Pics with hip hop/R&B stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocomet said:
That's BB King at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony. I've been looking for bigger versions of my teeny thumbnails forever!

da2903f1.jpg

2603f730.jpg

32013e6e.jpg

774ca28d.jpg

There were three threads dedicated to the Rock N'Roll Hall of Fame ceremony in PLEBA and tons of great pictures were posted there by Kelly Ahern, U2granny (Brigit) and other PLEBAns.

macfesto said:
Nice pictures...I love Bono's purple shirt..and that watch is pretty sweet too...anyone know what brand it is?//

I always wanted to know more about that watch too. Did we ever find out any more about it? It's RED right? (I mean the campaign, not the color :wink: .. well that too )

I love red watches... I have 2 now, but to have Bono's would be... :drool:

Bonochick said:

I was hoping someone would post the Tickle Me Bono pic. :giggle: :heart:

This picture was taken at the studios in NYC where Bono assembled a number of recording artisits from the Rock and Hip-Hop music worlds to collaborate on the CD single "What's Goin' On" - a remake of the Marvin Gaye classic song.

The artists ranged from Gwen Stefani, Moby and Michael Stipe to Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and a host of Hip-Hop artists.:up:

The CD was to raise money for AIDS organizations assisting Africa but with the event of 9/11, some of the money raised from the CD went to help the victims of 9/11.

Here is a link to view the video:

http://www.methodstudios.com/moe328

I hope this info was helpful. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Thanks for that link Jamila, I had still never seen the video yet. Is it available to get anywhere anymore?

arw9797 said:

Rev Run's name is Joe not Darrel. :shifty: I'm watching the show right now :wink:

:lol: Thanks I get the members of RUN DMC confused sometime.
What show are you refering to BTW?

Carmelu2fan said:

:lol: Thanks I get the members of RUN DMC confused sometime.
What show are you refering to BTW?

Run's House on MTV. DMC's name is Darryl McDaniels. :nerd: I was a big Run DMC fan back in the day 20 years ago when MTV played videos :love:

arw9797 said:

Run's House on MTV. DMC's name is Darryl McDaniels. :nerd: I was a big Run DMC fan back in the day 20 years ago when MTV played videos :love:

That's it!!! You go girl! I used to be a big Run DMC fan too. I am ashamed I got them mixed up:reject:

Now I need to watch MTV to check out this "Run's House"
I do not watch much MTV these days, it just not what it used to be.

bonocomet said:
Thanks for that link Jamila, I had still never seen the video yet. Is it available to get anywhere anymore?

bonocomet, I really don't know where else the video might be available.

I was pleasantly surprised that I found it at the link I provided.

FYI - the woman who helped Bono put together this venture is now the Executive Director of the organization Keep a Child Alive (http://www.keepachildalive.org)

Thanks for your interest in this video, bonocomet. :bonodrum:

Back
Top Bottom