"Exciting announcement" from U2.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Did anyone else get this mail yet from U2.com?

"Dear U2.Com Member,

Elevation 2001 comes to an end in Miami this weekend - where it started 101
shows ago, back in March. But there's still a lot going on - check U2.Com
this Sunday when we expect another exciting announcement."

There is more -- some stuff about various things to vote for and the DirecTV stuff too, but that is all they say about an announcement..

------------------
love, lift me up out of these blues, tell me something true, i believe in you..

!! I got that email too!! I WANNA KNOW what's going on.

Are they gonna be at the VH1 my music awards? or whatever it's called?

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

STING: Some dark-haired girl in a camo hat chloroformed me and Bruce Springsteen and put us in these big jars in the basement.

So far I have heard they are NOT performing at the VH1 awards.. maybe because it is not confirmed they will win anything, and not want to waste time going there and such? Eh.. stupid reason..

------------------
love, lift me up out of these blues, tell me something true, i believe in you..

It's all speculation at this point but my guesses are:

1.Bono is running for office (okay this one's just for fun).
2. U2 will perform at SuperBowl
3. U2 will do a special concert in Ireland in December.

4. U2 will extend the tour. (Prays for aEuropean Spring or Summer tour to coincide with my vacation I am planning).

No Mona this isn't Disney and they aren't MIckey Mouse. Edge could give you all the scientific specifics as to why they can't be in Miami and LA for VH1 at the same time but I can't. Must say though the thought of them being of multiple places at the same time isn't a bad one *gets ideas*

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

The Vh1 awards are on Sunday arent they? Isn't that U2's last concert in Miami? That means they won't be on. ( unless its via Satellite which is always possible!) But if that were true, Vh1 would be advertising it in their AD because lord knows they need all the help they can get for that show.

The awards are stupid anyway.

** back to PMS mode***

Originally posted by oktobergirl:

This would be nice, but it's impossible cause one of the major requirements for being president is lack of a brain or anything brain-like.

That's probably it.

No they can't do December I promised myself I would be at the next Ireland gig and hell December is tomorrow, I can't make it.

4. U2 will extend the tour. (Prays for aEuropean Spring or Summer tour to coincide with my vacation I am planning).

You and I both, but I think they'll hold off on this till they're done with the new album. So we'll just have pray.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

I'm assuming it will be an official announcement about the Super Bowl. But I hope it's something a lot more exciting. Most things U2.com announces are things we heard about awhile ago through unofficial channels. I'd love for them to blow us away with a scoop, just once.

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
I'm assuming it will be an official announcement about the Super Bowl. But I hope it's something a lot more exciting. Most things U2.com announces are things we heard about awhile ago through unofficial channels. I'd love for them to blow us away with a scoop, just once.

I agree with you MBG, I hope it's something more exciting news than the superbowl thing.

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*
Adam's Press Secretary/Personal Assistant

Hey Oktobergrrrrl...I think I read in a MissZooropa thread that they are going to be in Sweden July of 2002, so you may get lucky!

Personally, the thought of taking a little European vacation has crossed my mind...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by oktobergirl:

I read this too and since I got such great news about them playing here in July next summer I thought that it might be it but I doubt it. I don't think we will get any kind of official release of a european tour until january, february, march something, if it's true. Or maybe they just think it has started to slip out too much info and rumours about a planned tour next summer that they just decided to offically announce it. *hopes*

I think the superbowl thing is what it is, even though this event is very "local" to US and "exciting announcement" should be relevant to more then some sportfanatics in the US. I can't recall to that u2.com has called any "regular" performance like at an award or something as "exciting announcement", IF they even have mentioned it in the newsletter and since it's said in the same breath as the talks about the tour.... Sorry, I just want it to be about a tour next summer so I try to read too much into it I guess, sorry.
smile.gif

I guess the one who lives will get to know.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

*crosses her fingers and chants*

Chat with Adam, Chat with Adam... Chat with Adam, Engagement to Adam!
eek.gif

------------------
Hey Nico, stay strong in this world.
My girl, ignore their cold words.
The song of your heart's so true, the sai is a way for you.
Hey Nico, stay strong in this world, my girl.

SlipStream Soul

U2 news has confirmed the Super Bowl thing, I believe.
wink.gif

------------------
"If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya." --Bono

....they're gonna buy a house in MD. I bet THAT'S it....

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

STING:Some dark-haired girl in a camo hat chloroformed me and Bruce Springsteen and put us in these big jars in the basement.~Echo~

http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/002671.html I spent enough time on this. I deserve to advertise
biggrin.gif

------------------
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

STING:Some dark-haired girl in a camo hat chloroformed me and Bruce Springsteen and put us in these big jars in the basement.~Echo~

Back
Top Bottom