Bono in Africa Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:reject: i didn't know a second was created until i saw the response number of the previous one!

ok, ill finish typing up the article here:

Part 4.

The U2 lead singer played a key role in marshalling popular support for debt forgiveness for some of the world's poorest nations, and his fame positively to influence world leaders in personal meetings.

In June last year, the Group of Eight industrialized countries agreed to write off the debts of 18 nations, most of them in Africa and double aid to the continent by 2010.

After a meeeting with Bono on Wednesday, Ghana's President Kafour praised the rockstar's tireless efforts for Africa but told him that increased trade had to go hand in hand with aid to address the continent's underlying poverty.

"Our part of the world is in transition and it will take some muscle to keep up the changes," he told the singer after a meeting. 'with the right policies and some encouragement, we will be able to compete thru partnerships. For Ghana to get to such a position we will need some aid..."

fairtrade4.jpg

These are so great they need to be posted:wink:

thanks for the new pics :)
here's the full interview of Bono with the Guardian guy.. :)
http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A9EB108413A8A10A

his voice sounds gravelly... very loww... verry nice... :combust:

:shifty:

serious or not, Yes, I HAD to do that...

hcbiggs2002 said:
Thanks GG for this! :wave:

By the way, have you checked my reply to your last post on the 'music on the internet' forum?:wink:

uhmmm yea think so.. but I'm looking for the file to have on my pc.. I'm a lot more at my pc than at me tv :lol:
and I have no clue what I'd do with the other 9 empty dvd discs since my pc doesn't accept them...
thanks for the offer anywayz :)
I hope somebody has the file on his/her pc.. maybe Neutral has it?

I finally finished reading both parts on Bono's Africa trip.
Amazing man! :heart: And thank you to everybody who posted interviews, pictures, links,.. :bow: :up: :up:

7a67f956.jpg

Humanitarian and U2 frontman Bono speaking at a gala dinner in Maseru, Lesotho where he was promoting his One campaign to make poverty history, on Friday, May 26, 2006. Bono was in Lesotho on the first leg of his 6 nation tour of Africa.

ImageLoader.jpg

Back
Top Bottom