My meeting with Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Well, it happened! :) :dance: :hyper:

Bono was done testifying at the Senate hearing. He gave a terrific testimony, drawing great links between debt, trade, AIDS and stoopid :censored: drug companies. He stood up to leave, and I went up, shook his hand and said, "Thank you so much!" He smiled and said something like, "Allright" or "Welcome" or something and was then wisked off. It was amazing to spend that much time in his presence, listening to him speak on poverty. This man knows his stuff. He was asked tough questions, and answered well. I was re-inspired. :angel: And I got to touch his hand!!!!!!!!! :) :) I wasn't about to ask for his autograph or a picture or anything at a Senate hearing, but it was lovely to meet the Man Himself! :faint:

SD

Sherry,

Did Bono approve of the protesters that disrupted the hearing?

He has worked so hard to garner co-operation from the drug companies that I can't figure it out.

He looked perturbed by the protesters in the pics I've seen.

What do you think?

And, congratulations of finally meeting him! You are one of those of us out here who have taken Bono's example of social activism to your own heart and put it into concrete actions for GOOD for the millions of the world's poorest people. :yes: :up: :hug:

Bono recognized the goodness in your heart when he saw you and responded to that genuinely in his Heart. :angel:

I know - I have had a few brief Bono moments and they are THRILLING and MOTIVATIONAL!:love:

Please give us some more input from today's activities in the Senate - I think we would ALL love to hear.

NOW GO TAKE YOUR BONO MOMENT AND SPREAD ITS GOODNESS TO THE WORLD!:bono: :heart: :heart: :wave:

I'm really pleased for you that you finally did it!!

It doesnt matter how brief its still very special!

You made contact, I knew it! Congratulations! :up: :hug:

Please tell us more about the day!

:D I'm so happy for you Sherry! I've been re-inspired just reading his interviews/speechs - I can't imagine what hearing him in person and shaking his hand must do!

I so admire you for all the hard work you do to bring justice to Africa! You rock!

Thanks ladies! It was a special .07 of a second. ;)

Okay, details. Well, his hand is soft. He was wearing a dark suit and of course the Blue Shades. He's tiny!! :cute: :heart: I wasn't expecting that. Being 5 feet nothing in Ali Shoes myself, I found that kinda hot. :shifty: He was wearing big black shoes (not quite boots, but think soled). He's attentive at all times. I thought that was very sweet. When DATA spokeswomen Agnes (the nurse from Uganda) was speaking, he was rapt. He was asked some hard questions, and answered them well. I love that his vision is long term, since that's something that doesn't come naturally, shall we say, to the average politician. He gently and subtly rebuked Tobias, the Bush guy who is, I feel, defending the right of drug companies to keep generics off the market. :down: He's absolutely non-partisan. His call is a brilliant mix of head and heart. His charm is lethal--those eyebrows and that smile. He makes fun of himself, a rick rock star speaking out for the poor, at every opportunity. :p He was kind enough to sign some autographs before being wisked off by his staff, and spoke for a moment to a man who had AIDS and adores Bono to death for his advocacy.

Jamila, I couldn't say about the protestors. I have no idea what he thinks, and wouldn't presume to speculate. I agree with them, personally, though I am not sure what I think they accomplished by getting kicked out of the hearing. Perhaps they got it some attention. Hard to say. :shrug: They're young and passionate, though, I'm inclined to not be too harsh. LOL. I think there's a place for what Bono's doing in the Senate chambers, and a place for taking it to the streets.

Thanks again all! It feels great to have met the Man!

(Heads up, Bruce, you're next. :D )

SD

Thanks for sharing, Sherry! I'm happy for you.

I like the way you use to describe things!! And I'm completely with you on your thought on the protestors -- but maybe they thougth that was the easiest way to capture attention!

It's great to know Bono keeps on being so concentrated on what he does!

Do you remember some of the questions he was asked?

Congratulations Sherry....I'm so thrilled for you....it's absolutely brilliant to learn of other fans meeting Bono...and as the law of averages goes....I don't think we're quite finished yet....I wish everone here the same good fortune as Sherry..again congratulations!!! I bet you're still coming to terms with what happened!!! I know I was it's an amazing thing to happen.

Thanks ladies! :) :) I'm still loving it. I had no idea this would happen, but it makes pics of him more special for some reason. :heart:

SD

Thanks you two! Wow, this thread was revived. LOL. I appreciate it. It was lovely. His hands are very very soft.

Anyway, thanks! I hope you've both sent your Angels letter? :D :angel: Our new webmistress (who I will reveal soon--stay tuned :up: ) is adding Angels as we speak! :hyper: We're almost at 100 I think!!! :dance:

SD

Sherry - Yikes, I'm just reading this news of yours now. How great! I'm so happy for you. Do you know if there is a transcript of Bono's testimony?

Always yours and Bono's Angel.:angel:

-Lori

hotpepper - the DATA website (www.data.org) has a transcript of Bono's complete testimony before the Senate subcommittee.:wink:

Just look under the section where it says to watch the video of Bono's appearance and there should still be a link to the transcript.

:yes:

Thanks SO MUCH for your interest in what Bono has to SAY, instead of just how he LOOKS. (although he DOES LOOK FINE)
:up: :angel: :hug:

PEACE AND LOVE...WITH JUSTICE!:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

yes!

Sherry Darling said:
Thanks ladies! It was a special .07 of a second. ;)

(Heads up, Bruce, you're next. :D )

SD

oh, SD, IF I had KNOWN that Bruce was going to be doing inductee stuff for thr R&R Hall of Fame this past ?? was it April? or early May....I'd of stood outside of the Waldorf Hotel Myself!!! :heart: :drool:

But I didn't find out till the next night's TV news!! :scream: :grumpy: :grumpy:

good luck!

:shocked: :hyper: :hug: HOTPEPPER!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, girl! Great to "see" ya again! You really are an :angel: One of the first. :hug: Thanks!

And dazzled, shout it with me, girl. BROOOOOCE! :drool:

SD

Back
Top Bottom