U2 at MSG, NYC 5/21 - Will it be special?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just hope that there aren't too many VIP's, press, etc. who will be there taking up a spot from a real fan......

chazman151 said:
I just hope that there aren't too many VIP's, press, etc. who will be there taking up a spot from a real fan......

well...

a) just because you're a celeb doesn't mean you're not a real fan, but i get your point...

and

b) only u2 show at madison square garden in the spring... yea... it's gonna be filled with celebs & other various VIPs

Spike Lee has the entire Ellipse to himself.
Its the only way he can ensure he won't have someone taller than him (like a 4th grader) blocking his view.

Last edited:
Numb1075 said:
Kevin051269, you can certainly catch a soccor game on tv at Nevada smiths - great music too

Thanks for the info, any other New Yorkers care to share some good bars to go ? With it being 8 years since last time i visited i'm sure there have been a lot of changes.....we English like our beer you know:drunk:

KEVIN051269 said:

Thanks for the info, any other New Yorkers care to share some good bars to go ? With it being 8 years since last time i visited i'm sure there have been a lot of changes.....we English like our beer you know:drunk:

depends on what kinda crowd you're lookin' for...

if you're going to be in town the night before the MSG show, there's a great U2 tribute band... the unforgettable fire... playing at a great irish pub... flannery's... 14th & 7th.

besides that... again depends on wether you're looking for a place that's gonna be packed or wether you're looking for a nice pint and a place to just sit down and relax.

lemme know.. i could recomend a few spots.

Last edited:
I've clocked the tribute band, will it be pay at the door, or ticket ?
Do plan to catch that.......
With regards bars, bit of both really( i AM going with the missus:( , but she does like to let her hair down:) .Anywhere there is likely to be a decent crowd, no house/trance music and not rip off prices? The strip joints i visited last time may be off limits though.....

Just a note, K Rock here in NYC just mentioned that U2 at MSG 5/21 has been postponed. He sounded serious but no other comment has been made since. Just a heads up.

Not to rub it in but....The boys have stated that the 1st Elevation show in June at MSG was the best of the first leg. And we all heard what Bono has said and written about the first post 9/11 show at MSG. I have seen every show U2 has done at MSG and it is nothing short of amazing....

sami0201 said:
are you serious? bad rumor!

Dead serious, this guy Booker said it, 92.3 K Rock. No further comment or reason given. Dont know if its legit but he did say it around an hour ago.

I called my brother who also heard it but he said it sounded as if Booker was joking...

I can't see it being true.

JR#9 said:
I called my brother who also heard it but he said it sounded as if Booker was joking...

I can't see it being true.

He always sounds as if he's joking but it appeared that this was an off the cuff comment. I wouldnt be surprised if he was full of it but just a heads up for those traveling from far away, double check that the show is on!!

Someone else mentioned they heard the same thing on another radio station - z100. Seems weird since they are launching the GMA summer concert series the day before. Anyone here anything official?

It would be noted somewhere else by now.

Ok, now to make you all laugh...I am in need of a tix for the msg 5/21 date. Have two, but now my kid wants to go as well. So, after your laughter stops, if you can spare a tix, give me a shout.

Mustreed@aol.com

Last edited:
KEVIN051269 said:
I've clocked the tribute band, will it be pay at the door, or ticket ?
Do plan to catch that.......
With regards bars, bit of both really( i AM going with the missus:( , but she does like to let her hair down:) .Anywhere there is likely to be a decent crowd, no house/trance music and not rip off prices? The strip joints i visited last time may be off limits though.....

pay at the door... they go on at 11 but expect it to be absolutely packed, so i'd arrive early... 8ish, 9ish or so. if you need directions there's a map on my web page (click my signiture) that will show you how to get there...

not rip off prices are a bit tough in manhattan... flannery's, where the UF show is, is actually pretty good price wise...

any place in or around times square is going to have a good crowd but they'll charge you an arm and a leg... so i'd stay away from the touristy places.

there's a lot of bars down on bleecker street that have good prices, but it's more of a college/just out of college type crowd... 20-28 years old or so.

other than that... i'd recomend channel four on 48th between 5th & 6th... mcfadden's on 2nd between 42nd and 43rd... mcsorley's on 7th and 3rd... and the pig and whitsle on 48th & 3rd

Can someone call the radio station in NYC and ask if this is true or not? Sometimes they know inside information and they might have leaked it early. I will be tres pissed if its cancelled as I'm flying in from LA! I called KROQ here in LA when Kevin & Bean were saying that the Vertigo Tour was going to be postponed indefinately becuase they talked to some U2 staff at the Grammy's and said Bono had to have back surgery, which I think he did. Anyway, the U2 staff member wasn't legit. that they talked to, and they broadcasted this wrong information, giving me heart attack #2 after the whole internet pre-sale debacle. I would call myself but don't know what radio stations it was. Thanks so much!

On another note, am I the only person here who has a GA ticket for 5/21? Will I be surrounded only by VIP and famous people on the floor or what? That would suck, I want to be with fans!

oceane, don't worry! there will be plenty of fans there in GA with you... you are so lucky to have gotten a GA! :bow:

i am definitely going to UF on friday night- staying for the first set, then have to move on. i'll be hanging out by the box office all day saturday, hoping that they drop some tickets- anywhere in the building is fine by me. and i hope to make it to the pre-party at Spirit on sat. evening...

so excited! :drool: :hyper:

GG_The_Fly said:

Are we taking bets? :wink:

Although it seems unlikely, I wouldn't rule it out - I mean to have a song called 'New York' in your catalog and not play it in NYC, well. . . that seems silly.

They don't play 'Miami' everytime tho go to Miami now do they:wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

They don't play 'Miami' everytime tho go to Miami now do they:wink:

But they play One Tree Hill in New Zealand and sometimes Spanish Eyes in Spain ...

I attended the final MSG Elevation show in October, 2001. That was absolutely magical. 5/21 will be the first New York show since then. It will be memorable to say the least. :drool:

Japes

Back
Top Bottom