I HATE Valentine's Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shygirl

Acrobat
Who else hates this day?!?!?!? Its not even the fact that I don't have a boyfriend or any prospects for that matter... Its just that this holiday is too over done! I'm sure everyone in my office will be wearing red...yuck! I, on the other hand, am wearing black... I hope this day is over quickly!

Yep I hate it too, (well not hate, just find it too long-drawn out and overdone........)

not cause I dont have a boyfriend, but with so much marriage-cheatin shit going on in the world today........I think, well, I guess pple use it to cover cracks..........a big pile of shit quite frankly, but then I always found falling-in-love a strange thing.................too silly.............

woohoo! more people that hate Valentine's Day. I don't think its just a coincidence that Valentine's Day is in the middle of the off season for flowers-- which means they're more expensive than say July 14. The day has been trivialized by the candy, card, flower, balloon, red teddy bear making companies. Don't believe the hype!

The only thing I like about V-day is that I get to receive hundreds and hundreds of chocolates from all my co-workers
biggrin.gif

And BTW: Shygirl, I'm wearing black also!!! YAY for us !

------------------
I Love controversy

Why am I not a vegetable??

yes, i hate Valentine's Day too. i feel like a jerk tho, because my dad got me a card and a gift certificate to Macy's and i didn't get him anything 'cause i'm broke. but we're going to lunch....so i guess that kinda makes up for it.

ergh, i hate holidays, period.

xoxo,
chelsea

Well, I'm not in love (in real life!) and looking at the Valentines to post as pretending to send to Bono was pretty depressing, thinking no one will be sending any sweetness my way
frown.gif
I actually sent one to myself
eek.gif
I know it's pathetic but it was so cute. Here check out this thread on EYKIW, it was such a cute idea I'm surprised no one else thought of it!
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/018035.html

haha. I started a thread with this exact title over in the Confessionals not too long ago.
biggrin.gif

V-day is commercialized crap, pure and simple. Not to mention it helps propogate the myth that in order to be complete, you must be part of a couple. Bullshit!
mad.gif
Since when is singleness some sort of disease that you must be ashamed of or be frantically searching for a cure?

My big plans for the day include:
1. arranging to have roses delivered to my best friend who just became a single mother as a result of date rape
2. mailing U2-7 to Marko in Croatia
3. going home and watching the Olympic men's figure skating finals (white men CAN jump)

-sula

well on a positive side its nearly over now and we wont have to worry about it for another year. i went all out and wore grey today. what i hate most about this time of year is all the silly love songs and complilation albums that come out just to rip poor idiots off

------------------
i'm already gone, felt that way all along

i hate Valentines Day. Even when I have a boyfriend, I hate it. I think it is stupid that you are forced to take one day to tell someone you love them and buy them cheesey hallmarks, candy and flowers. If you are with someone you love a day like today should take place anyother day and not because the marketing companies say you should. I also hate today, because I was supposed to be on a date tonight and well, thanks to me being sick, I will have to postpone it.
mad.gif

I don't mind Valentine's Day for it's purpose I suppose. But I don't like February 14th. My good friend lost his battle with AIDS last year on this date and that is a good reason for me not to like today. But I smile through it and remember his smile and how he probably misses my laugh as much as I miss his.
smile.gif

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

flibbertigibbet

The Edge, it's a direct object.

I don't know if this fits in here, but today has been an interesting day...

I got asked out today by a guy (and he gave me flowers) who likes me and I like him back but probably not as much, and seeing it as just a simple, harmless date, I said yes.

But I should have thought about it, considering I go to a school with about 200 kids total and everything goes around... and while I said said yes to a date, everyone thinks we're like an official couple, so I have to clear that up...

And I'm just getting back on good terms w/ my ex-boyfriend, and we're talking again for the first time in a long time, and having real conversations... and we both know we still have feelings for each other, we're both just waiting to see who admits it first... as much as I can hate this guy and as much as we have both hurt each other after we broke up, I still like him a lot, and today he gave me flowers too, but I don't know if it's just a friendship thing, or if he wants a relationship again. And then he heard that I was going out with the other guy, and so he was really quiet and avoided me for the rest of the day. So I told him that I had to talk to him tonight, that it was very important. So I'm going to talk to him later, and I am scared to death of what to say (me, who usually says things without thinking twice).

And I've been asking him lately if he still thinks about me and what he thinks of me, but he's been reluctant to tell me, and now I think he will be even more... what am I supposed to do? I want to tell him that I still care about him a lot and see if he says the same thing, but I don't want to say too much and have the other guy find out and be hurt.... I am so confused, and I have been shaking for a while now....

And all this because of Valentine's Day.
frown.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Back
Top Bottom