Classic Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Last week SpanishEyes21 suggested that we have a thread dedicated to classic Edge pictures, you know those ones that just so perfectly sum up and prove why you think he's so cool/cute/hot/dorky/whatever. So how about posting some of those classic shots as well as any other really great ones you'd like?

Happy Friday!!!

3359934%3B23232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D74%3A%3D499%3Dxroqdf%3E2323338325373ot1lsi

So like the total beauty of starting these threads is that I get to post this pics I love first, right at the top :evil:

My all time favorite Baby Edge pic (I doubt I will ever tire of it :cute: )...

new02.jpg

And the new classic...

8.jpg

Okay, so like however long ago when I first started really noticing The Edge, I was watching the SIAM video on the Boston DVD and it totally struck me how cool he was simply because he was wearing flip-flops. I don't have problem with feet but think that most guys should never, ever, ever wear sandles, but for whatever reason Edge completely pulled it off and that just stayed with me.
Classic ATYCLB Edge...

ba-all6.jpg

Indiana Edge...

Woo, Friday at last!!! This has been the longest, lamest week.

But there's always sweet Edge to make me feel better :cute:

edge_sand.jpg

Re: Indiana Edge...

flaming june said:
Woo, Friday at last!!! This has been the longest, lamest week.

]

So true fj, this week has been kinda boring in PLEBA.

dsmith, thank you for using my little idea

And now for some of my favorite Edge pics that I just cant
get enough of.

This one is my new favorite
larwig1.jpg

I absolutely cannot get enough of Edge with the baby sheep
3359967523232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D74%3A%3D499%3Dxroqdf%3E23233378793%3C7ot1lsi
3359967523232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D74%3A%3D499%3Dxroqdf%3E23233378888%3C5ot1lsi

This one is truly a classic Edge pic that we have all seen several times and one that i cant get enough of.
ed-jt53.jpg

Last edited:
SpanishEyes21 said:

dsmith, thank you for using my little idea

And now for some of my favorite Edge pics that I just cant
get enough of.

This one is my new favorite
larwig1.jpg

Thanks for the idea!!

And I just had to repost that one :macdevil:

Back with more Edge pics in a few.

So cute!!! (except that muscle shirt was inexcusably ugly, but that's okay)...
ed-pop56.gif

Ah, the denim cowboy shots :love: :drool:
ed-pop37.jpg

:heart: Desire :heart:
ed-jt43.jpg

Unless I'm totally off, this front picture is from this great part in Rattle & Hum where Edge surveys the Mighty Mississippi and responds with his classic, drawn-out "Wow" (the same one he gives when the owl flies by in Achtung Baby)...
ed-jt64.jpg

dsmith2904 said:
Unless I'm totally off, this front picture is from this great part in Rattle & Hum where Edge surveys the Mighty Mississippi and responds with his classic, drawn-out "Wow" (the same one he gives when the owl flies by in Achtung Baby)...
I've never understood that owl dropping thing. :scratch: What is Edge telling the radio dj and Bono?! :shrug:

Yay for edge!!

Hey guys!! Its time for Edge pics!!! Yay!!! *dances to Numb* *realizes that it is very difficult to dance to numb* *bops head to the beat instead* Hope they all come out ok!

Run up that stage Edge!
edge81.jpg

Edge thinks... "oh crud...i think i forgot to turn off that bloody iron...oh well...play another chord.."
edge126.jpg

Sorry for all these elevation pics..they're just all so nice!
edge184.jpg

edge243.jpg

Edge: "Wow!! Look at all these pictures of me...hmm..must be friday...they really love me!"
edge278.jpg

Edge" "What were those lyrics again? 'You're a big smash, you wear it like mesh???' Bono! That doesn't make sense..much as you would like it too..and many out there...but no. Lets try again...how about a rash?"
A_05.jpg

Awww....
edge48.jpg

Edge: "Don't get in my way."
edge705.jpg

"hmm...perhaps if i stand here someone will give me money..."
edge13.jpg

Ok! All for now guys!! Happy friday!!!

captions for pics! and all that come up are those little red "X" boxes!! nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:no: :scream: :sad: :censored:

FallingStar said:

I've never understood that owl dropping thing. :scratch: What is Edge telling the radio dj and Bono?! :shrug:

OK, it's a little gross but here goes. After an owl has completely digested its food, it sort of barfs up this things called an owl pellet -- a little fury ball. Anyway, inside that ball is all the undigestable remains (mostly bones) of all the little animals it has eaten. It's a really big elementary school science experiment to disect owl pellets and put together the skeletons of the animals inside, which is probably what Edge saw on that BBC special.

IWasBored said:
captions for pics! and all that come up are those little red "X" boxes!! nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:no: :scream: :sad: :censored:

You can't post pics here from Geocities or any other free sites (they don't all off-site hosting of images). How about just posting the links so we can see the pics?

:wave:

grrrrrr.......

sorry guys...here are all the links...hope i can find them all again..i'm so sorry..they were showing up on my own computer fine...oh well....
so...i guess have fun matching the captions with the pics at the links...oh well...

Hey guys!! Its time for Edge pics!!! Yay!!! *dances to Numb* *realizes that it is very difficult to dance to numb* *bops head to the beat instead* Hope they all come on ok!

Run up that stage Edge!
http://www.geocities.com/edge_pics/edge81.jpg

Edge thinks... "oh crud...i think i forgot to turn off that bloody iron...oh well...play another chord.."
http://www.geocities.com/edge_pics/edge126.jpg

Sorry for all these elevation pics..they're just all so nice!
http://www.geocities.com/edge_pics/edge184.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/edge_pics2/edge243.jpg

Edge: "Wow!! Look at all these pictures of me...hmm..must be friday...they really love me!"
http://www.geocities.com/edge_pics2/edge278.jpg

Edge" "What were those lyrics again? 'You're a big smash, you wear it like mesh???' Bono! That doesn't make sense..much as you would like it too..and many out there...but.. no. Lets try again...how about a rash?"
http://www.u2images.com/stills/stillsgallery02/holdmethrillme/A_05.jpg

Awww....
http://www.geocities.com/edge_pics/edge48.jpg

Edge: "Don't get in my way."
http://www.geocities.com/edge_pics6/edge705.jpg

"hmm...perhaps if i stand here someone will give me money..."
http://www.geocities.com/edge_pics/edge13.jpg

grrrr...(reprise)

well...some of those links work. the first few don't but some of the lower ones do...stupid geocities!!!!!!!!!!! *makes an angry face* i wonder why the pictures showed up on my computer in my post but not for anyone else???? i don't know..if you really want to see the pictures go to the straight edge website...i hadn't known about geocities not letting you do pictures...ah well...i will try again..sorry dear edgers

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:

OK, it's a little gross but here goes. After an owl has completely digested its food, it sort of barfs up this things called an owl pellet -- a little fury ball. Anyway, inside that ball is all the undigestable remains (mostly bones) of all the little animals it has eaten. It's a really big elementary school science experiment to disect owl pellets and put together the skeletons of the animals inside, which is probably what Edge saw on that BBC special.
:eeklaugh::lmao: No wonder I didn't got what he meant! :lmao:

ROE, that second one you posted is beautiful! Yay, new desktop pattern!! And no worries on the Geocities posting problems, it's happened to all of us, they don't like people trying to do direct links to content on their free sites because of all the bandwidth it uses (look at me being all technical, I'm getting a little nervous).

More Edge...

00285717.jpg

00285725.jpg

00274293.jpg

00107987.jpg

23096.jpg

dsmith2904 said:

hey! i have a really small version of that as a buddy icon!! cool!

[wants to join the fun but doesn't know how to post pics...will figure it out]

There aren't enough words to describe how much
I love this pic. He looks beautiful here.:ohmy: :love: :love: :love:
te11.jpg

another favorite
new01.jpg

Ladies we cant forget about this one
concert07-edge03.jpg

Oh i have an announcment, a few Edge threads ago, somebody posted some video stills from the documentary Out its America.
Well i remember reading that you could not buy it in the store
so i thought oh well, i guess i will never see it. Well a week ago i go to Ebay and there it was, so i bid on it and I WON:hyper:
I just watched it yesterday. I loved seeing Edge trying to sew up the tear in his leather jacket and when he was getting of this plane, he was holding a little Easter basket and Edge playing pool :love: :heart: Loved it

Last edited:
SpanishEyes21 said:
Oh i have an announcment, a few Edge threads ago, somebody posted some video stills from the documentary Out its America.
so i thought oh well, i guess i will never see it. Well a week ago i go to Ebay and there it was, so i bid on it and I WON:hyper:
I just watched it yesterday. I loved seeing Edge trying to sew up the tear in his leather jacket and when he was getting of this plane, he was holding a little Easter basket and Edge playing pool :love: :heart: Loved it [/B]

love the pics! what's this semi-non-existant documentary thing? should i just go look for an old edge post or soemthing? arg...:(

SpanishEyes21 said:
I just watched it yesterday. I loved seeing Edge trying to sew up the tear in his leather jacket and when he was getting of this plane, he was holding a little Easter basket and Edge playing pool :love: :heart: Loved it [/B]

OOOOMMMGGGGGGGGG, TELL ME MORE!!!!!:hyper::hyper:

PLEEEEEEEEEASE TELLLLL

Last edited:
IWasBored said:

love the pics! what's this semi-non-existant documentary thing? should i just go look for an old edge post or soemthing? arg...:(

Well it aired on MTV in the 80's, it was during the JT tour, and camera's are following them around. I dont know if it ever aired again on MTV. I dont remember who posted the stills.
Krisite, fj, erised, i think one of you posted those stills.
If you come across this message could you please post them
for IWasBored and um... I dont think anybody would mind seeing them again, especially myself.

ROE strikes back! Hopefully successfully this time...

Hey! It's still friday!!!! So here's some more Edge love guys. Uh..if it works...i got these from non/geocites angelfire sites and they should work.

You have to love a man who can pull off plaid. Especially one who can pull off plaid verrrrrry well.
A_48.jpg

Edge: *thinking* "I wonder if these boots make me look taller....
new04.jpg

How you doin'?
new03.jpg

Edge: *thinking* "I am SO relieved i didn't wear a white shirt today...."
edge90029.jpg

I don't even know if this one will show up....but its one of my favorite early band ones...*sighs* look at baby :edge:!
band1.jpg

Bye!!

SpanishEyes, you lucky thing!! I so like Outside It's America, there are a lot of really classic parts like the boys playing pool (Edge being so precise about each shot, carefully studying everything before making his move), the sewing seen (how great is that?), boot shopping ("Edge, your big problem is you're too tasteful") and the part where Edge has his little fit about the lights (and looks so incredibly mean and grouchy as well). Lovetown is also really great if anyone gets a chance to see that (completely adorable Edge eyeroll in that one).

More pics...

Maybe I am weird (probably or definitely is more like it), but I really like this version of "One" and thought Edge for sure pulled off the whole girl thing like way better than anyone else (and it showcased his lovely arms so well)...

A_10.jpg

A_13.jpg

A_17.jpg

Okay, there's one more Edge in dress scene from this video where he's standing next to the seated Bono, wearing the dark dress and light gloves, and is like all attitude (arms folded and such). If anyone has that, would they mind posting? Thanks much!!

dsmith2904 said:
SpanishEyes, you lucky thing!! I so like Outside It's America, there are a lot of really classic parts like the boys playing pool (Edge being so precise about each shot, carefully studying everything before making his move), the sewing seen (how great is that?), boot shopping ("Edge, your big problem is you're too tasteful") and the part where Edge has his little fit about the lights (and looks so incredibly mean and grouchy as well). Lovetown is also really great if anyone gets a chance to see that (completely adorable Edge eyeroll in that one).
]

Lovetown?? Is this another documentary that i must see?

Back
Top Bottom