MPH/One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Fiddler

The Fly
Has Bono lost interest in this, I notice in recent pictures he doesn't appear to be wearing his white wristband.

Here http ://forum.interference.com/t147351.html

It won't let me make a link because I haven't enough posts yet :huh:

I rarely wear mine. My cats take off with it and I forget about it for a week or so. Damn me to hell :reject:

I try to wear it when it counts though. For example, I wore it to jury duty and the other jurors asked what it meant, so I had the opportunity to explain One/MPH to them. I also wore it to a fancy named-scholarship dinner and the people at my table asked and also got to hear my spiel.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I rarely wear mine. My cats take off with it and I forget about it for a week or so. Damn me to hell :reject:

My cat's hair sticks to mine :reject:

btw, the bracelet was back on the other night in Montreal. Maybe he left it by the shower in NY? Maybe he has a cat in his NY apartment that also likes to take off with it :shifty: :giggle:.

Last edited:
If it weighs less than a pound and is not secured down, my cats will take it. They also rip all my jewelry out of the container and spread it around to get my attention. Or Beckham knocks everything off my ledge or my desk. Last night he was hungry and I was ignoring him, so he went on my desk (which he knows is not allowed) and I heard this sliding sound....he was pushing my incense tray (which is full of ashes right now) off the side! jerk :rolleyes:

I guess my other excuse is this - I go to a smaller, Christian, liberal arts college so everyone else here already has them and is into the whole social justice thing, so it's not a conversation starter like it is in public or non-school/work events.

kellyahern said:

My cat's hair sticks to mine :reject:

btw, the bracelet was back on the other night in Montreal. .

:yes: I was just about to say that:happy: I noticed it and then I remember I meant to get one....and forgot again:|

i have four on now. i took them off at thanksgiving because i was chopping carrots to make stuffed mushrooms and it turned orange. :huh: i had to leave them to soak in ajax and water.
so a warning to all concerned: take off your one/mph bracelets when chopping carrots!

maybe bono was chopping carrots.:D

yes Bono is, tootty86.

I really don't think that anyone has to worry about Bono's dedication to the ONE Campaign - especially when he talks about it at every concert and there are ONE booths at every concert.

What we should be worried about is the 7000 people who die EVERY DAY unnecessarily from AIDS due to their extreme poverty. :(

7000 people dying every day in Africa from AIDS due to their extreme poverty. :sad:

I feel the same way, The Fiddler.

That's about three and one half MILLION people every year.

:eyebrow:

thank you, The Fiddler.

And that number is just the people in Africa who die of AIDS.

When you add the millions more who die yearly from hunger, malaria, TB, dirty water, etc., the numbers of people dying in Africa from TOTALLY PREVENTABLE CAUSES must top at least FIVE MILLION a year!

See why Bono is so p*ssed?

So am I. Glad to know you are too, The Fiddler.:up:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I guess my other excuse is this - I go to a smaller, Christian, liberal arts college so everyone else here already has them and is into the whole social justice thing, so it's not a conversation starter like it is in public or non-school/work events.

Are you in Idaho? There's a school that fits this description and there are some rabid U2 fans there!

Please, its A Race Against Time, its Out Of Control, we need to Save The Children, all they want is the Crumbs From Your Table

Back
Top Bottom