why do u2 tix, merch, etc cost so damn much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
maybe they just wanted to take that song in from there seats? just because some people may sit down during the slower songs, dosent mean they arent "big fans", people will appretitate the music in there own way

:applaud:

I paid a fair chunk of change for my minneapolis nosebleeds and I sat down during Ms.Sarajevo. I am a huge fan. Traveled 8 hours to see them then and next weekend i'm going all the way to Vegas to see them there too with tickets i purchased off e-bay for a huge chunk of change. I am far from rich.

Last edited:
Dont forget parking...

paid zero to park in Phoenix, but Dallas is charging $20 and up for parking alone.

Understand some places will charge to park, but considering how it is jacked up for the U2 show vs other concerts or events ($10 an up), pisses me off.

Everyone seems to be cashing in on U2 mania.

Heard tickets to Sun Devil stadium show for JT tour were only $5...

Then there is the FREE entry to dress rehersals...

I do have a limit to what I'll spend on a show, but since it is one of the best things I enjoy... I haven't hit that treshold.

Axver said:

If U2 made their tickets any cheaper, can you imagine how much harder they would be to get? It's been bad enough this time around.

Axver....i hope you were at least HALF j/k.....

I AM a {NOT destitute, Not very poor} poor person.
It's hard for me to have like-- 60$, let alone more on a short notice.
The only reason I got into the Oct show was because the quite modest credit card i had gave me an increase, and it's still way lower than your average credit card.
I used THAT to get the 169.00 seats {and worth every penny-right by the beginning of the walkway, right near the stage Adam's side}> I hope to get a GA for Nov. But that's it.

My friends and relatives usually buy me a seat b/c they know i want to go, b/c we've been going to R&R concerts together for nearly 25 yrs!! The first 15 yrs I paid my own way up front.
They also want me there with them {"it wouldn't be the same w/o you "}. Then, I pay them back over time- like months & months- sometimes it takes over a year.
I hope in several more years > 2-3ish } I can either pay them back faster, or pay my way dirctly again.

SO please.....do not be so "hasty" to say something like that....some of us are not as young as we once were with more descresionary income, have more responisilites /or have gotten stuck for now in lower economic brackets than we once enjoyed. dosen't mean we still don't want to rock out.... and sometimes b/c we are going through hard times...we need it even more.

Dismantled said:
My tix were $45, I don't think thats bad. Your right about the tee shirts though:| way too expensive....its like that at all concerts too. Rolling stones shirts were like $50:ohmy: no way!

All the Oslo tickets were 640Nkr, which is about $95 and the Gothenburg tickets about $85 so you were really lucky.

My Toronto GA Fan Tickets only cost $45 too, but unfortunately I couln't go, and sold it to another interferencer...

Allthough, as I said, the Scandinavian tickets were quite expensive, it was totally worth it!

bsp77 said:
We have people complaining that tickets cost too much.

We have people complaining that tickets are too hard to get.

Please one, piss the other off more. Just deal with it.

And people complaining the band don't tour their side of the planet so the people there don't have the option of purchasing a ticket - epxensive or not :cute:

If you can't afford it then don't buy....nothing is cheap anymore, especially pulling off a successful tock tour. It doesn't help to complain, nobody's listening.

Back
Top Bottom