U2 not playing at Brit Awards.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well an article @u2 has reported that U2 will not be performing at the Brit Awards. Also, at the NRJ awards in France, only Bono and Larry are expected to attend.

I think this pretty much confirms that there is something going on with The Edge, and that is indeed why the tour is postponed.

dosent matter if it is reliable... quite a few sites havent got U2 down as performing.... both the official U2 site and the Official Brit awards site, anyway if something is wrong with one of the edges famlily, i just hope everyone can hold the edge in their hearts, and pray for the best

KUEFC09U2 said:
dosent matter if it is reliable... quite a few sites havent got U2 down as performing.... both the official U2 site and the Official Brit awards site

I wouldnt expect anything from U2.com until 2010 ;)

The_acrobat said:
Well an article @u2 has reported that U2 will not be performing at the Brit Awards. Also, at the NRJ awards in France, only Bono and Larry are expected to attend.

I think this pretty much confirms that there is something going on with The Edge, and that is indeed why the tour is postponed.

I completely agree.

While it wasn't 100% confirmed, I think U2 were indeed scheduled to perform at these events. And it was perfect timing: they'd get a bit more practice in, free exposure, and it would be a perfect way to advertise the album and tour. U2 would never pass up this opportunity before launching into a world tour unless they absolutely had to do so.

Furthermore, if Edge were attending these shows, then we could rest a bit easier. Perhaps there's still an illness, which has delayed things, but it's not as severe as speculated. But since Edge isn't attending, it strongly suggests that, sadly, something is horribly wrong in Edge's world.

Admittedly, the tragedy here is nothing compared to the tragedy in Asia, but it's still yet another tragedy. 2005 doesn't appear to be starting off very well.

I can only hope and pray that if the rumors are true, the ill person responds well to treatment and life can continue as "normal" as possible - for everyone.

Until then, I still think some sort of official announcement is needed. Let us know *something*. Cancelling or indefinitely delaying the start of the tour due to "family illness" is a valid reason. We're not cruel beings - we'll understand. Just let us know so we can plan our lives and wish the ill person a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Another thing......

Last night I saw a commercial for the Tsunami Aid concert. U2's song "Sometimes you can't make it....." was being played in the commercial, but U2's name was mentioned nowhere on the roster of acts performing at this benefit. This leads me to believe that U2 were unable to perform, but wanted to help out in some way, thus lending their song to the cause for the commercials?

That was the thought that came to my mind anyway.

I wasn't too confident they'd be playing the Brits, was keeping my finger crossed but as its early next month it seems too soon... :(

I wonder...

While the rumors of illness in Edge's family continue to swirl (rather strongly too), could there be another reason U2 aren't performing at these award shows?

I'm hard-pressed to think that U2 would pass up an opportunity to play at this time, given that it would continue to give the album publicity as well as advertise the tour.

However, perhaps these award shows aren't as "honest" as people think. Perhaps it is known that U2 have not (will not) win anything. As such, they have chosen to make an appearance (at best) but decided not to invest their time playing.

It's a stretch, but possible.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

I just wanted to add an alternative speculation. :)

Back
Top Bottom