PGP: It's time for another thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's definitely a nailbiter tonight, because if Carolina wins this game, then they get the cup. I want Edmonton to win. :) Down to the last minute of regulation now.

Bye Sarah :hug: Congrats!

I hate this picture editor. It won't let me do what I want. I'm just trying to resize the pictures so I can use them as icons. :( Can you make icons in Paint? I wish I had photoshop on this puter. :madwife:

Russty Cat said:
Bye Sarah :hug: Congrats!

I hate this picture editor. It won't let me do what I want. I'm just trying to resize the pictures so I can use them as icons. :( Can you make icons in Paint? I wish I had photoshop on this puter. :madwife:

:lol: What can I do for you Russty? :wink:

Betya Bri can make icons in Paint. She's just that talented. :wink:

Whenever jobob tries to make avatars in Paint, her Paint program snickers at her and makes little dark meaningless squares instead of faces of Bono. :(

Last edited:
I'm a bit of a hockey nut, like a good Canadian girl. :lol: It would have been nicer if my team had been in the playoffs, but Edmonton is okay.

Well, overtime is coming up in a bit. Should be stressful but fun.

I think I get WAY too into the games sometimes. If this were the Canucks playing, I'd be an absolute MESS. :lmao:

ThoraSEB said:
I'm a bit of a hockey nut, like a good Canadian girl. :lol: It would have been nicer if my team had been in the playoffs, but Edmonton is okay.

Well, overtime is coming up in a bit. Should be stressful but fun.

I think I get WAY too into the games sometimes. If this were the Canucks playing, I'd be an absolute MESS. :lmao:

OMG this game is insane!!!!

I'd be just like you had the canucks made it :lol:

Hello to all who are here :wave:

Be back later after the game :hyper::hyper:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: What can I do for you Russty? :wink:

Calgon take me away! :drool: :lol:

I need icons of these:

12367__goo_l.jpg

paint_calculator.jpg

m-needle.jpg

:hugs: :love: :kiss:

:giggle: Thora I use to be the same way with baseball and soccer growing up. Lots of cheering and screaming at the tv. :lol:

Mucca! :hug:

Speaking of sports insanity, a baseball-loving acquaintence of mine was saying last night that if the the Detroit Tigers continue their winning ways into July (they've gone from losers to the top of their division in half a season), "this town will go insane."

Now there's a thought ... :hmm:

Last edited:
Speaking of towns going insane, when Vancouver was playing the NY Rangers for the Cup in 1994, Vancouver was absolutely nuts.

The last game was in NY, and I went to one of our stadiums to watch the game on the big screen. You paid $2, and could sit with all the other fans and watch the game. When we lost the Cup, people just went insane! There were riots and everything.

I'll write more about that in a second, but YAY, EDMONTON WINS!!!!! :hyper:

ThoraSEB said:
Speaking of towns going insane, when Vancouver was playing the NY Rangers for the Cup in 1994, Vancouver was absolutely nuts.

The last game was in NY, and I went to one of our stadiums to watch the game on the big screen. You paid $2, and could sit with all the other fans and watch the game. When we lost the Cup, people just went insane! There were riots and everything.

I'll write more about that in a second, but YAY, EDMONTON WINS!!!!! :hyper:

Oh, yeah, they've done that big-screen thing at the Palace of Auburn Hills for NBA championships. I always wanted to go there and watch games. But (as SG and VP can tell you) it's in the middle of almost nowhere and 30-some miles from my house.

And Thora's team wins! Yay for Thora's team. :wink:

Okay, now I'm calmer, but SO happy that Edmonton won!! :hyper:

As I was saying, I went to watch the game at the stadium, then after it ended, crazy riots broke out. My friend and I thought it would be fun to walk through them. It was kinda scary, but totally thrilling at the same time. People were breaking into stores, trashing things, and just beating the shit out of each other. When my parents found out that we had walked thru the riots they almost killed us! :lol:

What makes it even worse is that a guy died from being shot by a rubber bullet. It was a pretty awful night.

I have a feeling that the next time Vancouver makes it to the finals, the same thing could happen again. Hopefully it would just be happy parades because we win the cup.

Okay, ending the hockey talk for now. :happy:

sami0201 said:
Thora :lol: :hyper: :happy:

OMG did anyone see the Miami Heat game yesterday? :combust:

No, because the Heat beat my town's team a week and a half ago. Not that I remember things like that. :grumpy:

Anyone else notice that grumpy smilie :grumpy: kinda looks like a basketball? :lol:

Thora that is crazy! It's a sad side of human nature that things like that happen. But at the same time, I can understand why you would want to see it first hand - it's not the sort of thing everyone sees in person (thankfully, what a world it would be if that were the case)

Russty :D you're most welcome, I'm happy to help when and how I can

Hi Sami, Mucca! :hug:

Glad your (sorta) team won, Thora :)

I was in Toronto in 92 when the Jays were in Atlanta, playing in the world series. When word went through the crowd (I was leaving a concert at MLG) that they'd won that night (it wasn't the final game, just a win), there was an impromptu parade. That was cool. And I was a HUGE ball fan, then. :)

Last edited:
jobob said:

No, because the Heat beat my town's team a week and a half ago. Not that I remember things like that. :grumpy:

Anyone else notice that grumpy smilie :grumpy: kinda looks like a basketball? :lol:

:lol: I only saw the last few minutes, but it was great.

I want to stay home tomorrow to watch England in the World Cup, even though my aunt has tivo. :reject:

SG - yeah, it's not something I'd really like to experience again. It was pretty scary now that I look back on it. I can't believe how foolish we were, but then again we were just 14. :happy: Thankfully we were away from the area by the time the really crazy stuff started going down.

Back
Top Bottom