PGP-We crossed the line...the boys pushed us over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JezSnape said:
Bye SG :hug: Have a nice time!

GG2, I don't think they're that alike, just enough for me to catch some Dutch words. From what I understand, Swedish, German, Dutch and even English originate from the same language though, so it would be weirder if they weren't alike. Yes, I'm a language :nerd:

yup, english comes from latin, German Swedish and Dutch from Germanic(dunno how to spell that correctly in english) language :nerd:

Hmm, are you sure about that? That English is from Latin, I mean? I'm pretty sure they said it was germanic when I studied English. :scratch: (I like your spelling on Germanic, we'll go with that)

I remembered when we read Beowulf in it's original text, half the words were more or less Swedish. But I don't know, it's been a while since I studied it, so I'm probably wrong there :shrug: It's been over three years since I studied Latin, so most of it is gone by now :lol:

Lots of English comes from French also
Pretty much every word ending in 'ion' and 'ence' are derived from French.
I always thought that it would be hard to learn French until this summer. Very easy. :yes:

greeneyedgirl said:
Lots of English comes from French also
Pretty much every word ending in 'ion' and 'ence' are derived from French.
I always thought that it would be hard to learn French until this summer. Very easy. :yes:

exactly, and french is also a language from Latin :)

also words like table-table are really alike :)

English has actually stolen stuff from a lot of languages :lol: But yes, there are both Latin and Germanic roots to it :) And studying Old English (as in, around the time of the original Beowulf, etc) *is* a different language :wink:

<-- did "Old English and the History of the Language" in university

Galeongirl said:
:D big size
bonochristmasweldyxd0.jpg

PLEBA size

bonochristmasweldyplebaqx7.jpg

Thanks Galeon :hug:

:lol: table-table, I didn't get it at first...

When I studied French, I had no problems, I had more problems with the German. Latin was the worst, though. :huh:

I'm gonna take my doggie for her nightly walk, but I'll probably be back in half an hour. See ya :wave:

:ohmy: I took too long in writing my reply! All these people showed up! :lol: Drea, Sami, Wild, Weldy :hug: I'll be back later.

:laugh: I'm so gonna be in the guinness book of records for the making of the most queerish Bono avatars ever!

:lol:

ok now I'm really going! :wave: byyyee!

Back
Top Bottom