Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2015, 07:28 AM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post
today I found out that my 19 year old intern doesn't know who U2 is. Never heard of them or even Bono. She didn't recognize a single picture of them and didn't know any of the songs I brought up. She didn't even hear about the iTunes album giveaway. She listens to all types of music too so I figured she would have at least heard about the iTunes thing. When I was 19 in the early 90's I knew tons and tons of bands from the '60s and '70s. It was much harder back then without the internet to get immediate info so I can't figure out how someone with technology at their fingertips cannot know who one of the biggest bands on the planet is.
People are crazy. I am forever grateful for MTV in the early 90s and also for my parent's vinyl collection. I listen to an 80s-90s-to present radio station whenever I'm in the car with my kids, so at least they know Prince and Heart and recognize Billie Jean from the bassline! I take their musical education pretty seriously. Yesterday I met an Indian guy at my hostel who had been raised in Eastern music and fallen in love with Western music via Bob Dylan, and had literally never heard U2 before. Based on our conversation he ended up at the show last night!

And on the other side of me was a man who had loved U2 since the the 80s but it was his very first show ever---one back from the rail in Boston! I was glad to be able to tell him NOT to go for a beer during the intermission. I thought it was way more crowded last night and people seemed to be getting wise that the intermission was so short, because I didn't see many empty seats.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:04 AM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevey View Post
Oh you guys. It was amazing.....it's totally unreal and I am so exhausted after only two shows! I was sooo close. How close? Close enough to see the individual fuzz on Edge's arms and the IEM taped to the back of his neck. Will post all my photos when I upload!
Both shows were incredible. For personal reasons, Friday night was other worldly for me.

Night 1 I was on the e-stage rail north side. Then I wandered up front for the encore. Last night I had a seat, but through....magic , I wound up on the floor south side. I was out by the e-stage for when Bono came out, then hung back against the RZ rail.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:23 AM   #263
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh you guys. It was amazing.....it's totally unreal and I am so exhausted after only two shows! I was sooo close. How close? Close enough to see the individual fuzz on Edge's arms and the IEM taped to the back of his neck. Will post all my photos when I upload!
I experienced thar a few times too. It's amazing to be so close to see stray hairs of his beard sticking up

him so damn much
Old 07-12-2015, 09:24 AM   #264
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
People are crazy. I am forever grateful for MTV in the early 90s and also for my parent's vinyl collection. I listen to an 80s-90s-to present radio station whenever I'm in the car with my kids, so at least they know Prince and Heart and recognize Billie Jean from the bassline! I take their musical education pretty seriously. Yesterday I met an Indian guy at my hostel who had been raised in Eastern music and fallen in love with Western music via Bob Dylan, and had literally never heard U2 before. Based on our conversation he ended up at the show last night!

And on the other side of me was a man who had loved U2 since the the 80s but it was his very first show ever---one back from the rail in Boston! I was glad to be able to tell him NOT to go for a beer during the intermission. I thought it was way more crowded last night and people seemed to be getting wise that the intermission was so short, because I didn't see many empty seats.
That's awesome! I met so many people who said it was their first show after being a fan for 25-30 years.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

ARW, be sure to catch the video of him coaching the nervous teenager through guitar on Desire. He was giving him the narrow eye because the kid was distracted Bono and the crowd instead of watching Edge like he should, but he was super sweet to the kid himself, catching his eye, giving encouraging winks and making damn sure the kid was following him for the bridge.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:34 AM   #266
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:27 AM
Can't wait to see your picspam Jeevey. And I'm looking for the kid who got the guitar on video. all I could remember seein in the Periscope feed that his SMILE was CHISSELED to his face. And probably still is.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:40 AM   #267
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I experienced thar a few times too. It's amazing to be so close to see stray hairs of his beard sticking up

him so damn much

Yes. And the little curls under the hat, I love those too. And you know what? It's not a mirage of the camera: he does in fact have a great body, and he does indeed move very, very well. Will be looking for footage of him dancing by himself on the e-stage during COBL to gif.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #268
ONE
love, blood, life

yeah Edge is far too modest to show all of his funk but the man can move.

I remember seeing him playing UTEOTW in frankfurt and hannover, he was el fuego !
With him bending over the bridge , to strecht out to bono like wtf- a 16 year old. And now he did something similar on his knees during elevation this tour. Plus the dancing
Old 07-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Oh man, that backbend over the rail in Hannover.... Will also be giffing his skippy little funk down the catwalk during MW on the 10th. If you have not seen it check it out. He was in the zone ZOO TV style!
Old 07-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #270
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
ARW, be sure to catch the video of him coaching the nervous teenager through guitar on Desire. He was giving him the narrow eye because the kid was distracted Bono and the crowd instead of watching Edge like he should, but he was super sweet to the kid himself, catching his eye, giving encouraging winks and making damn sure the kid was following him for the bridge.
I didn't feel like dealing with the periscope scavenger hunt last night so I just listened to it on mixlr. If you find a video of it post it here.

Quote:
Yes. And the little curls under the hat, I love those too. And you know what? It's not a mirage of the camera: he does in fact have a great body, and he does indeed move very, very well. Will be looking for footage of him dancing by himself on the e-stage during COBL to gif.
He did a dance/spin move right in front of me at Chicago 2 that I captured on video. 18 seconds of heaven. I have it on my phone and FB but I have NO idea how to get it on here.

Quote:
Oh man, that backbend over the rail in Hannover.... Will also be giffing his skippy little funk down the catwalk during MW on the 10th. If you have not seen it check it out. He was in the zone ZOO TV style!
I must see both of these….do you have video links?
Old 07-12-2015, 10:35 AM   #271
ONE
love, blood, life

This one is form Galeongirl she was next to me. Excellent view.

pretty much got this one bookmarked
Old 07-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #272
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Local Time: 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
Both shows were incredible. For personal reasons, Friday night was other worldly for me.

Night 1 I was on the e-stage rail north side. Then I wandered up front for the encore. Last night I had a seat, but through....magic , I wound up on the floor south side. I was out by the e-stage for when Bono came out, then hung back against the RZ rail.
I was with you in spirit, so happy you got the experiences you did

You used that old Pleban charm didn't you

I'm so excited for next week , always wanted to see them in New York and see the city itself
Old 07-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
I was with you in spirit, so happy you got the experiences you did

You used that old Pleban charm didn't you

I'm so excited for next week , always wanted to see them in New York and see the city itself
My charm? Maybe.

I'm so excited for you!

ETA: fitting that post 26,000 comes in my old stomping grounds.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:13 AM   #274
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Quote:
I'm going to have to consider getting a 2nd job if they announce a Dublin show. I saw them 10 years ago in Dublin and thought that was good enough but now I'm thinking I want more! It's so fun seeing them in their hometown. I'm really hoping for another round in the US/Canada. I love to travel to see this band!
Dublin is truly the Holy grail for U2 fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by domo-kun View Post
YEs , I love to combine traveling with seeing them too. Going to Germany and Belgium last tour was a blast.

I wanne see dublin too! one of the things I've been shouting for years. But something always gets in the way for now. Same with California.
But hey.. I'm 23. I only just started earning a normal wage.
Yes You must

I count myself very fortunate to have seen them in Dublin every tour since Popmart and Slane of course , my hubby will kill me if i don't say it's actually in County Meath (where he's from) rather than in Dublin

Quote:
So glad you enjoyed you shows
Old 07-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #275
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
My charm? Maybe.

I'm so excited for you!

ETA: fitting that post 26,000 comes in my old stomping grounds.
Good girl , i taught you well

This will be me come next Sunday =

Yay congratulations on the 26K , you post whore
Old 07-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #276
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
Dublin is truly the Holy grail for U2 fans

Yes You must

I count myself very fortunate to have seen them in Dublin every tour since Popmart and Slane of course , my hubby will kill me if i don't say it's actually in County Meath (where he's from) rather than in Dublin

So glad you enjoyed you shows
Must lose the Dublin virginity then. (what GG calls it)
Old 07-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #277
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh my god wild. Your account anniversary is almost a fact !
Old 07-12-2015, 04:16 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
This one is form Galeongirl she was next to me. Excellent view.

pretty much got this one bookmarked
He secretly loves being a rock and roll sex god.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #279
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Must lose the Dublin virginity then. (what GG calls it)

Quote:
Oh my god wild. Your account anniversary is almost a fact !
I'm a golden oldie
Old 07-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #280
War Child

hi!