PGP working Pro Bono for the boys - Happy 50th Birthday B

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The other morning the forecast for here was for snow pellets. :huh: WTF?! :lol: I looked outside my window, and it was just grey outside. So weird. It has been really cold for May, though. I could not get warm at all this morning, but now things have gotten a bit warmer.

Yeah, I heard that Seattle was having 40's F and the person on the phone(from Seattle) was asking the radio host could we send them some of our lovely warm weather...

...and I thot.............

......Seattle? hell, no!!! :grumpy:

WE got ALL THAT GRAY SEATLE Weather here in NYC LAST year (09) April, May, June. :madspit:

Payback's a bitch sometimes!:angry:

:wink:
:hug:S
hope it all warms up nice & quick!

Yeah, I heard that Seattle was having 40's F and the person on the phone(from Seattle) was asking the radio host could we send them some of our lovely warm weather...

...and I thot.............

......Seattle? hell, no!!! :grumpy:

WE got ALL THAT GRAY SEATLE Weather here in NYC LAST year (09) April, May, June. :madspit:

Payback's a bitch sometimes!:angry:

:wink:
:hug:S
hope it all warms up nice & quick!

:lol:

It's supposed to warm up pretty quickly, thankfully. :up: This weekend looks like it's going to be glorious, which is great, as I have my race on Sunday morning. I don't mind if it's overcast and a little chilly - that's perfect running weather for me, but as long as it's not pouring with rain/snowing or super hot, I'll be fine. :)

I'm not sure. All I know is somehow my respiratory system was depressed to the point of me waking up coughing and gasping for air. Been having a couple heart palpitations recently, too. I can't figure this out beyond sleep apnea and being overweight.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
:hug:jess

Get thee to a doc!

the guesses you have are good...

The palpitations?

Are you outwardly or inwardly unbeknownst to others or maybe even yourself reallystressing about something(s)?

About '93 & '94 I would sometimes wake up at night and feel weirdish and hear my heart pounding, and then start speeding up really fast.......:yikes:

Eventually it stopped over a a year or 2 , partly by me using some calm breathing techniques.

once or twice I've almost thought it might be starting but i go right to the excercise... so I haven't had one IN ?? 12 plus years. (THANK goodness)

as for stress...oh yeah.....
it was during the NYC's area extended recession ( the rest of the country was back before we were)

:lol:

It's supposed to warm up pretty quickly, thankfully. :up: This weekend looks like it's going to be glorious, which is great, as I have my race on Sunday morning. I don't mind if it's overcast and a little chilly - that's perfect running weather for me, but as long as it's not pouring with rain/snowing or super hot, I'll be fine. :)

Oh good, and good luck on your race!!

Today IS glorious here :drool::heart::drool:...
80F and humidity 29% and falling!

I was up in The New York Botanical Garden :love::drool: today before i came down here!
It's SOOOO green there!
G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S :zen::zen:

it's sooooooooo enrgizing AND calming at the same time!

Thora, glad the b'day lunch was fun. I've got a b'day dinner this saturday and I'm always paranoid that nobody will show up!

Jess, I had heart palpatations a couple years ago - the dr. had me wear a portable EKG thing for a week that was absolutely unconclusive. Chalked it up to stress - which you've certainly been lately. I started drinking more water and getting more sleep (melatonin and trazadone when I needed it (prescription) and eventually they went away.

Oh good, and good luck on your race!!

Today IS glorious here : drool::heart:: drool:...
80F and humidity 29% and falling!

I was up in The New York Botanical Garden :love::drool: today before i came down here!
It's SOOOO green there!
G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S :zen::zen:

it's sooooooooo enrgizing AND calming at the same time!

Thank you!

That garden sounds lovely! We have a great Botanical Garden here in Vancouver, and I should make a point of visiting sometime this spring. I haven't been in ages, and it's a gorgeous place.

thora - you still here?

HOW was your WOrk B-D party?

and did you see LOST?

The lunch was wonderful. :) We had a delicious meal, and were out of the office for over 2 hours! :lol: I normally just get a 1/2 hour break, but since our entire department was there, it didn't really matter that we took so long. :)

Yes, I saw it. :sad: Oh my god. SO incredibly heartbroken. I haven't cried that hard from watching a TV show in a LONG time! :lol: I was bawling. :lol:

Thora, glad the b'day lunch was fun. I've got a b'day dinner this saturday and I'm always paranoid that nobody will show up!

Thanks! I hope everyone does show up for your party! :hug:

^ I finished the last couple projects and I like them - must remember to scan them before I send them off tomorrow. Now I've signed up for two that are really going to challenge me so that should be cool. One is using the idea of doors - we have to make doors that actually open and reveal something interesting - all on a 2.5x3.5 in card that fits in an envelope!

Thora, are you still able to do your upcoming race with your ankle problems? *crosses fingers*

And yeah, low 90's are about average for this time of year - doesn't mean I have to be happy about it though!

Thank you!

That garden sounds lovely! We have a great Botanical Garden here in Vancouver, and I should make a point of visiting sometime this spring. I haven't been in ages, and it's a gorgeous place.

yo'/re veddy welcome! :D :hug:

I'll bet it is!
My sis loves Vancouver ( been there 2x's)!

The lunch was wonderful. :) We had a delicious meal, and were out of the office for over 2 hours! :lol: I normally just get a 1/2 hour break, but since our entire department was there, it didn't really matter that we took so long. :)[/QUOTE]

:applaud: wonderful!!! :lol: 2 hours plus!:hyper: THAT's the way to celebrate at work, baby!

Yes, I saw it. :sad: Oh my god. SO incredibly heartbroken. I haven't cried that hard from watching a TV show in a LONG time! :lol: I was bawling. :lol:

I was just stunned! AND because i have to play close attention to the caps/ voice dialogue to get stuff while watching it's a good thing i didn't cry ! I'd lost a bunch of stuff. oh, mannnnnnn. :sad:

Thora, are you still able to do your upcoming race with your ankle problems? *crosses fingers*

Yup, I'm doing it. I won't be able to run the full distance, which is okay, so I'll just run as much as I can, and then walk whenever I need to.

I'm trying not to let time bother me, and not focus on that - just doing my best is all that's important. It doesn't matter if I'm slower than normal. I'm excited to get out there and run, though! It's a fantastic atmosphere!

I was just stunned! AND because i have to play close attention to the caps/ voice dialogue to get stuff while watching it's a good thing i didn't cry ! I'd lost a bunch of stuff. oh, mannnnnnn. :sad:

I didn't expect everyone to be alive at the end of the show, but to lose those two in particular was just heart-wrenching. I was sobbing SO much! :lol: I don't normally cry that hard, but it was just so incredibly sad. I'm glad they were able to die together, though. :heart: If they were going to die, I'm glad it was the two of them together.

ETA - Yeah, I saw that. :up: Should be awesome!!

Stress? I don't have any stress. :crazy:

I like Spock. I want my name to have something to do with Spock. I've always thought myself akin to Spock, what with going up to my mother at age three and telling her Santa Claus is illogical.

My co-worker just brought his 4 yr old son into the office for the rest of the afternoon. :cute: It's official - no work is getting done this afternoon! :lol: This kid is seriously one of the funniest and cutest kids I know. Love it! :D

I didn't expect everyone to be alive at the end of the show, but to lose those two in particular was just heart-wrenching. I was sobbing SO much! :lol: I don't normally cry that hard, but it was just so incredibly sad. I'm glad they were able to die together, though. :heart: If they were going to die, I'm glad it was the two of them together.

ETA - Yeah, I saw that. :up: Should be awesome!!

yeah,, :sigh: at least that.

the very last shots of their hands together separating .....uuuuhhhhh sniffles

:hmm:

you might want to SPOILER ALErt what you wrote, thora...

Perfect example of a brain fart:

I'm calling people today, reminding them of their training next week. I just looked somebody up and went, "Hey! This person lives in Utah!" Then part of my brain woke up and went "Hey, dumbass! They ALL live in Utah!" :lmao: Lost my mind for a second there.

^ I finished the last couple projects and I like them - must remember to scan them before I send them off tomorrow. Now I've signed up for two that are really going to challenge me so that should be cool. One is using the idea of doors - we have to make doors that actually open and reveal something interesting - all on a 2.5x3.5 in card that fits in an envelope!

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

YEs! Scan PLEEZE! :wink::heart:

And yeah, low 90's are about average for this time of year - doesn't mean I have to be happy about it though!

oh Ok. I was just afriad it WAS above normal.

yeah,, :sigh: at least that.

the very last shots of their hands together separating .....uuuuhhhhh sniffles

:hmm:

you might want to SPOILER ALErt what you wrote, thora...

Yeah, that last shot. :sad: Sniffles indeed. Very Titanic like, though! :lol:

I think you, me and VP are the only ones who watch Lost in here, and I saw her post in the Lost thread last night after the episode was over. I think it's fair game to talk about it without spoiler tags after it's aired, but if anyone thinks differently, just let me know, and I'm happy to do that. :)

This kid is seriously the best. He's smart and funny, and just all around adorable. :love:

Thora :wave: Sorry, got distracted elsewhere :lol:

:madwife: I need TSN, there's no radio feed for the Boston/Philly game *grumble* Does the Vancouver game start at 6 or 6:30 your time?

I can't decide on a new name. Not that I have a deadline to get it changed. I'd just like to have it sorted before I stick myself with a name I don't like.

Thora :wave: Sorry, got distracted elsewhere :lol:

:madwife: I need TSN, there's no radio feed for the Boston/Philly game *grumble* Does the Vancouver game start at 6 or 6:30 your time?

No worries! :D

6:30. Just over an hour to go! :hyper:

I can't decide on a new name. Not that I have a deadline to get it changed. I'd just like to have it sorted before I stick myself with a name I don't like.

Princess Consuela Banana-Hammock!! :laugh:

:reject: Sorry. I just find that episode of Friends ridiculously funny. :D

Princess Consuela Banana-Hammock!! :laugh:

:reject: Sorry. I just find that episode of Friends ridiculously funny. :D
:lmao: That's what I'm afraid of doing to myself. I could always go without a middle name. Or just the initial S. Can stand for Spock, Shatner, Sheldon, Special Relativity, Science, Space, Snare Drum, whatever I want.

Back
Top Bottom