Washington DC II Setlist Watch and Party, Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:
I agree, tonight's show was much better than yesterday's. Also the people around me and the whole arena seemed much more into the show the whole time which made experience so much better also.

Even though they didn't play Fast Cars, I was happy I got to hear a fantastic version of OOC, Walk On (which was a 1st for me), WGRYWH, and Bad.

Overall great show.

I hope you guys can find someone for the Pittsburgh show. Maybe Gorman can stream Bono's speech tomorrow night in Philly from my cellphone. :wink:

Gorman- I was at last night's show and it rocked. Thanks for posting it- my brother was e-mailing me throughout the concert because he was listening to your webcast. Best text from him was "Holy $hit- OOC!!

Hey I'm going to Pittsburgh tomorrow night. If you want me to call from my cell maybe we can work something out to broadcast the Pitt show. I'm unsure of the quality but I can try.

Drop me an e-mail today if you want peter.marquez@osd.mil

by far the best of the 6 shows i've been to this year.

i think i had a religious experience last night, i was behind the stage in the LAST row of the arena and still was blown away.

The crowd was AMAZING last night, i'll write up a review later on. After ISHFWILF was over, he started the first verse again and made the crowd sing the whole thing. I'm still buzzing from it!!!

BADDD :up:

Out of control, Wild horses, what a fuckin setlist

i was at the show last nite!!! WOW WOW AND WOW!! AWESOME SHOW!!:ohmy: :drool: I was right on the rail slightly to the left (edge's side). It was so cool we were at the point where Bono comes up onto the catwalk for City of Blinding Lights. That was cool to see. My ears are still ringing this morning! I was with skjuls and we had a blast! I have some pics that I will post when I get the chance. First time I got to see wild horses, OOC and Walk On and the legendary BAD this tour. Me and skjuls just flipped out when we heard BAD!! Love that song, has got to be my favorite u2 song! It was so exciting to see the tech post the lyrics to Walk on on the tip of the catwalk/ellipse before the show started.

Last night & Wednesday were amazing. I didn't read anyone else's comments yet, but man--great shows! We were on the rail on Wednesday right next to Bono's little 1-foot step-off platform on Edge's side. The energy of the crowd all around me was intense & electrified. And I made Bono laugh! When he and Adam were at the front of the Ellipse, I saw Bono's eyes behind his sunglasses look down at me....I pointed at my wife so he'd maybe remember her & take her up later on, and he totally broke out in this big grin while he sang. :wink:

Thursday was amazing, too. The sound was a bit better and Bono's voice was in top form---especially on WGRYWH and Bad. Bad!!! We got Bad!!!! Unbelievable! Met a great guy from London named Vik on Wednesday who said they never play Bad when he's there---and they go ahead and play it the next day when he's not there. Poor Vik!

Last night we were front row of 228. Great view of the lights, but we've decided we're only doing GA's from now on! :wink:

Imarocker said:
z
zz
zzz
zzzzzzzz
zzzzz

another some ole show, glad I went to see THE BOSS instead...
heard songs from him I haven't heard in a few years...
selling 11/5 vegas
see you next tour:wave:

LOL! Amongst all these rave reviews is this post. Just goes to show how you can't please everyone.

Devilzzzzz and duzzzt!

KBRY said:

LOL! Amongst all these rave reviews is this post. Just goes to show how you can't please everyone.

Yup, my brother-in-law was falling asleep, and I was like, "Fuckin' wake up! It's fucking U2!!"

KBRY said:

During the show?? That is crazy! :ohmy:

Yeah. :huh: That said, he didn't get much sleep the night before. Of course, he made it worse for himself by sitting down the whole night. He's a bit of a music snob, which is part of the problem. He said it was a "sleepy set" last night...yet is into all kinds of ambient music, which would put me to sleep in seconds! Oh well, one man's blood is another man's poison.

DorianGray said:

U2@NYC- Which section were you in last night? I was over by the Edge in section 120, row J

I saw Condi leave- I didn't know where she was sitting.

:ohmy:

We were in the same section and same row! :up:

When I looked down on the Condi section from up in 228, it didn't seem like they were rockin' too much..... :| What did they look like from closer up?

It's funny how the GA crowd swarmed over to the side when she first arrived...! :wink:

i was in last row of the whole arena, so i had a view of everything.

the crowd in general was amazing....

The crowd as a whole definitely kicked ass! I just meant the little box where Condoleeza Rice was sitting---the all looked very stiff for a U2 concert. Oh well!

this was my sixth vertigo show, and it was the best of the bunch. better than the philly boston and msg shows i saw. much better than the first night in dc. dc1 started great and then something happened during ms. sar. and it just never reached the same heights. i still think the middle of the show is a little slow and weak (sbs,btbs,ms,pride,and sad to say one) but the encore last night brought the crowd right back into the show. crowds reaction to both walk on and bad is so loud i can't figure out why other crowds don't get these treats.

band seemed to be in a good mood also.

wtf was the deal with bono's monitors in dc. at both dc shows they seemed to be constant problems.

RademR said:
by far the best of the 6 shows i've been to this year.

i think i had a religious experience last night, i was behind the stage in the LAST row of the arena and still was blown away.

The crowd was AMAZING last night, i'll write up a review later on. After ISHFWILF was over, he started the first verse again and made the crowd sing the whole thing. I'm still buzzing from it!!!

BADDD :up:

Out of control, Wild horses, what a fuckin setlist

I'm glad you were happy with my tickets RademR. I've never had better seats than the ones I was in last night (main concourse, right side). My friends had one drop out because she was sick so they brought their 14 yr. old daughter and she had the best night of her young life.

I'm too tired to be very articulate about it. Awesome show.

Was I correct in thinking I read that the DC shows that were torrented would be available in mp3 in the near future? Being in the UK, I was sleeping while they were streaming.

Tombola said:
Was I correct in thinking I read that the DC shows that were torrented would be available in mp3 in the near future? Being in the UK, I was sleeping while they were streaming.

Give it time. Many shows nowadays find their way to mp3, etc. The standard rule is to allow at least 2 weeks for the tapers to get things together and work on the shows. Actually, some tapers have recently gotten fairly annoyed by folks requesting shows too soon. Check back in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom