Bono in Sarajevo, a pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:
7bddc939.jpg

Yep Eve has mastered Uncle Larrys FOAD look....wow they are something for Bono & Ali to be proud of!

^^ yep, she's got them! love the way she is holding Ali's arm too.
Wonder if any of the kids will take after theri Dad professionally?

Wow, thanx for the latest pictures. What a beautiful family. Jordan is quite tall, isn't she. Bono surely has to look up to his daughter now, poor guy.

:reject:

Sorry ladies, but I have to disagree with your assessment of Bono. These pics are perhaps the worst I've ever seen him look. :uhoh:

Keep in mind, if this were a normal middle-aged man, I wouldn't blink twice. Being very close to Bono's age, I know all about extra pounds and graying hair (and it's not as thick as it once was - what's up with that? :madwife: ).

But this is Bono - an international celebrity and a spokesman. And he's wearing that God-awful green Army cap that doesn't even look good on people in the Army! He looks very heavy and the gruff doesn't flatter him at all. Either shave it off or let it grow more - but stubble is not Bono's thing. Speaking of "What Not to Wear" moments, his clothes are still too big for him.

Now, I know that Bono often doesn't look his best between albums. I've seen pics between tours many times of him and he's not at his best. And I know he will probably change his look again a bit before starting the tour again (and especially for the next album tour). But I just wish someone would steal that hat. I'm not opposed to him wearing hats - just hate that Army cap and that straw cowboy hat. Those are nasty hats already and they don't flatter him at all.

O.K., I'm done. Rip me to shreds. :help:

Nah I have no wish to rip anyone to shreds. But the fact that Bono does look like a pretty normal guy is just fine. Just because he's famous doesn't mean he should have to try and look like some moviestar type. He's just himself. That's what I'm sure alot of people here find sexy. (And I like his quirky taste in hats.)

Last edited:
I like him and I'll take him the way he is, thats what makes him soooo sexy to me.

I would rather have him not smoke and gain weight than to have the smoking disable him in anyway.

doctorwho said:

Sorry ladies, but I have to disagree with your assessment of Bono. These pics are perhaps the worst I've ever seen him look. :uhoh:

I agree that he's looked better. But I think he still looks much better than he did during the Vertigo Tour--The short haircut is a step in the right direction, IMHO.

doctorwho said:

Keep in mind, if this were a normal middle-aged man, I wouldn't blink twice. Being very close to Bono's age, I know all about extra pounds and graying hair (and it's not as thick as it once was - what's up with that? :madwife: ).

But this is Bono - an international celebrity and a spokesman. And he's wearing that God-awful green Army cap that doesn't even look good on people in the Army! He looks very heavy and the gruff doesn't flatter him at all. Either shave it off or let it grow more - but stubble is not Bono's thing. Speaking of "What Not to Wear" moments, his clothes are still too big for him.

Now, I know that Bono often doesn't look his best between albums. I've seen pics between tours many times of him and he's not at his best. And I know he will probably change his look again a bit before starting the tour again (and especially for the next album tour). But I just wish someone would steal that hat. I'm not opposed to him wearing hats - just hate that Army cap and that straw cowboy hat. Those are nasty hats already and they don't flatter him at all.

O.K., I'm done. Rip me to shreds. :help:

well doctorwho , sure Bono is ageing ,and his hair is thining , and he's putting on a few lbs. I love Bono inside and out , I love the straw hat and his long Vertigo hair and if there comes a time when Bono only has three strands of hair on his head I will drool over the three strands . to me he is a beautiful man and always
will be .

Kelly,one more thankfull heart. I like Eve very much.Seems to me..she is a little rebel like her daddy. Jordan seems to be more gentle, at least acc.to pics. I like them both very much.As for Ali..i like her better than Bono (very strong personality you can tell).
I like Bonos natural look. Ali is just more interesting to me as a person. Girls are just beautiful and they look smart also

JCOSTER said:
I like him and I'll take him the way he is, thats what makes him soooo sexy to me.

That's how I feel.

He is heavy, still very sexy. I also prefer the green cap to the straw hat (but like it better when he doesn’t wear any).

Thank you for your opinion doctorwho. You’re not getting ripped at all.:wink:

girlhappy said:
Kelly,one more thankfull heart. I like Eve very much.Seems to me..she is a little rebel like her daddy. Jordan seems to be more gentle, at least acc.to pics.

they are both gorgeous girls, and it's so nice to see that they're not in the tabloids every week for their partying! i agree that eve seems to have a bit of her father's rock and roll swagger- it reminds me of an interview that i read a long time ago (from 1997):

MAX: I heard you talking about your father a lot but I never heard you talking about your kids. You don´t like talking about your kids?

Bono: Generally my wife Ali is very private and she tries to keep all this away from them. She´s concerned for them I suppose. But I would love to talk about them. You shouldn´t ask because then I keep talking about them.

Larry: Don´t get him started on Barbie.

Bono: Hahaha, that´s right. I got two girls, Hollywood and Hollyweird we call them, it´s like a princess and a punk rock, it´s fantastic.

He's prolly just put on weight since he isn't touring now and has more time to relax with less public appearances. Who doesn't put on weight on vacations? I'm sure when the tour resumes, he'll lose some weight. He looks good either way though :)

Pamelakellett said:

Wow, their daughters are really stunning. How has Bono managed to keep the boys away?

They could both be models with their looks and figures.

Yes...they could...but for some reason, I expect they'll aspire to be a little more than models...at least I hope...not that there's anything wrong with being a model..but from the Hewson family I think we can expect something different.

By the way...do Eve and Jordan smile? Don't know if I've seen a photo of that yet.

doctorwho said:

..... the gruff doesn't flatter him at all. Either shave it off or let it grow more - but stubble is not Bono's thing.

scruff , stubble, whatever - i think scruffiness is totally hot and definitely "his thing."

doctorwho said:

But I just wish someone would steal that hat. I'm not opposed to him wearing hats - just hate that Army cap and that straw cowboy hat. Those are nasty hats already and they don't flatter him at all.

:help:
What kind of hat could he wear?? There aren't that many more choices. Do we have any photos of Bono in a baseball cap? I know I've seen edge wearing one, but not Bono...and not Larry or Adam either.

At one of the MSG shows right before he sang Miss Sarajevo, he said he was going to sing Pavarottis part and hoped he could hit the high note. He said I've been eating at Marios alot and put on a few pounds. So he is well aware of himself.

Back
Top Bottom