I was bored. So I drew a picture...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, especially the eyes and nose. Very cool, I do a bit of drawing myself. More of R.E.M. Than U2 but I promise to do more of the lads.

But my word that is an absolute amazing picture!!!!

lovebono said:
Vicky!:ohmy:

Damn girl, you never told me you could DRAW!:sexywink: :shifty:

Well, I've got my secrets :sexywink: Look who's talking, you got some good ones yourself girl, post away!!! :wink:

Hey GeneralGripweed, (funny nickname, btw :giggle: ) it's so hard painting with a brush!!... that Edge pic looks TERRIFFIC!!!! :shocked:

VicksSs said:
Hey GeneralGripweed, (funny nickname, btw :giggle: ) it's so hard painting with a brush!!... that Edge pic looks TERRIFFIC!!!! :shocked:

Why's my name funny? :mad: :wink: :happy:
I got it from John Lennon's character in the movie How I Won the War. I couldn't figure out if it was Private Gripweed, Major Gripweed or General Gripweed so I just picked the more melodic one and have been using it ever since. I use that and Macca Ma Belle (Macca= Paul McCartney's nickname, ma belle = my beautiful in French used in the song Michelle) as user names all over the place. [/pointless rant]

And thank you!

Last edited:
Here's my final painting. It's almost done. Except for blending and I couldn't decide on a background. So Edge is posing for the camera while King Kong takes over New York. :D

edgepainting1.jpg

I feel kind of sad now that I have nothing left to offer! :sad: I guess that means one thing. I MUST CREATE MORE!!! Just keep this thread going so that when I have something in a couple of weeks or so, I don't feel dumb posting in a month old thread. Okay?

Last edited:
Ikkin said:
Gripweed your paintings are beautiful! I also know what you mean about starting one thing then never finishing it because you've gone and started another! I have a few pics were B's only got half a face .

-Nikki

Thanks a lot! And yes. I have lots of papers with just noses or eyes or hair on them. It's actually quite amusing to look at. :lol:

I'm too lazy to sign in my pb account right now, so you'll have to squint at my alter's itty bitty lil avatar.

There are some amazing pieces here, and such talent.
Great job guys. :applaud: Plebans clearly make great artistes! (course, we've got great subjects ;))

~Bri

wow that edge one is cool, king kong :lmao:
hm.. it's starting to itch here too,... maybe I'll start drawing the Bono pic I have as a poster.. he looks very cute in that one.. but I'm afraid I'll quit before I finish.. like I have done the past two/three times..

WOW! I love them there paintings. And U2 need to get a new bassist, cus this one's too hard to draw!! Well, I managed it in the end. I've completely finished the Bono one (that started this thread that now holds so many gerrate pieces of art) and I've finished a Larry one. And I started a group one today. I have done Adam and Bono. It's during '91, so Bono is the Fly with real dark shades. :D Me Lars one I don't think is that great. I might have to work on that one. I'll get it scanned as soon as possible, sometime tonight.

:hyper: Whoa K, I cannot wait to see you Adam picture. I know how hard it is to draw him so I am really proud of you for giving it a go!:hyper:

SimplyConfused said:

Unfinished U2:

U21.jpg

I will get 'em done. Sometime...

I really like Adam in this one! It looks just like him!
All you guys are so good, I loved all of them, the Edge lion and the paper pieces, and the drawings... maybe I should dust off my pencils too.

That pic looks so awesome right now!!! I bet its gonna be out of this world when its finished. Your drawings are supercool!

Thanks for sharing tham with us, and don't stop!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom