I knew there was something I had to do... Tres!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Eye of the Tiger*

Adriaaan!

So it's 7:30am and I'm still up. I could have gone to bed hours ago if this take home exam wasn't so mind-numbingly boring to write. Boo.

And Lies, clearly that is not a bill, but an exam, as indicated by the EXAM on his button. COMPLETELY unrelated to a bill. MIND-NUMBINGLY unrelated, one might say.
Or one might not say.

Wow, those are really shitty essays, self.

*hands them in anyway

Aaaand, it's a good thing I spellchecked it, because I definitely had the work "bulnerability" in one. Also "pegdagogy."
I'm a dumbass.

Now the question is this: do I go to bed at almost 11am and then screw up my sleep cycle, or do I try to stay up until tonight?

oh good lord(and not talking about bono:laugh:)
I am so sore. Serious. I feel so old:huh:
and Im only 18
you know when you wake up and you groan and hold your lower back with your palms and go auuuuugggghhhhhh

yeah that was me. I went body boarding in some violent waves yesterday and smacked my head on a rock, i think i broke a toe, i bruised my chest and hips and elbow.....

hey but it was a friggin blast!:dance:

hehe, rubber lizards...yep, thats what we kids call em nowdays

u2bonogirl said:

you know when you wake up and you groan and hold your lower back with your palms and go auuuuugggghhhhhh

Yes I know that feeling. I had it every day for a year and a half after I pinched a nerve in my lower back at gymnastics.

Ultraviolet Light said:

Now the question is this: do I go to bed at almost 11am and then screw up my sleep cycle, or do I try to stay up until tonight?

Bed would be my option because I went home sick from work today (mainly because I was sick last night and got no sleep). So I slept most of today, which means I won't be able to get to sleep tonight, which means I'll feel just as tired tomorrow, etc. :reject:

But at least your paper is done :up:

not being able to swallow comes in handy in a few situations.

:shifty:

on another note, I bought christmas cards... and.. I have an exam at 8am tomorrow. Wah.

and it's cold.

*builds fire*

Thanks Kristie. I'll be sure to remember that. *writes it on a post it* :tongue:

So everyone was like "Peterson verdict at 4:30!" and I'm like uh...and by 4:30 you mean everyone has to listen to Jeffrey Fieger ( :yikes: ) babble for 15 minutes first?
It was good times when Fieger ran for Governor here and even the Republicans were like "dude, you're so crazy. no way."

Yes, it is also cold here, Kristie. Damn you winter. *fistshake*
Lies took the kitty outside last night:
outside.JPG

Also, kitty is yes cute:
kittyisyescute.JPG

Last edited:
Here's how my weekend went. I'm telling you I CAN NOT wait for this year to be over. Friday night, spent four hours at the emergency room having all sorts of tests run. Sat. and Sun., basically in neverland from pain pills and anti nausea meds. Today, went to my doc and was told he was pretty certain I have a ruptured disc in my lower back. Tomorrow I have an MRI but I can't get back to my dr. for the results until next Monday.:huh:

u2granny said:
Here's how my weekend went. I'm telling you I CAN NOT wait for this year to be over. Friday night, spent four hours at the emergency room having all sorts of tests run. Sat. and Sun., basically in neverland from pain pills and anti nausea meds. Today, went to my doc and was told he was pretty certain I have a ruptured disc in my lower back. Tomorrow I have an MRI but I can't get back to my dr. for the results until next Monday.:huh:

:hug:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and meds that work :up:

and a nice doctor!
snotty doctors can really make your visit not fun :mad:

...it's not snowing here, it's just ass cold.. and always windy. This place gets hardly any snow compared to what I'm used to.

Kristie said:
and a nice doctor!
snotty doctors can really make your visit not fun :mad:

...it's not snowing here, it's just ass cold.. and always windy. This place gets hardly any snow compared to what I'm used to.

My doctor is from Australia. Are all Australian men good looking?

I have never seen an unattractive aussie, myself.

Guess what!
My professor said she might have a job for me doing curatorial work... organizing artifacts, identifying stuff, etc. For money!
and Kathy (my current boss) said if I take it I could come in for her like 2 hours a week or whenever I have time, so I could keep that job too. Or, if I just want to quit, that would be ok as well.
I'm gonna be rich!

See, I figure this is my trade-off for giving up horseback riding next semester. I get a better job to take up my extra time and more money. LOTS more money, since now I don't have to pay the $400 for the class and $10/week for gas just to get there.

:hyper:

jobs :drool: I think I get a raise soon....

So I have a business law exam in 5 hours on 35 chapters and I haven't started studying yet. Maybe I should do that then....

hippy said:
:madspit: work

I'm really not liking this "not being in school, having to be a responsible adult" thing.

Aaaaah, the grass is always greener on the otherside, no? :p I much prefer work. Summer is nice b/c yeah, you're working all day everyday, but then you have nights and weekends completely to yourself - no homework, studying, or papers. You can relax and watch TV or go to the beach for the weekend. The school year just plain sucks. Summer = work 40 hrs a week. School year = full time student AND work 30 hrs a week + homework. I'll take only working any day!

u2bonogirl said:
ohhhh poor u2granny:(
:hug:
I hung out with some old people in the pool last night and I was the one with the sore back:lol:
they were really nice to me which was kinda weird because im one of those rotten youth:reject:

"Old people":sigh:

I always thought it was funny in high school when everyone was like "I just wish I was like 25!" and I was like "what's wrong with you people, I wish I was 8."

See Lies, the problem with the "only work" is I assume there's some sort of "oh shit is this really what I want to do with my life," whereas with work+school you can always change your major. :wink:

Which is why I'll probably be in school for another 5 years. :|

You know what I miss? Having time to read. I read so much when I was younger, it was sick. I honestly have an entire crate of novels my mom has given me one by one. I want to read them all, but I don't even have enough time to read assigned textbooks, let alone the gory murder novels my mom and I are obsessed with.

AMEN! I went through stacks of books this summer, now it's like "ooOoo, Doing Empirical Political Research chapters 7-13, that sounds riveting." :|

My Sociolinguistics prof would only assign us like a chapter a week because he thought college students didn't do enough reading for fun. Of course I hope he also realized that even without reading for his class none of us had time, but still. It's the principle of the matter, right? :wink:

Kristie said:
I'd take work.

Work doesn't give you homework, you can sit at home and watch tv and drool all evening if you want to.

Well, my work gives you homework and I work so much I'm too tired to do anything but sleep when I get home. I try to read, but I end up falling asleep!

Work schedule:
M - 8-5:30 work (rehearsal until 10 pm) = Monday gone
T- 9-7:30 work (home around 8:30) = 2 hours of time before I collapse from exhaustion
W- 8-5:30 work (home around 6:30) = a little more free time than other nights... so I can sleep
R- 9-7:30 work (home around 8:30) = falling asleep on the way home from work lol
F- 9:30-3 work (home around 4) = time to watch some of the shows on the DVR, read a little, then go out

And, depending on what point of the quarter it is, I DO have homework.

I guess things would be better if this was actually what I wanted to DO with my life... but it's not... I'm just earning money till I can get back into school.

In case you can't tell... I'll take school, for 200 please Alex!

At least there I get to use my brain...

[/gripe session]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom