Big Girls are the Best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faithingrace

War Child
Okay, while painting my kitchen today my mind started to wander. What do you think the song Big Girls are the Best is referring to? Is it physical size (such as well rounded and curvy, or is it maturity and age) or something completely different? I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, I might have missed it. :hmm:

Edge: "I wouldn't be too much into the lyric but it's a great rock'n'roll vibe. I think when Bono talks about big girls, he means large girls - not big breasted, or anything like that. He's talking about women who aren't stick insects. We managed to find 15 minutes in L.A to finish it - and it came together. It's pretty tongue-in-cheek and throwaway."

I also read somewhere that it is about Ali being pregnant of Elijah.

:shrug:

I found this:

[...] "I wouldn't be too much into the lyric, but it's a great rock'n'roll vibe", Edge says. "I think that when Bono talks about big girls, he means large girls - not big-breasted, or anything like that. He's talking about women who aren't stick insects. We managed to find 15 minutes in Los Angeles to finish it - and it came together. It's pretty tongue-in-cheek and throwaway."
I found that on "U2 Into The Heart - the stories behind every song by Niall Stokes" (page 171) :wink:

i hope it helps! :happy: :D

Back
Top Bottom