhm, me no speak no english no? :scratch:

Well, I haven't seen Wild in quite a while, nor on msn nor on here... and Jem, come to think of it it's been quite a few days too I think. :sad: Where'd they go?

Perhaps try to pm them, or email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom