Anything to see in Eze?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russmadem

The Fly
Hello and I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum.... My question is this: Is there anything U2 related worth seeing in Eze, France? I will be vacationing around Nice, France and was wondering if it was worth the trip down the coast to Eze? Also, I will be in Ireland a few days as well, probably in Dublin for one or two in mid to late August. I have seen the sights there already a few times, is there anything new involving U2 worth seeing? If not I will just spend my time in the pubs in Temple Bar. Thanks, Scott

Eze is an absolutely beautiful village, no U2 sightseeings, but it's worth to visit... especially the Gardens are beautiful, and you can see Bono's and Edge's houses from there :)
It'll definately be worth it!

Can I go with?

If I were to be in Eze, I'd definitely turn up at Baoli- some restaurant where Bono was recently featured at. And in the past during Cannes, I read somewhere that Bono and Edge were there partying, so I'm taking a guess here that Bono and Edge like the place.

In Dublin I hear they like Lillie's Bordello and the cinema! My friend ran into the Edge twice at the cinema. But he said that if you keep your eyes peeled, you're BOUND to see them while you're in Dublin. Once he ran into Paula Yates and Michael Hutchence, and they didn't even live in Dublin.

You're so lucky! Those are the two places in the world that I would love to visit.

russmadem said:
Hello and I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum.... My question is this: Is there anything U2 related worth seeing in Eze, France? I will be vacationing around Nice, France and was wondering if it was worth the trip down the coast to Eze? Also, I will be in Ireland a few days as well, probably in Dublin for one or two in mid to late August. I have seen the sights there already a few times, is there anything new involving U2 worth seeing? If not I will just spend my time in the pubs in Temple Bar. Thanks, Scott

WOW NICE!!! Im sure you will have a blast!! I want to go some day soon too :up:

There are two Eze's, by the way. The old village is up the hill, and Eze Bord du Mer (Eze on The Edge of the Sea, haha) is down on the beach.

Definitely visit the gardens. But with Edge and Bono in NYC probably for the next week (the readings are on July 11 and 12 ) you may not spot anyone or anything U2 related at the moment.

Thanks for the replys. I think I will definitely drive down to Eze for an afternoon. I have never been West of Nice, but if it is anything like the area East of Nice (Monte Carlo) the scenery will be amazing.

silvrlvr said:
But with Edge and Bono in NYC probably for the next week (the readings are on July 11 and 12 ) you may not spot anyone or anything U2 related at the moment.

Sorry to take this off-topic, but what readings are you referring to? Thanks! :)

Eze was lovely. There are 2 areas - Eze Sur Mer (the bach) and Eze Village. The Village was amazing - you walk around all tehse little stoned streets - just superb.

Eze Sur Mer was quite a bit boring. I just went there to see Bono and Edge's house.

Honestly you can do Eze Village and Sur Mer in half a day and spend the rest of the day (and night) in Monaco.

Have Fun!!!

I heard people saying Eze as it was EZZ.

:shrug:

Haha at the Bono being featured at a restaurant! I WISH! Haha, what I meant was, the restaurant had a party especially for Bono.

HAHA!

*Ally* said:

Sorry to take this off-topic, but what readings are you referring to? Thanks! :)

The readings for Spiderman the Musical. I do not know if they are open to the public; I haven't seen anything about tickets on the Broadway web sites that I frequent. I believe the readings might simply be for investors.

I've heard it pronounced "EZZ" and "AIZE." Just listen to the locals and they'll be happy to correct you, being French :)

(I am allowed to say that since I am of French descent.)

I was in the South of France in April and loved Eze. I found Nice to be not so nice, reminded me of Atlantic City. Eze was peaceful and quiet. Loved the medieval streets. There is not much to do but its a lovely town. I recommend the Chateau de la Chevre d'Or. Must see the Exotic Gardens too. I would only stay one or two days here max. Here are some of my photos.

558637087403_0_ALB.jpg

998787087403_0_ALB.jpg

219787087403_0_ALB.jpg

735497087403_0_ALB.jpg

716497087403_0_ALB.jpg

950997087403_0_ALB.jpg

tbird said:
I was in the South of France in April and loved Eze. I found Nice to be not so nice, reminded me of Atlantic City. Eze was peaceful and quiet. Loved the medieval streets. There is not much to do but its a lovely town. I recommend the Chateau de la Chevre d'Or. Must see the Exotic Gardens too. I would only stay one or two days here max. Here are some of my photos.

558637087403_0_ALB.jpg

998787087403_0_ALB.jpg

219787087403_0_ALB.jpg

735497087403_0_ALB.jpg

716497087403_0_ALB.jpg

950997087403_0_ALB.jpg

Did you have diner in the Chateau de la chèvre d'or??
I saw the price list outside and was like :shocked:

The exotic garden is beautiful!

I took those photos during breakfast b/c it was early and we were alone on the terrace (except for the kitty). The food is overpriced and not that good but the views are amazing so its worth it... there are not alot of other places to eat in Eze

tbird said:

558637087403_0_ALB.jpg

998787087403_0_ALB.jpg

219787087403_0_ALB.jpg

735497087403_0_ALB.jpg

716497087403_0_ALB.jpg

950997087403_0_ALB.jpg

Nice pix there tbird! If I ever visit France I'll certainly be visiting the south & Eze.

tbird said:

558637087403_0_ALB.jpg

998787087403_0_ALB.jpg

219787087403_0_ALB.jpg

735497087403_0_ALB.jpg

716497087403_0_ALB.jpg

950997087403_0_ALB.jpg

heh, heh, makes mental notes of pictures...especially the last one :evil:

silvrlvr said:

The readings for Spiderman the Musical. I do not know if they are open to the public; I haven't seen anything about tickets on the Broadway web sites that I frequent. I believe the readings might simply be for investors.

oh cool, thanks very much for the info! i hadn't heard of anything U2-related going on, so was just curious as to what the readings were all about. :)

Back
Top Bottom