is anybody else having trouble with Boomspeed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
For 2 days now, all my pics are red x and I can't even get the site to open. I sure hope it hasn't vanished. Anybody hear anything?

I can't load anything on the boomspeed.com domain either and when I try to ping it, it times out. Sorry, that sucks :(

Last edited:
Thanks, I hope it's not dead for good, if they are I want my money back! This is a long time to be gone, I'm worried.

:uhoh: Um.... I was finally able to log in to my boomspeed, but there are no pics in my account. :|

All my pics are gone.... my account is empty.

:rant:

Has this happened to anyone else???

Me too Erised :sad:

Know what else makes me mad? Their support forums are gone! WTF happened? I had HUNDREDS of pics on there that were on my old computer that died. If they lost all my pics I am not paying them one more cent. I was only paying to keep it because it had all my pics in it. I am furious but very sad too :sad:

The least they could do is explain what happened and offer us some kind of refund! :mad:

Again, everyone, the lesson is there: your pics are NEVER safe online. You have to keep them on your computer and just hope it doesn't die like mine and some other people's have. Keep them on backup disc if you can (I never knew how)

So many people always delete their pics once they've uploaded them, but they are NEVER safe. Sites go down, delete pics, have server crashes. Me and Erised were paying monthly for this, so that's much worse than when snapfish does it. They had our money! NO site or service is EVER safe, you can never count on it :sad:

I have all my pics on CDs... i would NEVER have them only online. I'm just mad that I may have to upload them ALL again. :|

After I posted my message, I read something on their forums that all the pics *should* be back but it may take a while to refresh them or something, so I guess we have to wait and see.

Thanks u2granny, thanks Erised!

I don't know how to put pics on discs and now it's too late. I'm glad y'all save yours, but I have seen way too many sad stories since I've been here of people who thought they could delete them after they uploaded them and then a site went down and they lost them all.:(

Erised, do you have a link to their forums? I couldn't find them. I sure hope they will come back, but it doesn't look good I don't think :slant: :grumpy:

oh my god!!!!! :ohmy: all my pictures are gone!!!! i had hundreds of pictures saved on Boomspeed:mad: I have them all saved on disks but damn, the thought of uploading all my pics again:huh:

Last edited:
this is what i found on the support forum:

"Boomspeed is now live and serving files again after a very rare
outage. Boomspeed has never been down for more than just a few contiguous hours
in the last several years. Problems are prepared for long in advance and that
is why Boomspeed -IS- most certainly reliable.

Some people may see that they are not able to log in. Please just wait a
while and keep checking back. It could be from a few minutes to a few hours
to login to your web interface. However if you need to upload files FTP is online
for everyone.

Some people may not see all of their files yet. Nothing was lost and all files are
being automatically restored into your account. This could take from a few hours
to a few days, so if you want to upload without waiting, you can. Otherwise all of
your files will begin to appear by themselves. The restore process will not overwrite files that you upload. "

I just checked Boomspeed and my pictures are still missing. But i did find this:

"The restore is up to username 'chimchim' and is going alphabetically.

William "

It looks like the pictures are being restored alphabetically so i'll have to wait a while since my boomspeed username starts with S

you guys that have boomspeed maybe you can check every once and a while to see if your pictures are back and then announce it here.

Last edited:
Gosh, I hope they come back and you get your pix back! I'd scream if Snapfish just bit the dust on me! You're right, U2Kitten, you really need to keep your pix on your hard disk drive, and also put them on disk in case your hard disk crashes or something. I had a disk crash in April due to a virus and it was not fun. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I can't believe this, I would be so mad if I used Boomspeed. :mad: I hope they get them all restored for you girls.

Ugh, I'm gonna go burn a backup of my pics right now. I keep my bootlegs and videos burned to DVDs (the last backup took 7 DVDs :crazy: ) but I never thought to do the pics. :|

That's good news, Erised! :happy: Now we all have hope! I'm a K, no luck so far....:sigh:

Damn, now I can't get the site at all, and your sig is gone! :banghead: :(

-EDIT: and now your sig is back- and I can sign in and it says all my stuff is there but the pics are still red x :sad: :sigh:

testing:

bonoabpose.jpg

EDIT again: Okay it worked! :hyper: :happy:

But stuff I have posted on another site still won't show back up :eyebrow:

Last edited:
I'm sure it's coming :hug: since you're an S it's taking a longer time :sigh:

I still don't have everything- I checked the things that were not showing up on my other board (not U2 related) and they were still red x- I checked my list, which is very long, and they weren't there! It's like the most recent uploads vanished or haven't been found yet, anyone else have this happen?

U2Kitten said:

It's like the most recent uploads vanished or haven't been found yet, anyone else have this happen?

I think I read something about that... people complaining their most recent uploads were gone... I haven't uploaded anything to my account for awhile, so I really haven't noticed. I don't know if the boomspeed peeps ever addressed the 'newest uploads' concern... I'd have to check the board again.

I have no pictures yet:( this is what they said about "s"

"They are in the process of doing the "R"'s now. Greg has said that R-S-T will take the longest but feels that they will be through them tonight. I'm a "P" and all of my files...and every last detail of my website (8 pages) have been restored. "

I'm sorry Esther :( :hug:

I think those letters are probably the most common (weren't they usually picked on Wheel of Fortune?) and so there are probably a lot more people and a lot more images to upload from that group.

It sucks.... but hang in there!!!!! :hug:

erised said:

I think I read something about that... people complaining their most recent uploads were gone... I haven't uploaded anything to my account for awhile, so I really haven't noticed. I don't know if the boomspeed peeps ever addressed the 'newest uploads' concern... I'd have to check the board again.

Thanks, at least I know it wasn't just me. I don't even remember what the newest ones were, but the good thing is they are all on my new computer so hopefully I got back everything I lost on the old one. Keep us updated, I can't get into their forums:huh:

Good luck Esther, I hope you will have pics soon:)

Wow, even stuff you deleted? I'm glad you got them all back! :happy: :up:

They did right by us after all :yes:

Back
Top Bottom