Congratulations, Bono!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While this is GREAT news, it's long overdue and was the easiest of the three obstacles to overcome for Africa.

We still need to keep up the pressure on our governments UNDERFUNDING the Global AIDS struggle, especially our governments' contributions to the Global Fund (http://www.theglobalfund.org) and the hardest obstacle for Africa to overcome - FAIRER TRADE with our countries.

Read about fairer trade for Africa here:

http://www.maketradefair.com/en/index.php?file=ghana_chris01.htm

This IS a great FIRST STEP for Justice for Africa.

For those of you active in the Struggle for Africa - stay involved.

I've been out of town & away from any news since Friday... did this just get announced yesterday? It's WONDERFUL, by the way - a great first step! :yes: :hug: :bono: :hug: :heart:

YEAH!!! i heard it on the radio!!! i'm so proud for bman and happy for the entire continent of Africa!!!!! :happy:

I certainly support these efforts, but some of you, along with Bono and various other people, have been doing SO much more than I have, so I :bow: to you all and your tireless efforts :). Way to go, everyone-I'm proud of all of you. And I'll find more chances to do more as well, because I definitely want to help.

Angela

Palace_Hero said:
I'm very upset, Somalia still owes me $30 after I bought a round of drinks for a few of their leaders a fortnight ago.

:shame:

Don't spoil this with sarcastic humour.....This is something really big and historic, something some of us have worked very hard for and something alot of us have hoped for.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:

:shame:

Don't spoil this with sarcastic humour.....This is something really big and historic, something some of us have worked very hard for and something alot of us have hoped for.

I'm not being sarcastic. Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed has been ducking and diving all week, refusing to answer his calls.

Now G8 thinks it is ok to go and wipe off my debt. Well out of order. :(

On a side note, it is obviously great news.

Or atleast it was, until my sarcasm unwravelled their decision and they decided to blow up Africa as a result.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom