Zootopians don't like us too much I take it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Guess we are not liked too much over in zootopian land... After last nite's Denver II thread party thread. Looks like they are ready to rumble with us... or something...Calling us ingrates etc.

However, the mod there did close the thread due to a couple of reasons including the bashing they were doing..

And the reason we used their info for the setlist last nite was cuz we had no connection at the concert who could update us sheesh! :huh:

Check it out if you're curious:

http://www.u2.com/bbs/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=645679&page=1&fpart=1&vc=1&nt=10

I think we're better of closing this thread too... I think that what Baja girl said at the end of the thread before she closed it was very wise...

No need for board wars. :wink:

Will leave open for now....

Last edited:
i wish they wouldnt have closed their thread, i would have clarified some things (since a couple of those comments were mine :wink: )

they took many of those comments out of context, most were jokes that had smilies at the end, and anybody who would have been following along with the thread would have realized it

but when you just take individual comments with no frame of reference then it looks much worse

the only complaint anybody from interference had about zootopia was the layout, not the people. also they conveniently left out the quotes where people thanked them and showed appreciation for updates of the setlist

false representation bugs me

Hahaha!

I complained about the GA lottery system and this is a sample of the responses I got on Zootopia:

"Fucking baby"
"4 year old"
"loser"
"shut up"

Zootopia has no community standards. It lives by its origin, "utopia". Say something not completely happy and utopic on there and you'll get fried in the most ad hominem and disrepectful manner. Personal insults are the norm, rather than the exception. I don't participate there anymore.

They can continue living in their little happy-go-lucky world. I'll engage in pleasant debate and conversation with a community that is interested and has some respect for its members. I've been part of several message boards and interference is ten times the Zootopia community in quality. You know you are ______ when the only way you can get your point across is with personal degredation. That's really for the weak of mind. I'm no moral absolutist but I find it ironic that Zootopia is the community that least represents the values apparent in U2s music.

As for whether they like us? What should we care?

Hope that doesn't inflame things or instigate further "board wars" but that is my observation as a member of both communities. If one of the mods feels that this will cause trouble, feel free to delete it. I'm not interested in a war.

Jon

Last edited:
Klink said:
I complained about the GA lottery system and this is a sample of the responses I got on Zootopia:

"Fucking baby"
"4 year old"
"loser"
"shut up"

I never visit Zootopia, but if this represents the worst it has to offer, I hardly see how this community is an improvement. Spend much time in EYKIW? These kind of responses are pretty much a daily occurrence there.

yolland said:

I never visit Zootopia, but if this represents the worst it has to offer, I hardly see how this community is an improvement. Spend much time in EYKIW? These kind of responses are pretty much a daily occurrence there.

errr...after reading some of the threads in the setlists section, I'm inclined to agree with you. I may take some of what I said back. Only my personal experience. Not everybody's I guess...:|

Jon

to be honest..... when i think about it, i am soo glad that the internet community of U2 fans is so small, which in truth it is, we are only about 30% at most, the other 70% are just loving all this like any other u2 TOUR

U2dork said:
Ah, yes, thank you Beli. Ramblin' Rose and I were discussing that earlier...

lol.

The poster has also had PLEBA on his back for reading threads over here, and hotlinking photos over to the Zoo. ie stealing bandwidth from individual PLEBAns accounts.

beli said:

lol.

The poster has also had PLEBA on his back for reading threads over here, and hotlinking photos over to the Zoo. ie stealing bandwidth from individual PLEBAns accounts.

The kicker is he does not even care - when you respectfully ask him not to do it. Take the pic and put it on your own photobucket site. It is just plain rude.

beli said:

lol.

What I would like to know is, how does this person even get in here, weren't their user ids banned from this site?

ramblin rose said:

It was my understanding that their multiple personalities were banned.

Maybe a mod can answer that one.

I think its pretty difficult to completely ban some one from viewing anyway. Even if their IP address is blocked they can still go over to a friends house or use an internet cafe, etc.

I dont get why they let the thread go 10 pages before closing it :huh:

We are really not fans of 'other forum bashing' or board wars here so I really think its best we just let it go..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom