Chris Kattan as Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallDownJulie

General purpose wench
did anyone else see that episode of SNL? i saw it ages ago and was talking about it earlier on some thread, then, just a day or two ago, i was going through some old tapes and completely FLIPPED when i found out i had TAPED it!! i didn't even know i did!!! eep!

look for it in upcoming repeat episodes. its the one with Heather Graham.

sad thing is, they're not very nice and pick on him, but i keep telling myself that that is what they are all about and that they do that to everyone.
smile.gif

anyhow, the skit is about those "Aid" concerts bands do to raise money and this one was called "Netaid". he sang a short song to the tune of One.

CHRIS(as Bono): Hello. This is a little something I wrote this morning during lunch. Its called "One"

We can build a sandwich
That's ninty miles long
Salami, cheese, and pickles
Make starving people strong

Did I ask too much?

We've gotta feed the world
We've gotta cook for each other....

Whoa-oh...

LOL!!

*sammich*

------------------
~Julie*
ScottPhisto's Shampoo Girl

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

"EEEEEDGE, BEDAZZLE MEEEEEE!"

lol, no but i saw my pal adam sandler as bono on snl haha

except he's nowhere near as hot. :p

OMG i'm GOING to bed lol
*unhooks Pleba IV*

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

** U2 Take Me Higher ** <--my "spoons"

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

*If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane!*

lol, olive! i haven't seen the adam sandler one, but i've heard about it. i saw adam sandler as bruce, though! have that on tape too!
smile.gif

------------------
~Julie*

"Let me introduce you to the scientist in the family. The man who gets sexual pleasure out of the collection of data. The Edge!" ~Bono (Boston)

oh good...I had missed this one...actually I missed another one where CK was doing Bono...um, I mean doing his impression of Bono, heh. Good to know...I'll keep my eyes peeled for it....

Ben Stiller, I heard, also does a fierce Bono impression that I'd love to see as well...plus he's short!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Discoteque:

Ben Stiller, I heard, also does a fierce Bono impression that I'd love to see as well...plus he's short!
biggrin.gif

Yes he does! MTV aired an hour and a half long show on Ben Stiller and they showed his Bono impersonation and he said that whenever he is having trouble being funny he goes to the "Go-to Bono impersonation"
biggrin.gif

LOL!! OMG!

------------------
~Julie*

ha ha ha ha!!! I love that picture. It is soooo funny. I want to see the impression so bad!!

Speaking of making fun of Bono. Yesterday I was flipping radio stations on the way to work. One of the classic rock stations was playing "Desire" so of course I listened to it. When they were done they said "That was U2, they had the highest grossing concert tour last year", and then the other guy said "Of course they did, they charged $150 for every ticket in the house, I don't know why they don't just cover the entire stadium in mirrors so that Bono can stare at himself, that guy is the most egotistical man in the world".

I was pissed!! First of all, all the tickets weren't $150, he should get his facts straight before he goes shooting off at the mouth, and second of all, Bono may think highly of himself, but if you ask me, He deserves too. All the work that he does for Artists Against Aids, Drop the Debt, etc, he should get some respect. I was going to call the radio station and yell at them, but I didn't have the number!!

Originally posted by Discoteque:
oh good...I had missed this one...actually I missed another one where CK was doing Bono...um, I mean doing his impression of Bono, heh.

Disco!
eek.gif

heeheehee

I've read- oh yeah it must have been in bill flanagan's book- about Bono saying something about Ben, like "why does he hate me" or something, joking around. Adam Sandler did an okay job lol. It was the skit w/ Frank Sinatra, Adam basically just croons exagaratedly (is that word lol) like Bono

*pauses*

*just realized there's another Adam in the world*
eek.gif

haha there's only ONE in my book...

------------------
"Songs are the language of the spirit... the melodies are how you sing to God. It's a deep language. But they can't explain everything, because really great songs touch places that you can't explain." -Bono

** U2 Take Me Higher ** <--my "spoons"

Jazz man bass man cool -bluey-

*If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane!*

------------------
)|( Vande )|(

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not
something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude." -Adam

"And I wear grey underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

It?s cold outside, but brightly lit...

Originally posted by Nimue:
Ben as Bono

bono.jpg

Bwahahaha! This is soooo hilarious! I love Ben Stiller! He's a cutie.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

I have yet to see Chris Kattan as Bono.
frown.gif

But I will, I tell ya.

Adam Sandler, ahh, he was okay. Though Phil Hartman did a killer imitation of Old Blue Eyes...Hehe

OMG, Ben Stiller as Bono is a riot.
biggrin.gif
First, I love Ben. Secondly, he had some funny skits where he was Bono. Like one where he and "The Edge" were walking along and he had long, Joshua Tree Bono hair going. Man!

Yeah, when MTV airs that repeat of the Ben Stiller hour (and we all know MTV can never play a show once, lol), be sure to catch it. I've seen it quite a few times and I've taped the Ben doing Bono scenes, what can I say?
smile.gif
Ben was talking about parodying his favorite band in the world and how they had focus groups for the show, and everyone asked why he was making fun of U2.

tania

------------------
I can't even say the bloody word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

ben stiller as bono is HILARIOUS!!! he used to imitate him on "The Ben Stiller Show", which aired on Fox in the early nineties (for about 10 episodes). there's this one really funny skit called "My U2 Dads"- it's making fun of that cheesy 80s series "My Two Dads". basically, ben plays bono, and another guy plays edge. and they have a kid... i can't remember the specifics, but i think it was pretty funny.

i'd love to find tapes of that show- jeanine garafolo was on it, too.
smile.gif

I really don't like people making fun of Bono, if they imitate him it should be in a flattering way. Does anyone remember when Bobcat Golthwait used to do him in the 80's, dressed in the JT gear with a ponytail? He used to do the WOWY video, 'my hands are tied..' and put them up over his head like Bono. ANYONE else ever see that?

Originally posted by spinninghead77:

Speaking of making fun of Bono. Yesterday I was flipping radio stations on the way to work. One of the classic rock stations was playing "Desire" so of course I listened to it. When they were done they said "That was U2, they had the highest grossing concert tour last year", and then the other guy said "Of course they did, they charged $150 for every ticket in the house, I don't know why they don't just cover the entire stadium in mirrors so that Bono can stare at himself, that guy is the most egotistical man in the world".

That is so stupid! I can't believe someone could be that dumb. I was just ranting to my mom about how everyone thinks Bono is such an egotist when he practically the opposite. She pointed out that when he did the Fly, he acted very over the top, huge and ego-obsessed. But he was just doing the Fly persona. So.. I suppose if people paid attention to him in the early 90's, when they thought they were seeing his real personality, what they were actually seeing was a sarcastic joke on true rockstars who act like that.

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
That is so stupid! I can't believe someone could be that dumb. I was just ranting to my mom about how everyone thinks Bono is such an egotist when he practically the opposite. She pointed out that when he did the Fly, he acted very over the top, huge and ego-obsessed. But he was just doing the Fly persona. So.. I suppose if people paid attention to him in the early 90's, when they thought they were seeing his real personality, what they were actually seeing was a sarcastic joke on true rockstars who act like that.

I know!!! It makes me really angry too because when people talk about how egotistical he is, they totally forget about all the good things that he does, and instead of being thought of as a very talented musician, an activist, and a politician, he is just thought of as a self-centered rock star!!

Most people didn't understand ZOOTV, and POPMART at all, it is so sad!!!

Originally posted by *Ally*:
ben stiller as bono is HILARIOUS!!! he used to imitate him on "The Ben Stiller Show", which aired on Fox in the early nineties (for about 10 episodes). there's this one really funny skit called "My U2 Dads"- it's making fun of that cheesy 80s series "My Two Dads". basically, ben plays bono, and another guy plays edge. and they have a kid... i can't remember the specifics, but i think it was pretty funny.

i'd love to find tapes of that show- jeanine garafolo was on it, too.
smile.gif

My U2 Dads ... That sounds like a fanfiction.net story in the making.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

!! on the radio this morning (Z104, for DC/MD residents) they played ISHFWILF and then they're like

This is a happy day for Bono! He's going to be put on a stamp!!!

.....Is that like fat Bono or skinny Bono?

AAAHAHHAAA! Bald spot Bono?

Aaahahha!! What about that lemon?

O_O I was traumatized. Then they moved on. Ak! My BonoBaby.

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself"
~Gypsy~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

lol!! Poor Bono.. he doesn't like being made fun of.
frown.gif
wink.gif

------------------

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
lol!! Poor Bono.. he doesn't like being made fun of.
frown.gif
wink.gif

We must defend his honor!

------------------
~Gypsy~

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Originally posted by WildHonee:

We must defend his honor!

Ooo.. can I be an official Bono Ego Defender?
biggrin.gif

------------------

I did see that episode of SNL. Not too long after U2 was on SNL in December of 2000 (OMG that was over a year ago!) Chris Kattan was on Conan. He was talking about how he's a huge fan of U2, and how he was really excited to meet Bono. I can't remember all of what he said, but he talked about eating a pizza with Bono and his (Chris's) dad showing up and embarassing him, and about how he wanted Bono to do a Mango skit but Bono didn't really want to.

Then he launched into an impression of Bono singing Sunday Bloody Sunday and climbed into the audience yelling "NO MORE!" over and over. It was really funny!

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"Some of my best friends are women. Some of my best friends dress up as women too." - Bono, Hot Press interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

It's really fascinating how Bono can be an arrogant self-obsessed egotist and one of the nicest guys in music at the same time. I mean, whenever I read what people who actually met and spent some time with Bono said about him and the rest of the band, they're almost always gushing about what nice, courteous, polite, professional, lovely blokes they are. And really, would this band stick together for more than twenty years if Bono was such a wanker he's often perceived to be? I don't think so!

Originally posted by WildHonee:
!! on the radio this morning (Z104, for DC/MD residents) they played ISHFWILF and then they're like

This is a happy day for Bono! He's going to be put on a stamp!!!

.....Is that like fat Bono or skinny Bono?

AAAHAHHAAA! Bald spot Bono?

Aaahahha!! What about that lemon?

O_O I was traumatized. Then they moved on. Ak! My BonoBaby.

LMAO!
biggrin.gif
I was traumatized too.
wink.gif

OH MY DAD. That is HILARIOUS!!! LOLLLL!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Nimue:
Ben as Bono

bono.jpg

Hey Olive (and anyone else), help me here, I SWEAR there was someone else who did a Bono impersonation on SNL back when Phil Hartman used to do his Sinatra impersonation (which was probably one of the best I've ever seen--it was a scream). so when the whole Bono-n-Frank think happened, I recall someone making fun of that...does anyone remember who did the Bono impression??

And elevated mole:

Ooo.. can I be an official Bono Ego Defender?

I guess that would make you (naturally!) Bono's BED!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

OMD Disco.

I remember seeing the Frank n' Bono thing. I saw it a few months ago and was like "is that BONO?" But I wasn't sure. I remember they were in a studio, but I don't really remember what else happened.
biggrin.gif
Eeee!

P.S. The episode that U2 performed on was the "O MY DAD" episode!
------------------
~Gypsy~

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

[This message has been edited by WildHonee (edited 01-03-2002).]

LMAO!!! OMG! you guys are so great! LOL!!

i am SO jealous!! how is it that EVERYONE but me has seen ben as bono and adam as bono?

*sigh*

i need to get to watchin' more tv

smile.gif

------------------
~Julie*

Originally posted by FallDownJulie:
LMAO!!! OMG! you guys are so great! LOL!!

i am SO jealous!! how is it that EVERYONE but me has seen ben as bono and adam as bono?

*sigh*

i need to get to watchin' more tv

smile.gif

I join you in this one...and I thought I had seen lots of SNL!
frown.gif
But I've never seen these...we really need a U2 network station where they can play all U2 all the time...and none of us would care if it's all repeats!

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom