Bono on The Cover Of Q Magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dismantled said:
I love the article:lmao:

he is walking around NYC unnoticed and that disappointed him:lmao: then he took his hoodie off and people were rollarblading into bushes and skateboarding into the lake:lmao:

:yes:

:lmao:

kellyahern said:
Just realized that the photographer for the shoot (at least it says so on the first page) is Anton Corbijn :huh:

Ya know, after watching Anton's latest video for Coldplay, I have to kinda wonder what's going on with him...
I love how his work has taken a turn where it seems like he's really just enjoying himself now and indulging in crazy ideas...less melancholia. However, some ideas don't work as well as others, thus we have New Jersey Mafia Bono on the cover of Q.

kellyahern said:

I think he was also the guidance counselor (I might be wrong on the position :reject: ) when they were at Mt. Temple. He also officiated at Bono and Ali's wedding :).

Yes, that's right, but Q is wrong to desribe him as a "priest"; he's a protestant minister and the band's chaplain. May not sound like a big deal, but in Ireland it is.

U2dork said:

Ya know, after watching Anton's latest video for Coldplay, I have to kinda wonder what's going on with him...
I love how his work has taken a turn where it seems like he's really just enjoying himself now and indulging in crazy ideas...less melancholia. However, some ideas don't work as well as others, thus we have New Jersey Mafia Bono on the cover of Q.

Anton did a video for Coldplay? :lmao: I do love Coldplay but sometimes I wonder if Chris Martin just follows Bono around and takes notes on his every move... Coldplay were at my U2 show and everything :lol:

If the look Bono was going for on the cover was "creepy-ass slightly intimidating hobo," then he nailed it. I love Bono but wow that is not a flattering picture. I think it'd be much better if he had shaved, but still... dunno what they were thinking, putting that on the cover. It's not that hard to get a good picture of Bono :huh:

the picture of him standing in the black outfit however... :drool: why they didn't put THAT on the cover is beyond me. He looks damn beautiful there. His hair looks the best I've seen it since this tour I think (why the fuck did they decide to slick his hair for the cover?! makes his head look flat and odd). neck...rosary...hint of chest hair... :combust:

I'm going to go ahead and not read the article, I'll be looking forward to it though...sounds good!

U2dork said:

"New Jersey Mafia" :eyebrow:

Yes, I love that photo in the black outfit too! :drool:

I just noticed it says at the top of the right on the cover -- I'd be a Cool Pope? Okie dokie, Bono :rockon:

SummerLily said:

I didn't think this article was "funny" -- once you get past the headline that is :wink:

I thought it was deeply touching, especially the parts where you see that Bono is not afraid to go outside even though "hounded". I'm not sure Bono shouldn't have a bodyguard though? I think he should; that's just my opinion.

I like the part where he "runs" to John Lennon's "home" to pay Lennon his repects in "Bono's own special way". Love U Bono!

All we are saying is give Peace a Chance ~ John Lennon

Maybe I should have stated what was funny in the first place. Jeez.

:|

here's that last scan cleaned up a bit :) if anyone feels like making a wallpaper out of that, please do so :sexywink: i'm not really good at it but would love to have one :)

q_bono_new.jpg

jeez, the front cover and similiar pic inside are rough - maybe bono is just testing the look out to see what it'll be like when he eventually has to shave his head cause he can't hide the bald patch anymore :ohmy:
*runs away and hides*

:lol:
no seriously, the rest of the pics look great, bono still looks great especially in that last pic above /\

i haven't read the article but i'll be getting it to read on the plane to boston tomorrow!
pretty sure it won't disappoint

one4u2 said:

When I saw ^, it reminded me of this picture:

10442INPM_w.jpg

The "I'd be a cool pope" comment definitely helped too.

Am I the only one thinking they might have made him look like that on purpose?

Another possibility is that he was just having a bad hair day.

:lol:

The date under the photo/picture where he has the black sunglasses on, explains a lot though.
On October 10th, he was wearing his hair in a pony-tail when he arrived at MSG before the concert.
There are fanphoto's out there, where you can clearly see this.
Since his hair is slicked back in both this picture as the one on the front, I assume it's in a ponytail there as well.
But because of the angle, we just can't see it.
I would have loved to have seen a side view of that.

digsy said:
jeez, the front cover and similiar pic inside are rough - maybe bono is just testing the look out to see what it'll be like when he eventually has to shave his head cause he can't hide the bald patch anymore :ohmy:
*runs away and hides*

I know a lot of people aren't too fond of the bald Pop Bono look, but judging from the OOTS video where you see a scan of his head wearing the sunglasses, I say even when he shaves it all of, he would still look good.

Bono_Online said:
High res scans are on my site Bono Online

http://www.bonoonline.com
there are 8 scans in total and the 8th scan is hot!!!

I don't whether it's my old computer or my very slow dial up internet connection but all I'm getting is a blank white space where the article should be!?! So if someone could kindly post the scan of the article here on Pleba pages, I'd be one very grateful Bono fan!:bow: :bono: :heart:

hcbiggs2002 said:

I don't whether it's my old computer or my very slow dial up internet connection but all I'm getting is a blank white space where the article should be!?! So if someone could kindly post the scan of the article here on Pleba pages, I'd be one very grateful Bono fan!:bow: :bono: :heart:

I had to wait for awhile till the scans showed up but I saved them ( it's a little lesser quality because it wouldn't fit into my photobucket)

qmag-2.jpg

qmag-4.jpg

U2Girl1978 said:

Maybe I should have stated what was funny in the first place. Jeez.

:|

:no: U2Girl1978 I was just making a joke! The article WAS funny, as well as touching.

Just chalk my bad joke up to NyQuil; I've been fighting a cold.

See it's me, not you 'cause I even forgot to THANK Bono Online for the scans!

THANK YOU BONO ONLINE! I hope I got that right? I'm still kind of zoned out.

:hug:s to both of you!

anjarw said:
here's that last scan cleaned up a bit :) if anyone feels like making a wallpaper out of that, please do so :sexywink: i'm not really good at it but would love to have one :)

q_bono_new.jpg

:censored:

:combust: :combust: :faint: :faint:

*thank you*

edit: thank you SO MUCH for the scans, a great article!!

Last edited:
I'm not Catholic, but I want a black rosary just like Bono's!

I was thinking that if say Ali or another designer made and sold replicas of Bono's cross collection, they could raise a lot of money for charity.

I collect crosses myself because I love them! And, I would love to have one of the B man's replicated crosses!!!

Does anyone know if someone sells these online anywhere? I'd love to get a pair of Bono's sunglasses as well, but THOSE I need to try on before I plop down almost $200 bucks for a pair of sunglasses.

I want the crosses :(

Summerlily

I did a search and here is a rosary probably similar to the one Bono wears.

http: //www.catholicfreeshipping.com/Products/cfs_hofaro.html

The site has a ton of rosaries on it so you might be able to find one you like. And the prices seem pretty reasonable.

I'm not catholic, but I collect crosses as well. They are beautiful things. Earlier this year when I lost my best friend another artist gave me a rosary as a gift and it was one of the most comforting things. To have someone understand the pain of loosing someone you love and to reach out to you in faith is just such a blessing. Even if you aren't catholic I think rosaries can be a beautiful reminder of our faith in something greater then ourselves. Mine hangs in my dining room so that every day a few times a day I see it and are reminded of the love of God as well as the love from special people. :heart:

I don't think just catholics believe in the the cross....but I do think the rosary is a catholic "thing"....not sure though. Some else will need to clarify...but yeah I do like Bono's and since it did come from the pope - well that's pretty cool :up:

I just went across town to get the magazine at the record store, only place to eat was McDonalds, stood in line behind some guy who argued for 10 minutes that Happy Meals are still $1.99, got my food, to the record store--and they STILL HAD the December edition on the shelf. Oh well, will try again next week. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom