PGP - Scheming? Who? Us??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

Good books :up: Personally, I would recommend Metamorphasis :yes:

Unless of course you're more in the mood for fantasy ... :shifty: :wink:

:hmm:
Add the extra bonus that it is the shortest, thus I will finish it faster, thus I will feel more accomplished and I think we may have a winner!

Mind you...when reading, it never hurts to take breaks. And fantasy is a great getaway....:flirt:

sami0201 said:

:lmao:

Explain it!! Maybe there's something I'm just not grasping but I'm such a quick reader, and it's taken me a week so far to get to page 35. :| I just can't get into it. A woman we know is an english teacher and she was explaining it to me but I still hate it!

I'm not sure how to explain it Sami :lol: I'm sorry! It's just a really unique expression of the way a person always feels isolated from other people; different somehow. It's a big comment on how differently a person sees themselves from how they see others and how they think others see them

there's so much more to it, as well... but it isn't an easy read - I'll give you that

Hi, by the way! :hug:

Sad_Girl said:

I'm not sure how to explain it Sami :lol: I'm sorry! It's just a really unique expression of the way a person always feels isolated from other people; different somehow. It's a big comment on how differently a person sees themselves from how they see others and how they think others see them

there's so much more to it, as well... but it isn't an easy read - I'll give you that

:banghead: The english teacher I was talking to said that it's a metaphor of him going back into the womb. :huh:

I must find cliffs notes or something. I also have to read (both by Ibsen) A Doll's House and Hedda Gabler. I read Hedda already.

Then for math I have to read How To Lie With Statistics by Huff.

sami0201 said:
DON'T READ METAMORPHASIS!!! It's one of my summer reading books and it's so dumb I hate it! I'm reading it right now. But on the bright side, it's only 55 pages. Inferno was alright, we read that in 10th grade. I've never read Frankenstein but I'd probably pick it out of those 3.

:lol: Way to make an entrance!:hug:

I never had summer reading lists when I was in highschool...although, my understanding is they give you a list of books you *have* to read. I think it would be more effective to have a lsightly larger list and let you select a number of them you actually might be interested in reading.. Altho, I suppose the problem then would be not everyone read the same books.

I remember in first year I read a few selections from metamorphisis....but I can't remember much about it anymore :hmm:

And I remember watching Frankestien on Wishbone :love:
Does anyone remember that show?

~BrightestStar~ said:

:hmm:
Add the extra bonus that it is the shortest, thus I will finish it faster, thus I will feel more accomplished and I think we may have a winner!

Mind you...when reading, it never hurts to take breaks. And fantasy is a great getaway....:flirt:

Would you like me to send you chapters 6 and 7? if MSN will cooperate :madwife:

sami0201 said:

:banghead: The english teacher I was talking to said that it's a metaphor of him going back into the womb. :huh:

I must find cliffs notes or something. I also have to read (both by Ibsen) A Doll's House and Hedda Gabler. I read Hedda already.

Then for math I have to read How To Lie With Statistics by Huff.

Well, for the sake of schooling I would always go with what teachers and printed experts (especially cliffs notes and the like) say. That was just my own personal take on it, and I was only nineteen or twenty when I read it. I may see it differently if I re-read it now :shrug:

I often have a different perception of a book than critics and teachers though :slant:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:lol: Way to make an entrance!:hug:

I never had summer reading lists when I was in highschool...although, my understanding is they give you a list of books you *have* to read. I think it would be more effective to have a lsightly larger list and let you select a number of them you actually might be interested in reading.. Altho, I suppose the problem then would be not everyone read the same books.

I remember in first year I read a few selections from metamorphisis....but I can't remember much about it anymore :hmm:

And I remember watching Frankestien on Wishbone :love:
Does anyone remember that show?

:lol:

Hi girls, by the way. :hug: :wink:

I agree, they do that for the regular classes. You pick one out of a list for extra credit. But I'm in honors because I'm so brilliant. :angel: :wink: So we are all required to read the same books, and we're tested on them on the first day of school.

I don't think I've ever seen Wishbone.

sami0201 said:

Check out sparknotes.com:up:....They're like sparknotes, but online :drool:
And they give pretty good basic explanations about context, messages withtin the story..backgrounds on authors etc, etc

Sad_Girl said:

Well, for the sake of schooling I would always go with what teachers and printed experts (especially cliffs notes and the like) say. That was just my own personal take on it, and I was only nineteen or twenty when I read it. I may see it differently if I re-read it now :shrug:

I often have a different perception of a book than critics and teachers though :slant:

I'm not saying that she's right or that you're wrong! The womb thing never occured to me, I thought more along the lines of what you said. But I honestly just thought it was a stupid story about a man who wakes up as a roach. :lol:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Check out sparknotes.com:up:....They're like sparknotes, but online :drool:
And they give pretty good basic explanations about context, messages withtin the story..backgrounds on authors etc, etc

I am very familiar with that site. :drool: We had to read Their Eyes Were Watching God this year, but I was so busy with AP's and stuff that I never read it. I just read the sparknotes every night, and I got the highest grade in the class on the test. :reject: Like a 98% or something ridiculous. :lol:

School starts 3 weeks from today! :hyper:

sami0201 said:

I'm not saying that she's right or that you're wrong! The womb thing never occured to me, I thought more along the lines of what you said. But I honestly just thought it was a stupid story about a man who wakes up as a roach. :lol:

:lmao: I didn't think you were, I just felt the need to add that - I didn't do great in high school so... :huh:

and yes, I can remember having that feeling when I started reading the story, too - it was total WTF? :confused: :eyebrow:

the rockin edge said:

tired. lol.

who ever had the great idea..."put the new guy by himself on 1 dept tonight, he's been here almost 2 weeks now".

:madwife:

how are you?

I'm doing pretty good, thanks :)

Sorry to hear that about work :madwife: that really stinks :madspit:

the rockin edge said:

tired. lol.

who ever had the great idea..."put the new guy by himself on 1 dept tonight, he's been here almost 2 weeks now".

:madwife:

how are you?

there's the opposite great idea: "I know! Let's give her a job our interns could do. Let's just forget she's got two degrees and years of experience in this department, because we really need someone who can type and make phone calls."

:mad:

sami0201 said:

After the first few days I'll be like, "what the hell was I thinking? Excited for school to start?"

Exactly!
My friends used to whine from about now until school started about how bored they were and how badly they wanted school to start. Three days in, the regret it all.

I on the other hand have strictly clung to summer until the very last millisecond. I may enjoy school...but cmon..it's summer!
:tsk:

Oh, and if anyone was actually wondering..Wishbone was this kids show which would cover various classics....with this cute lil dog that would tell the story and typically play the main character's role. :cute::lol: I used to watch it whenn I was little.

So my 10 year old cousin goes to camp and her group is all girls, and the other group her age is all boys. So naturally the 10 year old girls all flirt with the boy counselors (just little girls with crushes) because the boys counselors play with them and stuff. So today my cousin was wearing one of the counselor's sunglasses, and she went to give them to him and he was so hot!! :combust: She said she thinks he's my age. We made total eye contact today when we went to pick up my cousin. :lol: Tomorrow she's gonna tell him that her cousin thinks he's hot. :lmao: And see what he says.

Sad_Girl said:

I'm doing pretty good, thanks :)

Sorry to hear that about work :madwife: that really stinks :madspit:

it wasn't that bad, but i was actually really busy working constantly tonight.:wink:

the managers help though, they're cool.

sami0201 said:

I've had a few cd's on my ipod forever but I haven't really listened until today. I have Busted Stuff, Crash, and Under The Table And Dreaming. What songs do you like from those cd's?

everything on crash of under the table, it's all great.:drool:

i don't know busted stuff as well, i only just bought that actually. but grey street, where are you going, big eyed fish & bartender are all great!

~BrightestStar~ said:

Oh, and if anyone was actually wondering..Wishbone was this kids show which would cover various classics....with this cute lil dog that would tell the story and typically play the main character's role. :cute::lol: I used to watch it whenn I was little.

I remember that show! my older nephews used to watch that one :yes:

sami0201 said:
So my 10 year old cousin goes to camp and her group is all girls, and the other group her age is all boys. So naturally the 10 year old girls all flirt with the boy counselors (just little girls with crushes) because the boys counselors play with them and stuff. So today my cousin was wearing one of the counselor's sunglasses, and she went to give them to him and he was so hot!! :combust: She said she thinks he's my age. We made total eye contact today when we went to pick up my cousin. :lol: Tomorrow she's gonna tell him that her cousin thinks he's hot. :lmao: And see what he says.

:flirt: Yeah Sami! go for the hot camp counselor :wink:

the rockin edge said:

everything on crash of under the table, it's all great.:drool:

i don't know busted stuff as well, i only just bought that actually. but grey street, where are you going, big eyed fish & bartender are all great!

and Grace Is Gone. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom