I'm in Dublin for 2 days...I need info on trying to meet the band, please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I stayed at the Clarence my last night in Dublin (sad sad night) and I saw loads of tour groups and tourists coming round and checking the place out. The bar was always packed and they had to close it a few times to give the bartenders a chance to catch up, etc. With this bit of info I really doubted that he would hang around there, as all these people would go bonkers if he was around and it would get more hectic. I think like many they leave during july and august to get away from the tourists.

Fille Friday said:
I stayed at the Clarence my last night in Dublin (sad sad night) and I saw loads of tour groups and tourists coming round and checking the place out. The bar was always packed and they had to close it a few times to give the bartenders a chance to catch up, etc. With this bit of info I really doubted that he would hang around there, as all these people would go bonkers if he was around and it would get more hectic. I think like many they leave during july and august to get away from the tourists.

True, but sometimes they close the hotel down to ocassional drinkers/fans/tourists so the band can have private parties and stuff.

And yeah, they prolly won't be in town for a while.

Bono was in The Clarence on the Sunday between the Croke Park gigs he left around 1.30!
My friend was sat in the Octagon Bar at the time!!:huh:

If I'm not mistaken, the last european gig is Portugal, mid-august. You should be able to find the exact date in the Tour Schedule-forum.

Good luck!

uwwedoogie said:
I'll be here then... do ya think they'll come back to Dublin for the break or to France?

I thought the Hewson family always took part of august in Eze... don't know about the rest of them tho.

I think they'll spend the break between 2nd and 3rd leg in France AND Dublin as they all have lots of family and friends living here.

Back
Top Bottom