Toronto IV Setlist Watch and Party, Part III - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST! (

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Souly said:
Is the filming for an official documentary? :uhoh:

I don't think anyone knows what it's for yet, but that could be really cool. Except that she was filming me right in my face yesterday when I was completely hysterical and crying like a baby during Sometimes...:reject:

oceane said:

I have described it as well as I could a few pages back in this thread, if you want to look. But it's hard, because there were so many new things, and many different levels to the song. I would say it became something much more sophisticated than other live versions. And it was the first time they played it like that, it's only going to get better with practice.

that's great to hear...sophistication...

so it's less rock then too, which is great. take out all the guitars if you have to...

nah, i kid. the riff in that song is one of edge's best.

bring on mofo.

Zoomerang96 said:

that's great to hear...sophistication...

so it's less rock then too, which is great. take out all the guitars if you have to...

nah, i kid. the riff in that song is one of edge's best.

bring on mofo.
[/QUOTE

Yeah, the main guitar riff is of course present, but only during certain parts, and during others Edge was doing more spacey-echoey stuff over a cool drum and bass beat. Very very cool. The floor was going nuts, but a friend who was in the stands said the crowd reaction there was not that great. But to me it brought the encore to a whole different place (although I liked the Zoo stuff too), and I felt like The Fly and WOWY sounded better after bacause of it.

if the crowd didn't receive discotheque well because they weren't familiar with the tune, then they probably aren't familiar with hurricane katrina, or the fact that men have been on the moon. what a waste of space...those people don't deserve to be there.

Souly said:
Oceane, were you in GA?

I was. Last night I was on the outside rail just left of center, and tonight also outside rail further on the right side.

Actually, I think I was a just a few people before you in line. Miroslava told me who you were:shifty:

Last edited:
oceane said:

I have described it as well as I could a few pages back in this thread, if you want to look. But it's hard, because there were so many new things, and many different levels to the song. I would say it became something much more sophisticated than other live versions. And it was the first time they played it like that, it's only going to get better with practice.

Awesome!!! :drool: Thanks for all the info! :up:

Zoomerang96 said:
if the crowd didn't receive discotheque well because they weren't familiar with the tune, then they probably aren't familiar with hurricane katrina, or the fact that men have been on the moon. what a waste of space...those people don't deserve to be there.

Honestly, I don't think it was a "bad" reception. Maybe something comparable to the reaction to Zoo Station or The Fly (or any other non-big hit). It's more than the floor was going so bonkers that it probably looked like a big contrast with the stands.

Zoomerang96 said:

Most people at most shows don't deserve to be there. They want "hits", and that's it. U2 could have never recored Bad, and just debuted it tonite, and people would go pee.

oceane said:

I was. Last night I was on the outside rail just left of center, and tonight also outside rail further on the right side.

Actually, I think I was a just a few people before you in line. Miroslava told me who you were:shifty:

Were you near Bono and Larry during LAPOE?

oceane said:

People on the floor know and love all the records.

People in the stands own the 2 "Best Of" albums.

Ok, I am going to bed now. Maybe I'll write a full review of the show tomorrow. I'm really curious to hear what everyone else thought of Discotheque...

Good night!:wave:

Lila64 said:
oceane - who else did you see? ruffian? VP? I can't remember all that were supposed to be there...

There were a ton of Interferencers in Toronto it seemed. I saw Ruffian, FlyYourKite (I think), Arun V, Mrs. Edge, Cydewaze, Miroslava (with whom I hung out both days), Anitram, and countless others that I can't remember the name. Not sure who VP is...

Also, speaking of message boards members, I'm sure the Zootopians were very happy tonight when Bono, speaking of a different planet where things are better ( I think where Edge is supposed to come from:wink: ), he called it Zootopia.

Cool! Arun was texting me! But it appeared there were sources for the show tonite other than he, but never hurts for backup & confirmation. Thanks for the info! :wave:

MrBrau1 said:

People on the floor know and love all the records.

People in the stands own the 2 "Best Of" albums.

Watch your mouth there. I was in the stands. How dare you malign me!:wink:

(I had a fabulous seat, by the way, absolutely the closest that one could possibly be to the band and be seated--although of course I stood during the entire show. The advantage over the floor was that the tall people in front of me were lower. But man is Bono ever tiny! And with such a great arse!)

biff said:

Watch your mouth there. I was in the stands. How dare you malign me!:wink:

(I had a fabulous seat, by the way, absolutely the closest that one could possibly be to the band and be seated--although of course I stood during the entire show. The advantage over the floor was that the tall people in front of me were lower. But man is Bono ever tiny! And with such a great arse!)

I know. Not all seaters are shits. :wink:

i had sweet seats during the 01 tour...but man were there a lot of shitties around me.

i swear one guy was having an affair with this dude's wife RIGHT in front of me and my friend. it was weird. as soon as the guy went to get beer, this drunk guy started groping his chick, it was weird.

Zoomerang96 said:
i had sweet seats during the 01 tour...but man were there a lot of shitties around me.

i swear one guy was having an affair with this dude's wife RIGHT in front of me and my friend. it was weird. as soon as the guy went to get beer, this drunk guy started groping his chick, it was weird.

maybe she was mormon :shrug:

TheBrazilianFly said:
1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo -snippet Rockaway Beach
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co
5. The Ocean
6. Beautiful Day-Snippet of SGT Pepper
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes You Can't Make it Own Your Own - Snippet, Dirty Old Town
9. Love and Peace or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Bullet in the Blue Sky Snippet Hands That Built America and Johnny Comes Marching Home
12. Miss Sarajevo

Human Rights Video

13. Pride (In the Name of Love)
14. Where the Streets Have No Name
15. One - Daniel Lanois playing the Irish Falcon - Old Man River Snippet Eddie Vedder on Stage!!

16. Discotheque
17. The Fly
18. With or Without You

19. All Because of You
20. Fast Cars
21. Yahweh
22. 40

:hmm:

Ugh I planned to rest my eyes for a while when Miracle Drug came up and wake up in time for the encore but that never happened. I'm such a party pooper :(

Discotheque! :rockon: Ending with 40 :drool:

Not a bad setlist. Certainly not mind-blowing for the last show of a four night stand, but anytime you get a tour premiere, it's worth it.

Only Toronto 2 got Bad, but the fact that a few songs were dropped from that show doesn't make it the best of the four, in my opinion.

I was in GA, near the tip of the stage for the show.....the highlight for me was Discotheque for sure....i'm too tired to try to describe any more than what's been done - but it was completely different - more ambiant, but seemingly more rocking at times - an EXCELLENT rendition, and certainly one of the more interesting moments of the night.

I thought it was a fantastic show overall, the usual standard fare, but, .....mixing Eddie Vedder, Discotheque, Fast Cars and all the rest....I don't know how anyone could complain....it was a great show, especially compared to Wednesday (Toronto II), which was still solid.

Back
Top Bottom