I gate crashed the Breakfast on Pluto premiere and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
...got to talk to Bono again. :lol:

First, we were outside of the cinema and got a few pictures and after Bono went in, we noticed a little side door and sneaked in. Bono and Ali (she looked absolutely stunning as usual!) were upstairs having a drink and then came downstairs. When he was about to go into the room to watch the movie, I asked him if I could get my pic taken with him and he said: Oh, I'm so sorry but I really have to go or I'll miss the missus! lol Ali had gone in without him and he was trailing behind her. lol But he grabbed my arm and my hand and smiled. :drool:

I have a little video where you can hear him saying that, so I'll post it in a little bit.

P4090246.jpg

P4090244.jpg

P4090243.jpg

P4090242.jpg

P4090241.jpg

Is gate-crashing legal?

And is it ethical?

Did Bono seem to appreciate it?

Just some legitimate questions to ask. :huh:

If you look closely, Jamila, there are other people there. :|

Edit: Even if she did "sneak in," she acted appropriately and politely. I'm sure you would have done the same thing.

Last edited:
:hug: Good for you Flavia. I'm happy for you.

Speaking of being "One". :eyebrow:

I don't think she meant "crashing" in the literal sense. There were other people there as apparent in the pictures.

:| <----- This is the approximate color I've turned while comtemplating what cruel fate in Life put me in southeastern NC - where Bono sightings are particularly few & far between - versus Dublin, where a girl can just gate crash a movie premiere & presto! - Pictures & video of the B Himself.... :tsk:

:giggle: I may be green with envy, but I'm also tickled pink for you Flavia!! Thanks for sharing the yummy new pics! :yes: :drool: :hug:

Congrats Flavia! :D:up: ...and thanks for posting the pics! :yes:

What would life be without a little gate crashing now and then, ay? :wink:

Jamila said:
Is gate-crashing legal?

And is it ethical?

Did Bono seem to appreciate it?

Just some legitimate questions to ask. :huh:

It would be nice if people could ask questions like these without being attacked for playing devil's advocate.

And before anyone accuses me of being hypocritical (someone implied that Jamila might not be so opposed to gate-crashing if she were the one doing it herself), here's a little story:

In 1993, I was in Dublin with a group of other girls. With approximately 20 other people, we rented a bus that drove around Dublin looking at the various U2 sites -- Mount Temple, Ballymun, boyhood homes, etc.

The final stop on this tour was Bono & Ali's home. The bus parked outside of the gate and everyone got out. Most of us were huddled around hoping that someone might come by and open the gate so we could see (or possibly sneak) into the grounds. Some of us were looking to see if there was any possible way to scale the fence.

We all noticed that, at the top of this very tall fence, there are pieces of broken glass laid into the stucco. And it suddenly occurred to me (I was 18 at the time and perhaps a bit slow) that these were the steps that Bono and Ali felt were necessary to keep people like us OUT. At that same moment, I felt so ashamed for even being there and one of my friends and I got back on the bus and waited until the others tired of waiting.

It's one thing to stand near the red carpet at a premiere, get pictures and autographs, etc. The celebrity is expecting that. It's another thing to sneak into a side door and confront them after they've left the red carpet.

We all have our personal lines to draw. I drew mine in 1993. Please don't attack Jamila for asking valid questions. It's your right to disagree...but someone SHOULD be asking these questions.

Livi

Back
Top Bottom