Help finding thread about B's speaking schedule?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popbellydancer

Refugee
Hi ladies!

Dreamchaser Mel had found a thread on here towards the end of September that had a list of places Bono will be speaking/appearing at...including Boston, Philly, etc. I can't find the thread she was in, so I was hoping you ladies could direct me towards it, or maybe repost. Not sure if it was in PLEBA, but figured you girls would know!? Bonofox1 maybe? I know there was something bout Vegas, and I thought Cali as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks girls!

Mel:wink:

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:
He's going to be at one of the Claremont Colleges at the end of the month but you have to be a faculty member, staff or student to get tickets.

i didn't realize they were such high rollers. all last year i had been trying to get him to speak at my school. he's so damn expensive.

unico said:

i didn't realize they were such high rollers. all last year i had been trying to get him to speak at my school. he's so damn expensive.

Tuition at Claremont for a full year is $46,000 so I'd say they are pretty high roller. I'm not sure what the goal is for these speaking engagements other than the obvious one, (to fundraise for DATA), but I would assume it is to engage gifted and fortunate students to tackle world poverty with their talents in any way they can.

Last edited:
well i'm thinking then that some other groups perhaps chipped in because programming board budgets aren't exactly pots of gold. still though, that's pretty cool that the students were able to bring him to speak themselves, rather than the university inviting him to speak at a graduation. those students must be REALLY excited.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom