Live 8 Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He looked better "live" than in the photos. Something about seeing him live, lots better than the photos!!

I woke up at 11:00 to turn MTV on and was lucky enough to catch U2 and Paul McCartney do "Sgt. Peppers." Great, great.

Only showed Bono & McCartney, a pan of the stage where you got to see Edge, Bono & McCartney, an overhead shot of Larry drumming, NO ADAM!!!

This MTV stuff is really crap. Commercials, mindless VJ's yakking and not showing the artists.

Hope ABC has a better show tonight!

4f852690.jpg

74a1e9ef.jpg

d07459af.jpg

:drool:

WildHoney said:

:scream:

That would be my worst nightmare :ohmy:

The thing is that I had a really bad night, I didn;t get a wink of sleep. My boyfriend dislocated his arm yesterday so I kept waking up to check if he was alright and give him his painkillers.

:huh:

Ah well, Im sure I'll be able to download it later.

Niamh_Saoirse said:

The thing is that I had a really bad night, I didn;t get a wink of sleep. My boyfriend dislocated his arm yesterday so I kept waking up to check if he was alright and give him his painkillers.

:huh:

Ah well, Im sure I'll be able to download it later.

Ouch! Hope he's okay. I know that really hurts. My hip dislocated a few years ago as I was walking to the playground to find a student.

They're bound to repeat the concert on regular channels. Over there they usually re-run the highlights so we should get another chance to see U2. They did 3 songs altogether. I was wondering if they'll organise a link up from their show in Vienna tonight...mebbee, it is possible I suppose. It won't be the same at the end if U2, Coldplay and Elton John can't join them in the line up seeing as they're all gonna be some place else. We'll just hafta wait I guess. Meantime, I'm gonna be floating in that 'smutty dream state' for a couple days now, cos, yeah, our boys looked delicious.

BTW, just been to our local park where the council have put on a huge video screen for anyone who wants to go along - it'll hold about 5000. And you know, for the age of our fine blokes, the blokes in the audience -most half of them half U2's age didn't look a patch as good as the band....Yeah...:drool: U2 certainly keep themselves in good shape...:drool: :drool:

verte76 said:
U2 had already played when I woke up in the States! :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I feel your pain! How early was it? I wanted to see it so bad! :scream:

What songs did they do? Can we get copies of it?

Thanks for all the pics everyone!

They played
Beautiful Day, Vertigo, One & Unchained Melody
after they opened with Paul McCartney and "Sgt. Pepper's.."

Bono's speech was great; really emotional!

Last edited:
Thanks for the song list, I hope I get to see and hear it sometime :sad:

Back
Top Bottom