I knew there was something I had to do... Tres!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultraviolet Light said:
Yes, yes it is so much to ask for. :wink:
:scream: It's been so cold here I forgot my hat one day and I thought my ears were gonna fall off.

Heh, oh, no, aw :hug:. I know the feeling-ya ever stand out in the cold for two and a half hours while wearing a ratty old pair of shoes with holes in them? I did that once, and when I got home...oh, man, you should've seen my toes, the poor things were so red! I immediately soaked them in warm water.

I still love snow and cold weather, though. I'm weird like that. Winter's always been my favorite season.

Originally posted by Ultraviolet Light
Also, I don't want to work tomorrow. :grumpy:

My mom's saying the same thing. I feel bad for those of you who have to work this week :hug:. Hope that nobody gives you guys too much grief and the work day flies by and all that good stuff.

And I have Christmas shopping to do still and I don't have a car.

I don't have a car of my own, either-I've been going with my parents, or they've dropped me off at stores on my own, to do my shopping (my dad dropped my sister and me off on Saturday at some stores, and we got our parents' presents then). I'm pretty close to being done with my Christmas shopping-I just have to go out tomorrow and get something for my sister.

Our family's doing a lot better on getting around to our Christmas shopping this year-we're not rushing around on Christmas Eve to get things :p, we actually started the first weekend in December. We already have most of our presents wrapped and under our tree.

But I don't have homework anymore! :D

Hehe, yahoo, well, there's a bright side :).

My sister's psyched about the fact that she has the next two weeks off. And Christmas'll be nice-neither one of my parents has to work, and my sister and I obviously don't have any school to worry about, so we'll all be home together that day :D. My mom does have to work on Christmas Eve, though :(.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

*Nods* Weather Bug totally screwed up our computer. We got rid of it, thankfully.

Last time I checked, it was 55 degrees outside :madspit:. Damnit, this is DECEMBER, for crying out loud. It's supposed to be cold and snowing like mad, not getting near 60 degrees. I shouldn't be saying, "It's warm in here", I should be saying that I'm freezing.

:sigh:...I just want some snow and cold weather for Christmas...is that so much to ask for?

Angela

I'll trade you!

every year we seem to have a day where the wind's going about 30 miles an hour and the wind chill is -35. I hate that day. They should cancel class if it's that cold since most students walk to class.

I've dealt with days like that before.

Kristie said:
I'll trade you!

Heh, don't know if you'd want to do that now. It's much colder today-it's 35 degrees last I checked, the wind's blowing like mad, and we did get some snow last night (not a lot, about 3 inches at most, but it's there). And it won't be warming up for the next few days, it's just gonna get colder. The warmest it's expected to get right now is in the low 40s this weekend.

But if it ever does warm up again, then yeah, we can trade :).

Angela

wow, I dont know whether its that old holiday depression setting in or what but my life really sucks:|
And what is it about men that just ruins everything for you all the damn time....
And why is it that during the holidays and when all this U2 shite is coming out I have to be broke and jobless?
Well?
Anybody?

Moonlit_Angel said:

Heh, don't know if you'd want to do that now. It's much colder today-it's 35 degrees last I checked, the wind's blowing like mad, and we did get some snow last night (not a lot, about 3 inches at most, but it's there). And it won't be warming up for the next few days, it's just gonna get colder. The warmest it's expected to get right now is in the low 40s this weekend.

Angela

I'll trade someone.....its -20 with the wind and suppose to be colder tonight......sucks!!!

u2bonogirl said:
wow, I dont know whether its that old holiday depression setting in or what but my life really sucks:|
And what is it about men that just ruins everything for you all the damn time....
And why is it that during the holidays and when all this U2 shite is coming out I have to be broke and jobless?
Well?
Anybody?

:scratch: Yeah, last week I was in the christmas mood and all excited and everything but now its all crashing down and its depressing...or maybe because its -20 outside and my house is freezing.........I wish I could help you with the job thing, that stinks...and I know I cannot help with the men....no one can...and if they do...please let me know!:hug:

Moonlit_Angel said:

Angela

I'll still trade you!
That's warmer than it is here right now...

It's "stay inside for recess" cold out today. I wish we still had recess. Life should have recess. Anyway...

Hokay. So our office is right above the bathrooms nearest the main entrance to the college. And they decided that this week they're going to redo the bathrooms because they suck and it's like "welcome to the school, we have shitty bathrooms!"
So because they're old bathrooms (I dunno why because, just because) the whole floor and at least halfway up the walls is tiled.
So the first step in redoing the bathrooms is to take off all the tiles.
With a jackhammer.
All day.
Right below me.
I think my head is going to explode.

Heh, okay, if you really want to trade me, that's your choice :).

Hokay. So our office is right above the bathrooms nearest the main entrance to the college. And they decided that this week they're going to redo the bathrooms because they suck and it's like "welcome to the school, we have shitty bathrooms!"
So because they're old bathrooms (I dunno why because, just because) the whole floor and at least halfway up the walls is tiled.
So the first step in redoing the bathrooms is to take off all the tiles.
With a jackhammer.
All day.
Right below me.
I think my head is going to explode.

Ooh. Not fun. That would drive me nuts, too.

LOL, "Welcome to the school, we have shitty bathrooms"-that amused me for some reason :).

Angela

Last edited:
u2granny said:
Well now. This was all I needed to complete a totally :censored: up year. I got the results of my MRI today. I have a ruptured disc in my lower back.:scream: I am waiting to hear from my neurosurgeon about an appointment for steroid shots. Anything is better than the misery I have been in for the past couple of months. I will do anything to avoid more spinal surgery. :mad:

oooh, i know exactly what you're going through! about 1.5 years ago, i herniated a disc in my lower back... it was the most painful thing i have ever experienced in my life... i was literally on the floor and could not move! i was out of commission for about a full week, but then it started getting better. however, i still had sciatica down my leg.

i got 3 rounds of steroid injections, and have been nearly pain-free for over a year. *knock on wood* i can no longer go running, but i can still do low-impact exercise...

anyway, just wanted to let you know that there's hope!!! the steroid injections will hopefully get rid of the majority of your pain. hope you're feeling better! :)

Sometimes, when I hear that someone I knew in high school is married or has kids, I feel bad :(

But then I realize, "Hey I'm still single - that means I can do whatever I want this weekend! Woo hoo!" :hyper:

And then I go out and see a cute little kid, and I think "I want one." :(

But then I see another kid that's starting to throw a temper tantrum and I think, "That's okay . . . I can wait."

edited to add: u2bonogirl, are these friends still in high school? Because then, obviously it's a whole different story :(

Last edited:
I know the same feeling. I hate kids sometimes and love to death the other.
I go back and forth on whether I really want to have them and it depends on the behavior of other peoples kids.
Knowing me I would probably end up adopting some filipino or african baby:cute:
that would raise a few questions! "you and your husband are both white!"

I got married when I was 30 and had my kids at 35, 37 and almost 39. I ran into a friend from high school the other day. She got married right out of high school and started having kids (4 of them) right away. She is now divorced and engaged to another man who is 12 years younger than her. She is 44 and they are planning on having a baby together.

I am happy for her but I don't know if I would want to go through the baby thing again.

Isn't 44 a little old to be having a baby anyways? I mean, health wise?

My friend is pregnant and I think she's due tomorrow.

Kelly, you can always adopt if you get serious. There's this really nice old lady that lives across from my parents. Her daughter is early 50s and never married, but always wanted a child so she went to China and came back with little Kate. :cute: If I have kids, I think one will be adopted, most likely from Romania (during Ceausescu's time the women of child bearing ages were required to take monthly pregnancy tests and if they weren't pregnant, they were taxed so now there's tons of unwanted babies).

Last edited:
:yikes: kids

My second cousin got married at 19, had her first kid at 20, and is now 27 with four kids. :yikes: :yikes: They're gonna have their own hockey team before I graduate...

The whole "get married and have kids right out of college" concept was really foreign to me (my parents were 35 and 39 when I was born), but now I think they don't let you graduate from here unless you pledge to do so. :wink: (She said, only half kidding)

One of our roommates was like "in a few years when I start having kids..." and I was like "IN A FEW YEARS? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN IN A FEW YEARS?" and she's like "well, okay, like five at the most."
:shocked: Whaddya mean, FIVE YEARS? You'll be 25! I'll probably still be in school at 25! Holy crap!

I'm gonna have a panic attack just thinking about it...is this the way people think all over, or is it just in the CRC bubble? (please tell me it's just in the bubble...)

Ultraviolet Light said:
The whole "get married and have kids right out of college" concept was really foreign to me (my parents were 35 and 39 when I was born)

My parents didn't even go to college-they were planning on it, but things didn't happen, and they got married when my mom was 21 and my dad was 20. My mom was 27 (almost 28) when she had me, and 31 when she had my sister.

Personally, I would like to have kids someday (no more than three, though. Not that I don't like kids or anything, overall, I do-yeah, there's a few brats running around, but there've also been some real sweethearts I've met, too-but I just don't know if I'd be able to handle a bunch of kids), but I don't intend on having kids for quite a few years yet. I've told my parents numerous times that they'll have to wait about 10 more years or so (I'm 20 now) before they become grandparents, and they're like, "That's okay!" :p. No, I want to be fully done with school, have a decent job and a home before I go raising any children.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom