If Brittany Spears is a slut...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenStar

Refugee
Can men be sluts too? If a slut is someone who wears revealing clothes then couldn't guys be sluts too? If that is true I honestly think alot of guys are. Don't get too upset but that means the some of the members in U2 are sluts too. But I don't think being a slut is bad at all. If you don't like looking a Brittany Spears then don't. My point is that women disliking people who dress like that are a little hypocritical. Why? Almost all the women I know (including me) enjoy looking at good lokking men wearing next to nothing. So why is it okay for men to dress like that but not women? This is really a good question for people who think Brittany Spears is a slut and..lets say...a certain member of U2 that doesn't seem to like clothes that much isn't.
PS- I don't think anyone is a slut-If you want to show it of thats good, If I didn't like it I wouldn't look.
PPS- I like the fact that Adam doesnt like wearing clothes that often-more fun for the rest of us!

------------------
Please,
Evil
Acts
Can
End

Society's hypocritical, yeah.

What bothers me about Brit is that she dresses and dances like she does and then talks about virginity so positively and then claims to not know what the contradiction is.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by On The Edge:
Society's hypocritical, yeah.

What bothers me about Brit is that she dresses and dances like she does and then talks about virginity so positively and then claims to not know what the contradiction is.

What really bugs me is when she thinks we al look at her like she is innocent

------------------
Please,
Evil
Acts
Can
End

And then she blames it all on the fact that she's still trying to find out who she is... remember, she's not a girl, not yet a woman.

Yeah, right. She knows who she is and what she has to do to make an extra buck off the 13-year-old pubescents and 40-year-old businessmen of the world...

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

I just don't like her music (or Nsync's or Backstreet's). It all sounds the same to me IMO.

Originally posted by RavenStar:
Can men be sluts too?

*Scott signal*
There's an off topic forum, too. Well maybe this could be relevant. *fanfic*
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona

The Man Corral

Originally posted by WildHonee:
*Scott signal*

I was waiting for his name to pop up in this topic...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 02-12-2002).]

Originally posted by RavenStar:
slut and..lets say...a certain member of U2 that doesn't seem to like clothes that much isn't.
PPS- I like the fact that Adam doesnt like wearing clothes that often-more fun for the rest of us!

i detect a new member of RSOC....

HEY there ravenstar....

where are the PANTS for chrissake?!?!!?!

*Leaps onto PLEBA*

Someone call for a MAN-SLUT?!!?

Well, I'M HERE!!! ADORE ME!!! LOVE ME!!! SMOTHER ME IN WHIPPED CREAM AND JELLO AND LICK ME!!!!!

Em...*cough*

*runs*

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA
Only $0.65 each!!!

He's prettier than you think...

Scottphisto vending machines. Now everywhere inside the famous PLEBA Mansion, fullfilling all your Scottphisto needs!

I'm just some fruitcake who thinks he's a pimp.

Voted Most Likely To Be Responsible For Unexplained Disappearances Of Women's Clothing

To be honest, Britney, whatever she does or says, does not bother me........at least shes not cold toward u like Christina, who, as most critics say, has the better voice..................and we all know personality is more important..............though in the Big States image is a 99% major...........
smile.gif

glad I dont live there then......
tongue.gif

Originally posted by elizabeth:
i detect a new member of RSOC....

HEY there ravenstar....

where are the PANTS for chrissake?!?!!?!

I cann't find the pants! I asked the answer guy if he had a map of Rathfarnham(I thought they might be there) and he said Adam took it and won't give it back! To tell the truth, I have a pair like Adam's red camo pants, cept their shades of green,, not red.

------------------
Please,
Evil
Acts
Can
End

courtney love was talkin bout this on hole msg board someone started a thread sayin is courtney a slut and courtney answerd sayin that she is and shes proud and shes flatterd by bein called a slut cause really she sees it as bein a stud,
cause if a mans a slut, really he gets called a stud which is a good thing so thats how she sees herself as a stud

I really hate the word 'slut'.......stud is a fecking more softer word......in fact in todays world a woman is stripped bare completely and called names more so than a guy is.............to me guys still have that 20% more decency whereas a woman has no more decency left,,,,,,not by a woman, but by a man.........man turned woman into an undecent unrespected human..........and its not on........its too 'shoved out there in the world now' to be taken back............youve only to look at a lot of films now.......basically men enjoy makin women look like idiots.....

I hope u all know what i mean.......

It's a stupid society thing. I really hate it even though it doesn't affect me personally. It's like I could sleep with 30 women (if only...*sigh*) and I'm hailed as a king. A woman sleeps with 30 guys, she's a slut. It doesn't make sense. I have a theory that you can sleep with as many people as you want, but if you ACT slutty, then yer a slut. Some of the sluttiest girls I've known have been virgins. Honest. And some of the more wholesome women I've met have slept with more guys than Traci Lords.

Feckin' society. I figure, do what makes ya feel good, and who cares what people think of you? If your friends think badly of you, then they're not yer friends.

*Gets down off soapbox*

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA
Only $0.65 each!!!

Scottphisto vending machines. Now everywhere inside the famous PLEBA Mansion, fullfilling all your Scottphisto needs!

Voted Most Likely To Be Responsible For Unexplained Disappearances Of Women's Clothing

Originally posted by Scottphisto:
It's a stupid society thing. I really hate it even though it doesn't affect me personally. It's like I could sleep with 30 women (if only...*sigh*) and I'm hailed as a king. A woman sleeps with 30 guys, she's a slut. It doesn't make sense. I have a theory that you can sleep with as many people as you want, but if you ACT slutty, then yer a slut. Some of the sluttiest girls I've known have been virgins. Honest. And some of the more wholesome women I've met have slept with more guys than Traci Lords.

Feckin' society. I figure, do what makes ya feel good, and who cares what people think of you? If your friends think badly of you, then they're not yer friends.

*Gets down off soapbox*

*Bows in humble reverance at this enlightened viewpoint.*

*raises glass to Scottphisto*

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*

I don't thin it's so much what you wear, but how you act. Look at Brittney's video--groping arouind in skimpy clothes, clutching at herself, having ppl grab her.

At the same time, men are sluts too. Ie- Sisqo, and a whole stream of others. Unfortunately, it's seen as more 'okay' in today's society for men to be sluts...they're just 'men, getting what they want...'

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
I don't thin it's so much what you wear, but how you act. Look at Brittney's video--groping arouind in skimpy clothes, clutching at herself, having ppl grab her.

Keep in mind that the artist only has so much say in what goes into the video. That is to say, they HAVE no say. The director listens to the song and comes up with the concept.

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA
Only $0.65 each!!!

It's like I could sleep with 30 women (if only...*sigh*) and I'm hailed as a king.
I think this also is a bit of a stereotype

if you would sleep with 30 women you wouldn't be hailed as a king
only a small percentage of men would think you're cool

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
It's like I could sleep with 30 women (if only...*sigh*) and I'm hailed as a king.
I think this also is a bit of a stereotype

if you would sleep with 30 women you wouldn't be hailed as a king
only a small percentage of men would think you're cool

*sigh*
Salome, I was exaggerating.

My POINT is that if you tell a guy you've just nailed the entire cheerleading squad, they're gonna be like "right on", where as if a girl tells her friends that she's just pounced on the entire football team, she's gonna be looked at like a slut.

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA
Only $0.65 each!!!

[This message has been edited by Scottphisto (edited 02-14-2002).]

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
yes, but that would be a manwhore.

Did someone call?

------------------
ScottPhisto
The Man-Slut of PLEBA
Only $0.65 each!!!

Back
Top Bottom