Bono will be Interviewed Live from Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More pics!

r2994094004.jpg

capt.ott10705121840.canada_people_bono_ott107.jpg

My GOD!!! I LIVE one block away from the Elgin Hotel...I wonder if Bono stayed there last night!? Closest I'll ever get to sleeping with him!!! ;)

I deliberated going to the hotel on my lunch hour but figured he was inside addressing the AIDS Symposium (I don't work nearby)...I'm kicking myself now!!! Ugghhh!!

Btw, I posted the two transcripts under the U2 news section if you're interested.

why you bothering Bono with new cd news.. hes there for Africa, global aids.. :mad: sorry if it was me,, i would be asking question pertaining what hes there for.

i know that us fans really cant wait for the new cd.. thats true. but lets face it bono is not there for a press release for the new cd or for the band he is there to help a country that is rapidly dying.

if I'm not mistaken he mentioned something about returning soon "to a stadium near you" during the press conference...

another clue as to the upcoming (stadium?) tour perhaps?

Last edited:
u2philly said:
why you bothering Bono with new cd news.. hes there for Africa, global aids.. :mad: sorry if it was me,, i would be asking question pertaining what hes there for.

oh come on if you just randomly bumped into Bono somewhere you wouldn't ask him about the progress of the new U2 CD or any U2 news? Ask him for an autograph? Isn't it fairly obvious why Bono is there? We all know that if just Bono by himself without Edge, Adam, and Larry is speaking at a press conference right now it's not going to be about U2 news and that it's going to be about AIDS and Africa. I don't see anything wrong with people asking him about U2 and I doubt he was "bothered" by it.

arw9797 said:

oh come on if you just randomly bumped into Bono somewhere you wouldn't ask him about the progress of the new U2 CD or any U2 news? Ask him for an autograph? Isn't it fairly obvious why Bono is there? We all know that if just Bono by himself without Edge, Adam, and Larry is speaking at a press conference right now it's not going to be about U2 news and that it's going to be about AIDS and Africa. I don't see anything wrong with people asking him about U2 and I doubt he was "bothered" by it.

:up:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Kobe was nice to enough to come to PLEBA and tell us about meeting Bono...he doesn't deserve a lecture in return.

Right Arw9797 and BAW! :up: I never like to see Bono's work for Africa get used to lay guilt trips on people for caring about pics or the new album. Everywhere he goes, I see people shoving U2 stuff at him to sign. He expects it, and he doesn't expect anyone to sit there all solemn and only think about Africa. He knows most of his fans care like he does but that doesn't mean you aren't allowed to be happy to see him or mention U2 and the album. :)

BluberryPoptart said:
Right Arw9797 and BAW! :up: I never like to see Bono's work for Africa get used to lay guilt trips on people for caring about pics or the new album. Everywhere he goes, I see people shoving U2 stuff at him to sign. He expects it, and he doesn't expect anyone to sit there all solemn and only think about Africa. He knows most of his fans care like he does but that doesn't mean you aren't allowed to be happy to see him or mention U2 and the album. :)

I agree. :yes: Just because someone may ask for an autograph or a quick U2 related question doesn't mean that they have no concern or care about what Bono is trying to accomplish for Africa.

I agree. Just because someone may ask for an autograph or a quick U2 related question doesn't mean that they have no concern or care about what Bono is trying to accomplish for Africa.

I agree

but I also have I have to keep my bit of irish temper contained when I saw what I did at the Liberal Convention with fans chasing him down I have to learn it just goes along with the gig, its not right but it's celebrity and yes I suppose Bono is use to it . I'd be right disgusted if a journalist asked him about the album or someone inside the symposium.. that be a different matter altogether.. But fans I guess you just have to understand it.. even if you wouldnt do it yourself..everyone's different.. Here in Canada for work I give presentation's on Global Aids.. Kids ask me all the time if I know Bono sometimes it's the first thing out of their mouth.. so as they say it goes part in parcel..
I think Bono was more concerened with doing the job at hand and why he was there then what was happening outside he seems very focused when he is at these things..

just wait to the DATA rally that will be interesting

He expects it, and he doesn't expect anyone to sit there all solemn and only think about Africa. He knows most of his fans care like he does but that doesn't mean you aren't allowed to be happy to see him or mention U2 and the album.

Yep

Last edited:
u2philly said:
sorry if it was me,, i would be asking question pertaining what hes there for.

that perspective had never occurred to me u2philly. but im going to say i didnt harm the movement by asking a small question in passing.

hey bonos chest seems less hairy! it has for a while...dont yell at me for not talking about the aids in africa, but this is a little odd to me. has it just gotten lighter? hehe, maybe hes gotten a few waxes!:wink: i would say that would be adam getting him to do that. "no really bono, ali said she wanted to you do it!"

oh and by the way, i agree that it is totally rude to have fans chasing him down at a time like that. i mean, its not like he wont talk to the fans if he can. its the shallow fans that dont know any better. bono responds well to people who seem genuinely interested in him so that seems the better way to go in my mind!
not that i wouldnt want to see him running from behind....:drool:
i also think that asking him about the album wasnt rude, just curious. of course all the u2 fans there would be wondering that too. weve been waiting for so bloody long!!!!! lol

kobayashi said:

that perspective had never occurred to me u2philly. but im going to say i didnt harm the movement by asking a small question in passing.

The way I look at it you can't completely separate Bono the activist from Bono the rock star. But when he was doing the DATA tour he wouldn't take questions from the press about U2. So you do draw the line somewhere. I think mainly he doesn't want an AIDS-related appearance from getting completely off track with talk about U2. A question or two won't hurt. It's the whole occasion that's important.

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

sorry about the last post. my machine freaked out. No I wouldnt be asking abot new cds, its. when Bono is there for Africa. I really wonder how many fans are really into Bono's work with Africa or are they really into it because Bono is and thats it. My boyfriend asks me all the time.. says to me. "if bono quitted is struggle to help africa would you to?" I said NO.. I do it from my heart.. and the results make me happy. Yes Bono inspired me but now its more then a Bono thing. Its a humantarian thing..

U2philly thats good to hear .. the people that are there for the right reasons will stick with it threw thick and think.. the others tend to give up when the going gets rough or when there is work to be done.. at least thats what I notice ..it's not hard to tell the difference between the two groups.. In the end I don't care I guess as long as the work is getting done .. as ong as it makes a difference

u2philly said:
sorry about the last post. my machine freaked out. No I wouldnt be asking abot new cds, its. when Bono is there for Africa. I really wonder how many fans are really into Bono's work with Africa or are they really into it because Bono is and thats it. My boyfriend asks me all the time.. says to me. "if bono quitted is struggle to help africa would you to?" I said NO.. I do it from my heart.. and the results make me happy. Yes Bono inspired me but now its more then a Bono thing. Its a humantarian thing..

Bono is a rock star. He always will be known as the singer for U2 even when U2 is no more. Unfortunately most people don't have a clue about his work and if they do know they might not care. Everyone has issues they are passionate about and just because someone is not supporting Bono's issues does not mean they are less of a humanitarian. Good for you for being inspired by his work. I mean that. The more people that can get involved the better off Africa will be. But Bono's a rock star. He's my favorite singer and he's inspired me to do so much in my life and the life around me. If he comes to my town to speak you better believe that I'd go out of my way to be there and try to met him.

The thing is, we all know about Bono's Africa work, nobody here is uniformed about what is going on and what he does and why. We all care, and in our own way, we do what we can. But honestly, most of us don't feel the need to keep talking about it and listing the facts again when everyone knows. What has been bothering me is that every time we have a thread about one of his political outings, somebody (no names but not only one person, and not only on PLEBA) will make a comment that seems aimed at making someone feel guilty, or not a good enough person or fan, because their post showed more interest in Bono's pictures or music than is his political work.

That doesn't mean that nobody cares, but we are fans, and we enjoy the excitement of new pics and band news. We know the Africa story, and as serious as it is, this would be a pretty boring forum if that's all we were allowed to mention in "Bono sighting" threads considering that probably more than half of them involve politics in some way. That's a good source of our Bono activity which we crave.

I don't see why a person can't feel free to say how good Bono looks, or wonder about the new CD, without being made to feel like a bad person who doesn't care about the poor African children. Lately it has been dragging the threads down and causing friction. If someone is so honestly disgusted by someone showing more interest in photos or albums, and you must say something about how much you care for Africa, it would be nice if it could be done in a way that doesn't reflect on other members (such as, "if it were me, I'd only mention Africa!" or "Sure is strange nobody shows any interest in this film until they find out he's going to be there in person!") Nobody appreciates being sent on guilt trips, the preachiness can sometimes become insulting as well as annoying. I have even seen guys on other parts of this forum openly say they didn't care, give me the album! It can actually drive people away instead of attracting them. If anybody thinks I'm an evil person for saying this, I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom