Caption Thread #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miringeltje

An Interferer
Sorry U2MaNaIcWeIdO!
I know you usually open the new thread.
But I just couldn't wait any longer.
Off we go again, peeps!!

Enjoy!

8f12c95e.jpg

During the flight from Ireland to the US, Bono, fed up falling for Adam's superglue trick everytime, had finally taken revenge! When Adam had fallen asleep on board, Bono had put a roll of tape around each of Adams legpants. Not realizing though that it would make the group look suspicious and stand out from the crowd. So after they had landed, gotten of the plane and proceeded to show their passports to the first available officer, they were singled out, asked to follow said officer along a long corridor, where they were left standing outside a room, waiting to be called in for further investigation or rather interrogation. So there they are. All clearly pissed by the delay this is causing, but each keeping their thoughts to themselves as now is not the best time for things to escalate and for them to get in to a fight.

:larry: has just been called in.

:edge: : Dear Lord, this whole Adam superglue and Bono seeking revenge thing has gotten way out of hand. It has to stop. We're too old for these pranks.

Last edited:
cap020.jpg

:bono:: Wheee look what I got! Haha Edge, you're so jealous of my beachball!

cap018.jpg

:bono:: :| Ok, very funny Adam....

:adam:: (offstage, watching the monitors) I'm a genius! :dance:

Miringeltje said:
8f12c95e.jpg

During the flight from Ireland to the US, Bono, fed up falling for Adam's superglue trick everytime, had finally taken revenge! When Adam had fallen asleep on board, Bono had put a roll of tape around each of Adams legpants. Not realizing though that it would make the group look suspicious and stand out from the crowd. So after they had landed, gotten of the plane and proceeded to show their passports to the first available officer, they were singled out, asked to follow said officer along a long corridor, where they were left standing outside a room, waiting to be called in for further investigation or rather interrogation. So there they are. All clearly pissed by the delay this is causing, but each keeping their thoughts to themselves as now is not the best time for things to escalate and for them to get in to a fight.

:larry: has just been called in.

:edge: : Dear Lord, this whole Adam superglue and Bono seeking revenge thing has gotten way out of hand. It has to stop. We're too old for these pranks.

+

:bono: :What ya' looking at? How was I to know this would be the consequenses of my actions? Not that I wouldn't have done it otherwise. This opportunity was just too good to pass up!

:adam: : Ha, finally Bono came up with something in response to the superglue. Took him long enough. Not that he succeeded entirely, 'cause the pants actually look pretty cool like this. I can pull anything off. I'm cool like that!

JTmakof619.jpg

:larry: This new hair gel I've recently been using, has got an amazing side effect. It makes my hands so soft like I've never touched a drum stick in my entire life. Here, feel it.

JTmakof619.jpg

What Larry didn't know was he'd have to walk around bent over the rest of the day, as he'd just become Adam's 4948595th superglue victim of the day.

dbb304bc.jpg

:bono: triumphantly announcing: Hey Adam, look what I got!
I've found your bottle of superglue!! Now what'ya gonna do?!!

:adam: out of the picture: Hahaha! He never learns.
Does he really think I'd leave a bottle of superglue out in the open for no apparent reason.
I've got such creative ideas when it comes to tricking him.
Just wait until he wants to put away that bottle and cup on the ground beneath his feet.

Last edited:
:applaud: Love yours as always, Mi - here's my take on it
Miringeltje said:
Adam tried to take U2 into a different direction with his ballerina look. Somehow it just never caught on. And thank goodness for it - Adam also tried to incorporate a short ballet routine during gigs but was never very graceful at it, what with being a little top heavy with his 'fro and all. The band went along with it, however, because at the time Adam was the one with the most band experience (after all, he did use big buzz words like 'gig'). This is why Adam mostly just smiles at concerts and stays in the background these days - if he ever finds his ballet slippers again, he'll probably try to relive the old days. However, Larry's secretly ensured that the slippers will never be seen by Adam again. Exactly what he's done with them is a mystery to this day.

3446%3B%3C7923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3B2395564%3Bnu0mrj

:edge:: Hmmm. If the football is placed at exactly a 37.44 degree angle, the apex of the top black pentacle will point directly towards latitude 53, 20N, longitude 6, 15W - Dublin!
:larry:: Doo-dee-doo, play football, doo-dee-doo. Fun, fun, fun. Wait a minute - Aaaaaaaaaa-daaaaaaaaammmmmmm!
:adam:: :whistle:
:bono:: Oh sure, give me nothing to say in this caption, LG. No jokes about my height, no H chord jokes. Just pretend I'm not even here. Fine. :madspit:

3446%3B%3C%3B523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A32%3A6%3A395ot1lsi

:bono:: This is not what I meant when I said we should play smaller venues in the US!
:edge:: Oh, c'mon Bono - look at how intimate a set up this is! We could really make it work!
:adam:: We have to make it work. I cut off my 'fro to fit in here!
:larry:: I'm with Bono on this one. There's no room for me drooms and me hair gel in this thing!

:lmao:
Simplicity's best!

:eyebrow: And did you steal my cat?
I was just scrolling on down and then BOOM! What are you doing there Poco?
He even sleeps like that -- I have a photo I can post later if you want or I can send it to you.

I don't think I stole your cat. That's my little shit Scampie. Unless she sneaks out, changes her sex, changes her name to Poco and cuddles with you when I'm away. :wink: I never knew there was a breed called snowshoe until she found me. Here we are with her annual Christmas humiliation.
3447238723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B737%3B474ot1lsi

:reject: Sorry - totally OT!!! Maybe I can caption it as Larry's nemesis. :shrug:
And I love kitty pix! Miringeltje's going to email you my contact info, but here it is anyway for you. :hug:

Last edited:
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
I don't think I stole your cat. That's my little shit Scampie. Unless she sneaks out, changes her sex, changes her name to Poco and cuddles with you when I'm away. :wink: I never knew there was a breed called snowshoe until she found me. Here we are with her annual Christmas humiliation.
3447238723232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B737%3B474ot1lsi

:reject: Sorry - totally OT!!! Maybe I can caption it as Larry's nemesis. :shrug:
And I love kitty pix! Miringeltje's going to email you my contact info, but here it is anyway for you. :hug:

:cute: Aww...you have a very cute kitty! She's soo cute! :cute:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

:cute: Aww...you have a very cute kitty! She's soo cute! :cute:
Thx U2MaNaIcWeIdO. (And don't worry- I just copy and paste usernames. Much easier for me to do. :) Though I'd love to hear the story behind your username.)
She's really cute and she has so much cattitude - but she gets away with just about anything. 'Cuz she's cute, and she knows it!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Thx U2MaNaIcWeIdO. (And don't worry- I just copy and paste usernames. Much easier for me to do. :) Though I'd love to hear the story behind your username.)
She's really cute and she has so much cattitude - but she gets away with just about anything. 'Cuz she's cute, and she knows it!

:giggle: Sounds like my two cats.

Don't worry...I do the same with some of the usernames here...using good old copy and paste.

Hmm...Orginally my username was orginally was going to be U2 Manaic Weirdo...but I forgot the R...and I captalized every other word...so it became U2MaNaIcWeIdO.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

Aww..Scampie's so cute, she's a dead ringer for my old kitty BC :cute: looks like she's loving those ears :lol:

66b3e430.jpg

:larry: Now that I'm finally standing in front of every one else, you better have that camera on me, Anton!!! All attention to me instead of it going to a certain other band member who shall remain unseen here.

Last edited:
groupoctober3.jpg

:edge: Ooh, look, an interesting catfish.
:larry: Uh, did he just say 'cat'? Can't be in there...
:bono: If I stand here like this, I look really tall! Tip for the future!
:adam: Hey, I wonder if doing something with superglue would ever be fun...

3447364723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A35%3C%3B4945ot1lsi

:president Jorge Sampaio: Here, Bono, ya spilled a bit of dinner on your shirt. Let me help.
:bono:: Oh, dear. I always seem to spill something. Ali gave me Shout wipes to take with me everywhere, but I lost them within 3 milliseconds. Thanks for the help, Senor President!

3447364723232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A35%3C%3B58%3C5ot1lsi

:bono:: The President of Portugal helped me get the stain off my shirt! Now I'm a clean boy!
:larry: <baby voice>: Oh, you're a clean boy, ain't ya Bono! So clean like Larry's white shirt!
:edge:: :cute: Isn't that fantastic?
:adam: <whispers to Edge>: Do we tell him that he forgot to put on deoderant today?

Side note: Larry in white - :drool:. My weakness - white button shirts with the upper buttons undone. :drool:

Last edited:
^That sig is a little, but even more fantastic caption from you, LG! Anyway I knew immediately as I saw the pictures from the ceremony in Portugal that you will do something hilarious with those pics, and I was right! :applaud:

scha said:
^That sig is a little, but even more fantastic caption from you, LG! Anyway I knew immediately as I saw the pictures from the ceremony in Portugal that you will do something hilarious with those pics, and I was right! :applaud:
Awwww! <gush> I don't know what to say...thank you, thank you, thank you! I think there's a few more captions to be made with those photos, so you may not have seen the last of them. :)

And thx U2Girl1978 - I usually try to change it every day, but this one may stay around for awhile. It's also my wallpaper for my desktop. :drool:

On with the show!
344736%3B923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A363%3B9767ot1lsi

:larry:: Edge brought his cat with him to the shoot today. I'm so scared! Somebody hold me! :sad:

Last edited:
<LG draws in her breath> Forgive me Father, for what I'm about to do. I'm sorry, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw this photo!

3447378%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A36524468ot1lsi

Bono screamed when he realized he'd forgotten to put his teeth in for the night.

Anybody else see the eyeball-shaped beach ball??? :evil:

Last edited:
Lemon Grrrrrl said:
<LG draws in her breath> Forgive me Father, for what I'm about to do. I'm sorry, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw this photo!

3447378%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A36524468ot1lsi

Bono screamed when he realized he'd forgotten to put his teeth in for the night.

Anybody else see the eyeball-shaped beach ball??? :evil:

OMG, that's just way too funny! It's hilarious!

:lol: :laugh: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom