Larry at Sturgis??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I wonder......seeing that photo of him with his "Hog". I heard him speak in an interview about going around Ireland with a "bike group", so I wonder...all those celebrities who travel to the rally in Sturgis each year, I wonder if Larry ever was one of them?
Although....he seems a little too "clean cut" for that type of thing, but you never know....I'm going to see what I can find.

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

I thought about that too- I've been to Sturgis twice. The first time I went, we were headed for Mt. Rushmore and had NO idea what the Sturgis Rally was or how many bikes would be on the road- they were literally everywhere, and there were no hotels. We had to sleep in the car, really! The second time I got there ahead of time and got a room. Didn't see the rally but lots of bikes at the Wall Drugstore!

Traveling in that direction, you will pass hundreds if not thousands of bikers. As you watch them go by, you notice that hardy any of them wear helmets, so you could see their faces really well. I'd just keel over if I saw Larry, I might follow him, though he'd just tell me to FOAD I bet. I would take a pic and post it here though.

I really don't think the celebrities take the chance of the long road trip on the bike. They are probably among what I call the 'lazy' bikers, the ones who ride a big fancy truck or van and pull the bike behind them on a trailer for when they get there. With all Larry's money he might even just fly in and have his bike shipped or ridden by someone else, but would he trust them?

Being he is the big Harley fan, I have to believe he's been there at least once, it is 'hog heaven'
wink.gif

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

My dad used to go to Sturgis every year. I don't know if I see Larry 'meshing' (heh, mesh) if you will with that croud. However, that croud probably has a. no clue who Larry is and b. if they do, they probably wouldn't care too much.

That would be awesome if he has gone or will go though~~then I can say Larry's been to South Dakota, and that just makes it cooler.
wink.gif

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Lilly are you from South Dakota? I love the Dakotas, and hope to go again this year. Nice landscape and interesting scenery.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

Back
Top Bottom