Bono's mohawk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2Hearts

War Child
I was thumbing through the booklet of the Best Of 1990-2000 CD the other day, and noticed the photo of Bono with a mohawk. Does anyone know when this was (looked like Pop-era), and how long he had it? Is this the only known picture of it? I am assuming it is a real photo, and not a photography trick.

I knew I had read about this somewhere... took me forever to find it:

BonoThreat.jpg

Bono: This is me -- with a very severe haircut. We were in Mexico. We had five days off, and we told our tour manager,"Take us somewhere -- in the middle of a jungle, on a beach." He brought us in the middle of the night to this place, and we could tell quite quickly that it wasn’t the jungle. We were in the desert. We’re thinking, "That’s even better. We’re in the desert. We have these little houses. We’ll have some fun here. There’ll be nobody around."

We got in very late, around 4 AM, after flying all night. At about 6 AM, we woke up and saw that we were surrounded by people. We looked out, and in fact, we were in the middle of a golf course - not quite what we expected. There’s another shot of me robbing a golf cart, as Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver. The haircut -- I did it for a laugh, and then went out to scare the golfers.

Bono's Scrapbook

goat

Back
Top Bottom