Need help! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Need help!

Hello all! I have been reading the posts and watching the pics that you PLEBAns have posted here lately (especially with Larry ) and I assume you have a lot of pics, just like I do... and I was wondering if someone knows about a good programme that can organize your pictures, because I can't manage them anymore. I have a lot of pics and I just don't know how to organize them so I could find them more easily.

Any suggestion and help is very appreciated! Thank you!

P.S. A couple of days ago I have discovered the Moobday threads
Awesome pictures! Oh and tomorrow is going to be a Moobday right?

Old 10-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 11:09 PM
there are programs that do all the work? I didn't know that, I always do it by myself and more than 1200 pics are a lot of work If there is such program I'd be interested as well

Old 10-29-2006, 10:46 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:09 PM
I don't know about programs, but I just organize mine by band member, and by era. Each member gets his own folder, as well as a band folder, for photos of the whole band, or at least two members. I keep my filenames organized by member, era, description. For example "bonojtbwsultry" would be a black and white, Joshua Tree era photo of Bono looking sultry
Most of my pictures are of Bono, and his is the only folder with ultra-organization, for example, his folder gets an extra sub-folder, just for Pop era photos of him (Pop!Bono is my favourite )
Old 10-29-2006, 10:57 AM   #4
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
I don't know about programs, but I just organize mine by band member, and by era. Each member gets his own folder, as well as a band folder, for photos of the whole band, or at least two members. I keep my filenames organized by member, era, description. For example "bonojtbwsultry" would be a black and white, Joshua Tree era photo of Bono looking sultry
Most of my pictures are of Bono, and his is the only folder with ultra-organization, for example, his folder gets an extra sub-folder, just for Pop era photos of him (Pop!Bono is my favourite )
Yeah, that's how I do it as well. the folders of the band members have again two folders described as 'Baby...' and then the name of the member. then a folder for every era and then again for Live Photos, public, screencaps etc. ^^
I dunno how a programm could organize all that stuff
Old 10-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

I think Photobucket is the best you can get with organizing. Needless to say, my Larry folder has at least a thousand more pics than my Bono folder ( ) but like DOL and Dahlia mentioned, it's easier to organize by eras first, then onstage/offstage. events, photosessions, etc.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
Refugee

Babydoll!!!! Where've you been?

sry, off topic
Old 10-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Now I have to get started organizing pictures... It's going to be a really hard work! I think at the end I will be like this

Babydoll: I am in the same situation as you are... Larry all over the place... And from time to time a little Bono, Edge & Adam...

Thanks again for everything!
Old 10-29-2006, 12:15 PM   #8
Refugee

I organised my 18K pics into folders as I went along.
I do eras for Bono and a separate folder for Edge, Adam and Larry. I got loads of pics for 'now' era, so I just give each folder the name of a song, or maybe organise by 'pink shirt' 'purple shirt' pics cos they are my fave

I really need to get out more
Old 10-29-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

I think I have to organize my folders again; I have so many double pictures because I honestly don't know which pictures I already have and which I don't have.
BTW, my favourite folder is the "Bono in purple" folder, because I love him in purple. I have recently added a "Bono in pink" folder. I was actually surprised how well he is wearing his pink shirts.
A little stupid, I know, but colours are important for me ...
Old 10-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:09 PM
Depends on what you mean my organization. A lot of digital camera software comes with programs that allow you to batch name photos and copy them directly into folders as they're being transfered onto the computer. That way, you don't have to go back and sort them and rename them all. That's for photos YOU take though.

I've used batch renaming programs that allow you to rename an entire folder of files at once (like if you had 100 Elevation Bono photos, you'd name them "Elevation Bono" and they'd end up like "Elevation Bono 01" "Elevation Bono 02".....). Just Google for "batch rename freeware".

I used to have over 13,000 photos of Bono from birth-2002 and I kept them sorted by tour/look. It was too much work having that many, so I stopped in 2002 and now just save high quality versions of my favorite few.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #11
Everything happens so much

Local Time: 09:09 AM
I wish there was a program to organise! My rather modest 5000 or so pics are organised into 12 folders (Bono, Edge, Larry, Dallas etc..) and then in each of those there are subfolders by era. Works ok for me, although my Edge folder is huge and occasionally unmanageable

striving for mediocrity in a world of excellence
Old 10-30-2006, 11:53 AM   #12
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Local Time: 02:09 PM
^^Oh God Im on my second PB account and still organizing pics..I have a lot of temp folders that I just dump pics in and thn organize them when I get a chance...Its fun though