Gina Marie come over here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Heyyy! you went to the Boston shows?! I figured I'd post this here rather than bug everyone else....

I went to the Boston shows!! I went to boston 2 and 3. which ones were you at?!

biggrin.gif

------------------
When you see daddy coming
You're licking your lip
Nails bitten down to the quick

My fanatical U2 webpage: Take Me Higher

I was at all 4! See how greedy I am-2nd one I was in the heart-my usual bad luck to be there on the night of the line fiasco-1st night I had GC-10 th row from the stage right across from Adam-and the other 2 nights crap balcony!

have you ever seen the pics that I took from those shows? they're at my website.

boston 2 and 3 i was in the heart both times. if you're looking at the stage I was to the right, right up against the catwalk where the heart starts to dip in. Bono came and held my hand during UTEOTW!! it was amazing. Boston 3 Adam took a sign from me at the end of the show-- you didn't see it happen, did you??

Hi Carrie-I saw your web site-I was at the tip of the heart on the inside-don't remember seeing you-but i never got near Bono-i had so many people crushing me every time he came near that I didn't stand a chance! Its great being down there, but there were some negatives too-oh well-and I couldn't see anything from that crap balcony! but inside the heart-I just couldn't keep from noticing things being that close-like Adam's RAZOR BUMPS(lol) and Bono pulling down his pant leg-he did it so many times!!

Yeah that show boston 2 was PACKED in the heart- they obviously wanted more people in there for the video shoot. maybe we'll be able to see ourselves on the show- i'm just so excited that the show I was at will be on tape! it's like a dream! I must have been near you at some point since if you could see adam's razor bumps
smile.gif
i was standing on that side of the heart. (only i ran over ot larry's side before he came down but i eventually returned). there was a guy next to me who knew the kid that got pulled up to play people get ready. the guy was going crazy! it was pretty cool. So funny about Bono's pant leg- I didn't notice it at all!
smile.gif

------------------
You're licking your lip

supposedly they can't use most of the footage from 2 because of the protest-accdg to Bono-and I forgot to tell you before-**petrified someone will read this and take it the wrong way cause I just love the guy** but I'd never get any attention from him anyway-I'M TOO OLD!-the cameras kept going past me following him-so who knows-but you might see yourself from another night!I was so afraid to move once it started that I quickly realized that I should have gone right away to Edge's side and stayed there!And I'm just weird in that way noticing things like the pant leg-it was really nice having our own private little thread here-just so you don't think I'm being rude-i'd better get going soon-will wait for your reply!

Carrie-in case you're still here-gotta leave now-but maybe I'll see you on here later or tomorrow-and thanks for all those GORGEOUS Larry pics-I hate how he's always hidden behind those feckin drums at the shows-my favorite part=when he walks down the heart ramp-oh my!!!***heart racing***

Yeah I saw the whole thing. I was #70 in line - got there at 8am. So I got shafted too and was pretty pissed but i got over it! Modsavage from Wire said it best: "that's like protesting world hunger at an all-you-can-eat banquet." and it's true. we've all heard this before so i'm not going to has into it again.

I remember reading "something" that bono said to those girls- i met them actually. but i didn't hear anything about him saying he couldn't use the footage. if he did say that maybe it was to put them in their place. either way i'm not going to go on what they say since they were pretty involved and are probably biased. ack! don't mean to start fights/flames- i hope its only us reading this! sooo i guess overall we have to wait and see! but now i feel better, knowing the sources are not quite reliable, imo! and it's almost time to go home, too! thanks for posting again
biggrin.gif

I know-I was so terrified to write anything about it-i only did cause you told me you were there and asked about the video-i was over # 200 and still got a great spot-I think its just about being disillusioned about people you idolize-they thought the band was involved-he told them that to lay a guilt trip-I'm Irish so I know how that works LOL-those girls seemed really young-and you're not much older-and it can be tough when you're that age-but-anyway-enough about that***steps off her soapbox*** I'm sure the video will be great-looking forward to it! Nice chatting w/you! Will have happy Larry dreams tonight thanks to that thread!

Hey girlfriends and fellow Edge lovers.
biggrin.gif
I was at Boston 4! In the GA line at number 50. Ended up right in front of that really hot guitar player. hehe. In fact, I had a little sign asking him to dance...which I held up during MW, and he flashed an adorable grin at me. hehe.

my meager pics are out at http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/sulawesigirl4.

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

About that Boston GA line, no flames here, I just wanted to add that I heard they were sick of the same fans camping out and getting the best spots at every show and they wanted new people there and so those 3 girls and some others were allegedly the ones being conspired against not the old and the ugly! One girl said she met Bono in the airport and he told her that to her face. She cried and he hugged her. Hey that girl has nothing to cry about she got a hug! And she is also a girl who danced with him at another show too so she got her share but I know it must have hurt her feelings. I don't know why the rest of you got shafted maybe they just grabbed people at random who they didn't recognize from other shows. It was a sad thing all around so yeah best not to discuss it only had to add that for you.

Sorry I didn't post before- had to do some work!
eek.gif

oh no my heart is breaking! where did you hear that they couldn't use a lot of the footage from Boston 2? that makes me want to bash some heads together!!!! i am restraining myself from expressing my TRUE (descriptive) feelings right now. I read in willie's diaries that the video looks great and you get a real sense of being there.

I'll always be checking in, so keep writing. i like our own thread too lol
smile.gif
promise we're not elitists, though! and no problem about those larry pics- it's great to see him smile!

------------------
You're licking your lip

Carrie-i'm back for a short visit-darn-why can't we get paid for being on here? well,I don't know what happened to you Boston 2-but I had my butt on that concrete from about 1 pm-and I couldn't believe when those guys came out and took people from the back of the line first-the people who camped out way longer than i did did the protest and they overreacted-I believe most of them were upset about being lied to, but some were about not being "right up front". Most I heard just saying they had been lied to. I read somewhere online that Bono told them (girls involved in the protest) that they couldn't use it-but I don't really buy that-I taped the NBA halftime,and you couldn't even notice it-there were only about 10-15 people doing it-and they could easily shoot around it, i think, anyway-enough about that mess.. I just don't want to believe that it had anything to do w/being younger or more attractive-being picked to be up front-cause it made me feel old and ugly if that was the case!

Gina Marie-
I can't believe I didn't think to ask this of you before!

Any chance you bought the Globe on June 7th??
(if you want to email me oliveu2cm@yahoo.com or you can post here)
I am desperatly looking for a picture that ran in the Globe from the concert! You could be the answer to my prayers!!

------------------
We'll shine like stars in the summer night.
We'll shine like stars it'll be all right.
One Hope. One Love. One Truth.

Carrie-just go to the website-Boston.com i'm pretty sure it is-and they have an area where they sell copies of pics from the Globe-I think I cut out articles-I know they had some great shots of Edge and Bono-i was going to buy one of the Edge-cause moron that i am, i didn't even bring my camera when I was in the heart-so check out that site-i will later if i have a chance- hope I helped!

I have been there and i've contacted the photographer and all this and have been extremely unsuccessful! I am looking for a specific photo (and i'm 99% sure it ran in the Globe). But to order it is $25 and i dont want to spend that if I'm not sure. The picture I'm looking for is of Bono, during Until The End Of The World when he is on the catwalk leaning into the audience and holding someone's hands! Do you remember this pic? If you do I would be eternally grateful! (and I might even have a reward for a copy of this photo!)
biggrin.gif
*holding my breath*...

------------------

Sorry Carrie-all I have is one of edge, 2 of bono on stage, one of bono and edge, and my fave Edge one w/the spotlight shining on him-maybe that pic you're talking about was in a late edition-all I get is the morning edition-so sorry I couldn't help-and i have some Herald pics but don't see the one you describe-did you check herald website-think its just Herald.com- d--m-if the reward was a date w/Larry or Edge, i'm really kickin myself! Oh-and s'thing else-maybe they'd have that at the Globe Corner Bbokstore in Downtown Crossing? sorry-did you see my Ode To Adam post-maybe it will cheer you up!

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
date w/Larry or Edge, i'm really kickin myself! Oh-and s'thing else-maybe they'd have that at the Globe Corner Bbokstore in Downtown Crossing? sorry-did you see my Ode To Adam post-maybe it will cheer you up!

Thats ok! Thanks for your help! I have it on heresay that the photo was printed. of course it's driving me nuts to find it. at least i'm glad i didn't waste any $$ so thanks! I'll check out that Globe bookstore next time i'm in boston. And i loved the Ode to Adam. Definitely cheers me up. And if you want a copy of one of the boston shows, let me know anyway. It's no date w/ Larry or Edge but maybe it's 2nd best reward ;-)

------------------

Sorry for my atrocious spelling Carrie-that would be bOokstore! do you mean a bootleg-I have ZERO of those-I am hopelessly out of the loop as far as any of that is concerned-don't even have a CDRW or mP3 player-I'm such a dinosaur! I can't ever get any, cause I have nothing to trade. The photographer on all the Globe pics I have is Evan Richman, btw. good luck getting your pic-and lets hope for some yummy pics in the Fall!

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
do you mean a bootleg-I have ZERO of those-I am hopelessly out of the loop as far as any of that is concerned-don't even have a CDRW or mP3 player-I'm such a dinosaur! I can't ever get any, cause I have nothing to trade. The photographer on all the Globe pics I have is Evan Richman, btw. good luck getting your pic-and lets hope for some yummy pics in the Fall!

Evan Richman, yeah he never returned my calls lol although his buddy at the Globe was nice enough to email me. I'll keep lookin! Yea I learned my lesson and in the fall i'll actually REMEMBER to buy a copy of the paper!

Yep i'm talking about bootlegs. i've got boston 2, 3 and 4. What's your poison? I can burn one for ya. It'll be the start of your collection! let me know if you're interested.

------------------

OMG Carrie-that is just so unbelievably sweet of you-I don't know what to say! guess 4 was the best-best set list-best energy-so that would be my pick-I'll e-mail you-do you want me to send you a blank and postage? Just let me know. you're a doll!

Back
Top Bottom