Girls, let me ask you..................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
...do u tink Mr Gibson made all those comments about MDH like he did because he saw himself as 'to above' as an actor?

meaning he saw the movie as 'cheap shit' and wondered why he was selected or something?
That is was too 'low' for him, that he deserved better acting work??????

although Im surprised why he even took the job if he thought that!!!! dont actors read scripts beforehand??

I dunno.........hopefully one of u will know what I mean.........

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 04-08-2002).]

i remember that bono and mr gibson had some exchanges about his comments of MDH, personally, i think that another actor (methinks kevin spacey) would have done a better job than mr gibson.

i dunno, i enjoyed the movie and the soundtrack is fabulous!
smile.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
lost on a silent planet
two lone, rising stars
locked in a silent planet
so close and yet so far...

I love Mr Spacy but hadn't thought of him in that role before... now I'm sad it wasn't him.
frown.gif
Casting for the movie was tough, if you read ATEOTW you'll see, so bad beginning and then the whole it not being an action movie thing.
smile.gif
I like that movie a lot. It has a number of moments when you're just supposed to slow down and observe the characters, which you don't do in a typical Gibson movie.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Originally posted by mad1:
...do u tink Mr Gibson made all those comments about MDH like he did because he saw himself as 'to above' as an actor?

I don't know, but I heard, that Wim Wenders really exploited him during making the movie. He booked Mel Gibson for 3 weeks only, so that Gibson had scenes 'every day'.

BTW I like his performance. In February, I had the chance to meet Wim Wenders and got an autograph by him. Very inspiring. MDH is such a brilliant movie.

------------------
In Adam Clayton, U2 have their emotional touchstone, a thoughtful, reflective man, comfortable in his skin, fluid with his feelings, enjoying his life. -- Dermot Moore, Hotpress 2001

What did Mel Gibson supposedly say? I vaguely remember hearing something, but I don't know...

I bought the DVD like 2 months ago, but I still haven't watched it yet. I'm so bad! The soundtrack is awesome though!

I just bought Salman Rushdie's book "The Ground Beneath her Feet" today (it was in our university bookstore. How cool!). Has anyone read it? It looks like it's going to be really good! I'm pumped!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Back
Top Bottom