Napster for Dummies (like SD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
So...I'm trying out my spiffy new 7-day trial at Napster, and was all set to burn my first Test CD. And it's saying it's going to make me pay!! ??? How is that a FREE trial?

Anyone know how this works? The fine print? I browsed and browsed their site, and didn't see anything helpful. *sigh*

Thanks ladies!

Cheryl

I am a napster dummy :der: I have never downloaded or burned a song in my life. Some people have made fun of me for not being up on all the hip new songs and indy stuff, but I just don't do the song thing. There are a lot of experts here, if you don't get any answers here try lemonade stand or Bang and Clatter. Those people are online music fanatics! (but I'm sure we must have some here too!)

I use itunes.

My only idea on why they are making you pay is if you tried burning the cds after the 7day free trial period? :huh: I have no idea how Napster is running things now, though. I assume if an MP3 is downloaded you can do whatever you want with it, burn it, delete it, upload it, etc. Unless Napster lets you access it but not really download it? :huh:

sorry i'm not much help!

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
Those people are online music fanatics! (but I'm sure we must have some here too!)

you rang? :reject: :laugh:

Napster :madspit:

The regular plan only lets you download and listen to the songs on up to 3 computers (and then only while you're still a Napster member. They self destruct with DRM when you stop paying). Anyway, if you want to actually keep and burn a song you have to purchase them individually. I think it's like a buck a track. :madspit:

Sorry I'm just :censored: because I think their advertising is very deceptive about this.

Last edited:
I use itunes as well - the site is easy to use - it works well with a PC and Mac (duh) and has some exculsives that other stores do not - I also have a sneaky feeling that when the new u2 album is released itunes will have some nifty exculsives as well as some rare(r) songs available

Same here, I've heard many rumors flying about U2 releasing stuff to iTunes in the future. The first full album I bought on iTunes was the last Strokes album because they released it to iTunes like 2 weeks early. It would be really great if U2 did this too. :hmm: :dance:

I think they're releasing new live material to iTunes too?

Last edited:
Thanks so much ladies! :up:

LivLuv, I'll check out SoulSeek. Way to live up to your name. ;)
Thanks for the advice.

I guess I'm not the only one who has had this problem with Napster. :D Seems like you can playlist a song, but not burn it?
:sigh:

I appreciate it!!

Cheryl

Sherry Darling said:
Thanks so much ladies! :up:

LivLuv, I'll check out SoulSeek. Way to live up to your name. ;)
Thanks for the advice.

I guess I'm not the only one who has had this problem with Napster. :D Seems like you can playlist a song, but not burn it?
:sigh:

I appreciate it!!

Cheryl

If you're not interested in paying, it's probably best to use a client like SoulSeek (better than Kazaa b/c it's 1) legal 2) no ads) and burn the CDs with something else ike Windows Media Player or whatever your burner comes with. I'd rather pay money for a good CD software like Nero or EasyCD and not pay to download the songs.

Back
Top Bottom