I want the boys to hang on my wall properly....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
Anyways ladies, this is U2 related, just in a weird way...
So I ordered posters after christmas from pushposters.com (awesome company) and two of them were "normal" poster size. I had those framed without any problems...but I also ordered the huge album cover poster (I think it's 4 feet by 5 feet), it was so outrageously cheap, I had to...
It is still in the tube it came in...it's freakin' huge. I can't buy a frame that big in any "normal" store, I could have one made, but it would cost between $180-500!!!
I don't really want to poke holes in it...it's really nice, plus I don't think one pushpin in each corner would actually hold it...it's pretty heavy.
My sister says to "quit being psycho" and poke holes in it...but there has to be another option. Whenever I put up posters when I was little, I didn't care about pin holes...but I do with this poster.
What I'm trying to ask...should I
1. Shut up and poke holes in it, hoping the poster won't tear from the weight and fall off the wall...
2. Bite the big one and have it framed
3. _____________(your opinion here)

Thanks

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

Can you put masking-tape at the back of the poster?
You could stick it to the wall... Well I dunno if the quality of the paper is good but I would do that
biggrin.gif

hippy's solution:

I have my poster's laminated (it's pretty cheap) and then I hang them on the wall with duct tape in rolls on the back so it's nice and hidden. It works well and the posters look great on my wall
smile.gif

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Hippy....laminated,such a simple yet briilant idea !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Although most of my poster were ruined long ago....with pushpin holes !!!
Maybe I'll get a nice new one ....
wink.gif

I had three of four of my walls in my bedroom covered with pictures put up with duct tape... problem is, it leaveth marks on your walls after a few years. Well, my walls at least.
Krisite's Solution: STICKY TACK!! Or those two sided adhesive things, just get a whole freakin' lot of them.
But duct tape does stick very well!

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Kinkos said it's $4 per square foot(for laminating).....
if the poster is approximately 4 feet by 5 feet...
I don't remember how to calculate square feet
redface.gif
*very embarassed*
redface.gif

I think it will cost a bit.....

4 X 5= 20 X 4= $80
eek.gif

Geez...maybe there is some other place that will do it...like Office Depot or Office Max...Kinkos tends to be on the expensive side...

Note: I just willingly did math for the first time in about 4 years
biggrin.gif
*pats self on back*

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Hippy-thanks for the math girl...how embarassing
redface.gif
I think I will call around.
After all, the poster was only $15...

Update: The poster still remains in the tube. I've been calling around about laminating...no place(so far)besides Kinkos can do anything that big....
Kristie, I love sticky tack...have it all over. The problem is, this poster(because it's so huge)is very heavy. I'd bet good money it wouldn't stay up for very long.
I found these poster "hangers" but just my luck, they don't come big enough. I talked to a stupid guy at the store who said I could put two on top, two on bottom and it should work.
I'm just confused and upset, and I just might have to poke holes in it...

Back
Top Bottom