89th RSOC meeting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
336576%3A723232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3C64%3D896%3Dxroqdf%3E232335385%3C795ot1lsi

happy Adamday, girls. Sorry I?m a bit late today.

Hey no special theme today, just feel free to post anything you like (as long as Adam is involved :) )

:adam: :adam: :adam: :adam: :adam:

whoa, adam pics I've never seen....

sorry I missed last week ladies, I was kind of busy... :eek:

octeadam.jpg

I have this picture on a post card... well, not THIS one, it's a group shot but it's from the same photo shoot, and I was looking at it today and was kinda struck by how Adam... looks a lot like my boyfriend :) Adam's fro is bigger though...

anyway, I thought you ladies might appreciate that :sexywink:

eleadamdown.jpg

eleadamhottt.jpg

Some QUOTES from the POSHEST MEMBER OF U2 :sexywink:

"Rock and Roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude."Adam

"I don't really like hanging out with musicians. Talking about Peavey amps is not my thing.? Adam

"Oh fuck it.. I dunno." (Rattle and Hum) Adam

"Men should not be forced to wear pants when it's not cold." Adam

"Larry's always been noticed 'cause he's the pretty." Adam

"You have to get the walk right. If you get the walk right you're half way there." Adam on being a rock star

"At least you're not the one she called 'ugly in a handsome way'." (to Larry about an article in Vogue (Propaganda #22) Adam

"'Walk On' was two songs that both had great chords but weren't great songs. We sewed them together." Adam, 2002

"I don't know what will happen to Hanson when their voices break."

"Bono would search for that higher state, improvising lyrics on the microphone, allowing the words, the feeling -- at it's best the ecstasy -- take hold."

"It's taken us fifteen years to get an image together, or indeed to realize that image is important. And not important."

"Part of the attraction of the band is that there is an integrity there, an honesty that comes over, and I also think there is an understanding that U2 are inevitably going to strive for the best thing they can possibly do when they make a record, that are made essentially for us with the belief that the audience will enjoy them as much as we ultimately will."

"Rock 'n' roll is a term that's been heavily abused. It's not something you can buy in a record shop. It's an attitude."

"Every band needs someone like Bono in it. When you join a band you don't know who's good at what. I'm really pleased that Bono took the job that he took and that I took the job that I took."

"I think bootlegs are something that's very difficult to stop. There are fans out there that want to buy them. I don't like overpriced bootlegs that are ripping the fans off. If they're good quality recordings of a show then I'm happy enough that people have access to those things."

"How many people really have friendships that have survived 20 years. I value it and think it's an amazing achievement."

"I certainly like looking at the Spice Girls."

"Be careful what you set your sights upon because it just might happen."

"In America, Bill Clinton represents the changing generations. I think it's very important coming at the end of this century, people who have control over our lives are people you'd actually like to sit down and talk to."

"I would say POP is based on my musical style."

"You know, one or two members of the band could've said, 'Look, guys, I'm happy to do the record, but I don't wanna tour. I wanna stay home and get on with my stamp collection' or whatever, and then we'd have had to look at the record in a different way."

"Men should not be forced to wear pants when it's not cold."

"We're a bunch of noisy, rough Irishmen that are arrogant enough to drag their tails all the way around the world, and I think that's something to be proud of."

"Individually we probably wouldn't have gone anywhere musically. Without any one of us, the fragile uniqueness and special quality of U2 would be gone forever."

"What happens is like you get so big that you can't write a diary. So you hire a film-crew to remind you of where you've been and what you've done."

"And if it doesn't work, we'll just blame Eno."

"I think women are the stronger sex. I don't think it's necessarily putting women on a pedestal, but I think it's acknowledging that women are stronger and you need their support and companionship to help you realise your potential as a man. That's an unusual theme in rock & roll. Rock & Roll is usually....[very macho]..yeah"

"I think if you're going to get into rock and roll you've got to be perfectly sure that from that day you start doing it, you know what you want and where you're going."

"Nobody knows how it works. You turn the music up as loud as you can and hope people like it."

"I just wasn't prepared for the establishment to write me off just because I didn't fit into their academic concept."

"Y?know, we go to night clubs, we?re always hearing and seeing the best everywhere around the world and you kind of bring that home with you and we just sorta felt that y?know we could do a club that was exciting and interesting to people and had a--had a broad music policy. I suppose it?s just because we want to go to our own place rather than roam around the city."

Random thought : I'd like to know why Edge's, Bono's and Larry's picture threads keep going on for days while Adam's seem to fizzle out by the next day. :confused: Oh well, here's some pictures.

Adam01.jpg

Adam08.jpg

Adam09.jpg

Adam22.jpg

Adam04.jpg

Adam38.jpg

Adam40.jpg

Edgette said:
Random thought : I'd like to know why Edge's, Bono's and Larry's picture threads keep going on for days while Adam's seem to fizzle out by the next day. :confused: Oh well, here's some pictures.
Adam08.jpg

I was wondering the same thing.:hmm: :confused: I also am glad you posted that picture I was trying to find it!:applaud:

~Shannon~
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Edgette said:
Random thought : I'd like to know why Edge's, Bono's and Larry's picture threads keep going on for days while Adam's seem to fizzle out by the next day. :confused:
Leather Day had this time as well....about some months ago, Leather Day was dead on Thursdays. Though Edge's and Larry's thread never seen to be uninteresting. :shrug:

It will get better for sure! :up:

SpanishEyes21 said:
0000290879-021.jpg

This one needs to be posted
75_arrivals_1155-adam.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool: Man oh man.........he is a sight for sore eyes.......i know i'm gonna be sleepin real good tonite with ''lots'' of happy thoughts.........:wink: god Bass why do u do these things to me:drool: :drool: :drool:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
^
wow kristie is really good at making red x's ;)

:shrug: :hmm:

I dont see any red x's

*wonders if anyone knows how to make collage bc I really like the edge and bono collage I have seen but poor adam doesnt have any :( * Just an idea of course :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom