U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed (General Discussion/Info)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bazza said:
I was told last night that u2 are going ahead with 1 sydney and 1 Auckland show - the rest will be scrapped.

Anyone heard anything similar?

Guess we'll know on monday.
I find that pretty hard to believe. What are they going to do? Only let half the ticket-holders in? Only the people who had tickets for Sydney 1 will be allowed to attend, and people who had Sydney 2 tickets are out of luck? That just doesn't make sense.

If they're going to go through the trouble to start up the tour again and fly half-way around the world, there's no reason not to stick around 24 hours for a second show.

:up: Absolutely best most positive words, feelings, sharing and spirit I've read and experienced on here in a long while. Thank you to all who have shared and even to those who have lurked or stopped to just read. U2 karma is good to us all if we so choose to be positive and unconditional in our love for this band.

Here's a thought .. why not wait for something official?

Right ... better to blast the band in a time of a need.

What did the phone message about the Hawaii tickets say? I havent gotten one. Would they just refund your card automatically. Please let me know.

agers84101 said:
What did the phone message about the Hawaii tickets say? I havent gotten one. Would they just refund your card automatically. Please let me know.

They also sent an e-mail:

"Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. U2 Vertigo 2006 Tour scheduled at the Aloha Stadium on Saturday, April 08, 2006, at 7:30pm, has been postponed. The new date is to be announced. You may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method, however, we strongly recommend holding your tickets until the new date is announced. If you return your tickets for a refund, we will be unable to guarantee seating for the new date if you wish to attend once it has been announced.

If your tickets were being held at the box office Will Call Window, you may request a refund by contacting Ticketmaster Customer Service @ http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

If your tickets were mailed via UPS or regular mail, you may mail your tickets back to:

Ticketmaster
Attention Customer Service
U2 Refund
1000 Corporate Landing
Charleston, WV 25311

Please make a copy of the tickets for your own records before returning the physical tickets in the mail. Include the name & address on the account, your Ticketmaster order number, and a daytime telephone number in case we need to reach you. Ticketmaster is not responsible for tickets that are lost, stolen, or never received in our office. Please note, the $3.50 per order processing fee and any UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

If you have any questions, please contact us online at:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business"

Carek1230 said:
:up: Absolutely best most positive words, feelings, sharing and spirit I've read and experienced on here in a long while. Thank you to all who have shared and even to those who have lurked or stopped to just read. U2 karma is good to us all if we so choose to be positive and unconditional in our love for this band.

I tell you, I wasn't planning on attending the Happy Hour at Tiki's Bar in Waikiki originally, but if it goes on as planned I plan to be there. At least everyone will have something to talk about.

Hawkmoon72 said:
Here's a thought .. why not wait for something official?

Right ... better to blast the band in a time of a need.
??????????
Show me one person here who is "blasting the band"?

As for waiting for something official, I agree. No one should be making any plans for seeing U2 in Sep/Oct/Nov or whatever. Frankly, I don't see how U2 could possibly make an announcement about possible future tour dates any time soon. There's just no way of knowing when they'll be available or not.

I hope no one here is too impatient.

bazza said:
I was told last night that u2 are going ahead with 1 sydney and 1 Auckland show - the rest will be scrapped.

Anyone heard anything similar?

Guess we'll know on monday.

We're also told theres gonna be a new album late 06/early 07

In other words dont believe it till its official.

And this is U2 not Paul McCartney.....

a friend in adelaide - not sure who told them... doubt it would be right. can't imagine just going ahead with the 2 when the band doesnt really have much planned for after april -

kellyahern said:

They also sent an e-mail:
I haven't received the e-mail yet, but thats pretty much exactly what the phone message said.

Lila64 said:
All Hip Hop website... (excerpted quote below from Kanye West)

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5449

"Of course my prayers are with U2 and their families at this time, and I'm sure their fans share that sentiment with me,” said West, who performed last night (Mar. 9) in Paris, France. "It's been an incredible experience touring with U2. They are a truly special band, a great organization, and their fans are the best in the world."

Proof positive he's never been on Interference.com! :wink:

Sicy said:
You didnt miss anything, just the continued bitching and arguing. It has no place in the forum right now. It's dispresectful to the band to say the least.

Can't you just lock it? I think there were some GOOD things said there too that should be officially on the record.

cleazer said:
I hope no one here is too impatient.

Exactly, everyone needs to calm the fuck down, some of the comments on here are ridiculous.

I've been a lurker here for a number of months, but feel compelled to sign in and respond to some of the bullshit being posted here on a daily basis.

Some of these posters are adopting this holier-than-thou attitude that really belongs somewhere else, considering the circumstances of the tour postponement. Get off your high fucking horses, your arrogant, conceited posts are damn annoying.

In addition, these posts saying that they'll be "pissed" if U2 cancels the rest of the tour... too fucking bad, get a life. For you people to come on to a U2 fan site and write such utter crap is beyond belief, sometimes I wonder what kind of people follow this band.

Let me spell this out in plain English: Edge's daughter is very sick.
Edge's daughter might DIE. U2 postponed the tour because Edge wants to be with his VERY SICK DAUGHTER.

You selfish pricks with your absurd demands completely disgust me. I hope you find other bands to follow in the meantime, you don't deserve U2.

Ticketmaster just called.:wink: New date will be announced, strongly recommend you hold onto your ticket, if ticket returned no guarantee of getting ticket for new date. Not responsible for tickets that don't get back to their offices (lost in mail) and processing and shipping fees non-refundable.:blahblah:

cleazer said:
Not sure if this is news or not, but I just got a phone message from Ticketmaster telling me how to get a refund for Hawaii tickets. Pretty fast action on their part.

ditto...

...same here.

aww...u2wedge, just noticed the license plate.

:sad:

Pizza Hut Susy said:

Exactly, everyone needs to calm the fuck down, some of the comments on here are ridiculous.

I've been a lurker here for a number of months, but feel compelled to sign in and respond to some of the bullshit being posted here on a daily basis.

Some of these posters are adopting this holier-than-thou attitude that really belongs somewhere else, considering the circumstances of the tour postponement. Get off your high fucking horses, your arrogant, conceited posts are damn annoying.

In addition, these posts saying that they'll be "pissed" if U2 cancels the rest of the tour... too fucking bad, get a life. For you people to come on to a U2 fan site and write such utter crap is beyond belief, sometimes I wonder what kind of people follow this band.

Edge's daughter might DIE. U2 postponed the tour because Edge wants to be with his VERY SICK DAUGHTER.

You selfish pricks with your absurd demands completely disgust me. I hope you find other bands to follow in the meantime, you don't deserve U2.

You are not a lurker! Because if you were you would notice that 99% of the poster's here have nothing but love,prayers and continuing support for U2.

Maybe you should start practisicing what YOU preach! Your language and argumentative post is not wecolmed, please try and stick to the topic of this thread, we really don't need anymore "Fightin' words".

We'll all find out what we need to know when the band/management has something to say.

We should all just sit back and wait and think good thoughts for the band and the ill person, whoever it might be.

We can all be upset, saddened, concerned, confused, but no need to lash out at one another. Just take a deep breath or one of these
chillpill.gif

Maybe throw on a U2 CD and get some comfort from the music and remember why you are here on this forum and all the joy they've brought you in the past and that they will continue to bring. :heart:

u.gif
2.gif

Pizza Hut Susy said:

I don't mean to stir things up again, but I partially agree with this person.

The manner in which she expresses her anger is a bit tough, but the sentiment is noted.

When things shake out around here, I think a lot of people will go back and re-read what was written here over the past two days and be embarrassed by some the comments being made at the time.

look most people think of their own personal situation first, that is human nature

It doesn't mean they don't want Sian to get better or understand The Edge's situation.

Bad Langague can't be excused.

All we need is Love.

Back
Top Bottom